8 4.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

yuki_vamp.esc

the juries would have mattered
Juries votes for quality, what Latvia did is quality. It's not always "ballads" that juries saved because from 2016 they've saved 3 rock songs already, Georgia 2016, Albania 2018, and The Netherlands 2018. While there's non to televotes.

Jay25

So far this year's contest had been a mess for me, and sadly this one didn't qualify to save it for me... Good luck with your musical journey in the future!

lacrymea

yuki_vamp.esc

Milos-BC

It didn't stand out at all, unfortunately. As much as I loved them as performers, nothing managed to hold my attention here.

I would love to see Aminata coming back, I think she would quick set :lv: on the right track.

Alevender

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was a great performance and Sudden Lights definitely did not embarrass Latvia unlike Samanta Tina or PeR. As band that has matured so much in recent years they are going to have a great career in Latvia no matter the result gotten here. Citi Zēni, Musiqq and Triana Park are great examples.

Latvia simply does not need this competition at all, especially when voting system in semi-finals is not made by a wise mind. LTV would do nothing wrong by leaving the contest that has 0 value in Latvia anyway. Latvians would definitely not miss being part of something that has been reveived very negatively here for years.

harey

@Alevender I know that it's nothing compared to the amount people watching the grand finale but sudden lights gained fans across Europe thanks to esc: it is still a way to showcase the local music scene and make artists gain fans / listeners. It would be sad to see Latvia not taking part.

_____

Yesterday I bought their three albums because I needed comfort and my comfort zone is to buy cds and vinyls, lol.

midnightsun

Veteran
but sudden lights gained fans across Europe thanks to esc

I think every artist gains some new fans despite their placement. That’s why they shouldn’t be too sad. I know, easier said than done, I am still devastated myself because they didn’t made it…
But I wish them lots of new fans! I hope they gain their momentum now.

musicfan

A very anthemic song, the repetitions of the hook were ok as the emotion carried it. This and Georgia were the biggest robberies this year.

Geborgenheit

Regarding Latvian voting tonight, I am curious if Czechia, Norway and Switzerland will get points, since there are more tourists than usually from these countries here now.

lacrymea

Well, my 20 votes still counted for something. 4 televote points from :pt:

On the one hand, gutted they didn't make it for 3 points. On the other hand, they would definitely be close to last in the final and it would hurt.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Literally the case scenario I didn't want to see :') :rs: and :lv: were my top 3 of the semi (with :fi:) so even if sudden lights qualified I would have lost Luke Black

Why can't I ever win.................................

Top Bottom