8 4.8%

8 4.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Semra

I love Latvia so much! Never thought I would see this type of song in ESC.
Don't know if you've seen this but it's a great review of Latvia from Rachel. She explains some of what makes it so different. 9/10 points! (I think she's one of the best at rating songs from a trained musician's perspective):

gigi_copp3

This is really good, and it was the best choice for Latvia. But it probably won't qualify (and I fear another NQ would mean :lv: withdrawing)

Chalphon

This is so enjoyable. Don't think it's enough "out there" to do really well in ESC but it will be on my ESC playlist for years to come. I don't like the intro though.

slaviyolin

I really liked the song to beging with, but this has grown on me exceptionally. It's such an emotional moment.

gingerale

Upgraded this to :10:
In this loud and in your face year Sudden Lights bring a total different color to the line-up.

Fingers crossed for a decent draw.

midnightsun

Veteran
Yeah, at the moment I don’t see this Q though I try my best. Since I don’t have a real fave in Semi 1, most of my votes will go to Latvia.

People think of Semi 1 as the bloodbath but in fact I like Semi 2 better and can’t even vote there. Pity.

aef

From :10: to :8: points. With the release of more and more songs, it doesn't feel that competitive anymore. I'm afraid it might actually be a borderline qualifier. I had this as a safe qualifier a few weeks ago!

aef

Im going back to :10: hahaha. I haven’t been listening to the song in a while until now when the music video was released also on the official Eurovision YouTube channel. I love the music video and I realized that the song works better for me with the video than with watching the Supernova live performance. The music video is so artsy in a good, pleasing way and I like the colours way more than the colours/ lights from the live performance. It makes the song look more contemporary. I hope they will create a different staging concept for Eurovision than in Supernova!

rasmuslights

Veteran
This is still qualifying. There's nothing like it in the semi and it's quality why wouldn't it qualify.

I don't think all Croatia, Moldova and Finland will make it tbh. Finland of course will. Not so sure about the other two.

I love Latvia so much! Never thought I would see this type of song in ESC.
Don't know if you've seen this but it's a great review of Latvia from Rachel. She explains some of what makes it so different. 9/10 points! (I think she's one of the best at rating songs from a trained musician's perspective):

But Honest Vocal Coach says this is worse than Romania 🤣🤣🤣

Semra

But Honest Vocal Coach says this is worse than Romania 🤣🤣🤣
I disagree with that channel every year. Don't vibe with her at all. I put much more cred into Rachel's channel. She really gets into the compositions of the songs. And say what you will about the Romania guy - he can sing.

I disagree with that channel every year. Don't vibe with her at all. I put much more cred into Rachel's channel. She really gets into the compositions of the songs. And say what you will about the Romania guy - he can sing.

The boy from Latvia whose name IDK has far better vocal technique than Theodor.

As far as Georgina is concerned, I despise these "honest reviewer" label because she's obviously not that.

She spent first minute of Latvia's review in a dismay about rythm, metric and his mumbling style of singing, as she has never heard Oasis or Radiohead from UK where she lives doing the same thing for 30 years.

Or when she said that Blanca Paloma sang off-pitch in Benidorm Fest this year. 🤥 Yet she has Estonia's entry at no.1. I guess that rating was based on hairstyle relatability. 🤣🤣🤣

If I would pose as an "honest expert" on music, then I would at least get myself a little educated about music. 😁

The woman is a total fake, she must be aware of that, yet every year she manages to spill a few totally unfounded degrading comments against artists. That's not what real artists do.

This is a form of passive agressivenes being vented out on social media and sold to people wrapped up in fake objective review. A definition of all things wrong in SM.

NOW AN AUDIO PROOF OF HER HAVING ZERO KNOWLEDGE ABOUT MUSIC, SO THAT NOONE THINKS WHAT I'M WRITING IS JUST SOME HATE.

This is Georgina's first review of Maneskin's Zitti e buoni.

So, when the intro of the song kicks off, she says: REALLY DISTINCTIVE ELECTRIC GUITAR IN THE BEGGINING.

No Georgina, that was effin BASS LINE WITH DISTORTION MIMICKING THE GUITAR. 🤭 Real electric guitar line joins after percussions, when bass line takes over the intro guitar line, and then a guitarist plays a different line.

Now the issue here is not that she can't handle a difference between bass and guitar lines.

The issue here is that as a female alledged professional music reviewer she really doesn't know that what sounds to her as a guitar line is being played masterfully to sound just like that on a bass by 19 years old girl and one of few female bassists in history of music.

A "professional music reviewer" would say that in his or her video.

Furthermore: "Kind of grungy, like Red Hot Chili Peppers" - Dear God, when have RHCP ever been a grunge band???

Now, re: Latvia this year, this is Rachel instantenously noticing the 5:4 metric common to Depeche Mode, Radiohead, Royal Blood etc.

This is Georgina claiming she doesn't like that 3:4 metric 🤣🤣🤣

I respect Cinan and Deban and Toy and Goy more. At least they don't pretend.

Last edited:

rasmuslights

Veteran

As far as Georgina is concerned, I despise these "honest reviewer" label because she's obviously not that.

She spent first minute of Latvia's review in a dismay about rythm, metric and his mumbling style of singing, as she has never heard Oasis or Radiohead from UK where she lives doing the same thing for 30 years.

Or when she said that Blanca Paloma sang off-pitch in Benidorm Fest this year. 🤥 Yet she has Estonia's entry at no.1. I guess that rating was based on hairstyle relatability. 🤣🤣🤣

If I would pose as an "honest expert" on music, then I would at least get myself a little educated about music. 😁

The woman is a total fake, she must be aware of that, yet every year she manages to spill a few totally unfounded degrading comments against artists. That's not what real artists do.

This is a form of passive agressivenes being vented out on social media and sold to people wrapped up in fake objective review. A definition of all things wrong in SM.

yeah honest vocal coach is a very problematic person, I've heard.

Semra

Really? She said that? Blanca Paloma off key, are you kidding me? Even I didn't know she was THAT fake.
And she doesn't exactly look like a Radiohead fan to me so... better stay with the 'relatable hair' from Estonia ahahaha (good one)

Only thing I saw from her this year was her ranking of all the songs. I was like what??? Almost everything was upside down.

Top Bottom