36 22.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Instead of meat I eat veggies and pussy
I like them both fresh, like them both juicy
I ride my bicycle to work instead of a car
All of my groceries are divided by weight and stored in glass jars (Yeah)
Got my reusable bag
That swag, my flex, my flag
Zero waste, that is my jam
Save fuel and sell your truck
The karma comes for free and so does luck
All aboard the green Titanic
Let's sail the world and then cruise the Atlantic
No ice in the way, no need to panic
All the signs are there, let's go organic

Oh, when you eat your veggies
Baby, think of me
Little kitty, don't you know that
Being green is cool?

Know that being green is hot (It's hot)
Being green is cool (It's cool)
Eat your salad, save the planet
Being green is sexy as fuck
Being green is hot (It's hot)
Being green is sexy as you

Ring, ring, God damn, it's an exam (Let's go)
Get your trash can, no back-up plan and sort through it
Bend over, then jiggle that peach (Ayy)
You recyclin' while I'm loving those cheeks (That's sweet)
I'm a beast instead of a killer, forget the hot dogs (What)
'Cause my sausage is bigger
Three, two, one, all the girls go eco
If you want your man's tongue longer than a gecko's

Oh, when you eat your veggies
Baby, think of me
Little kitty, don't you know that
Being green is cool?

Being green is sexy as you

Being green is sexy as

Na-na-na-na-na-na
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na
Na-na-na-na-na-na
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na

Being green is sexy as you​

Kaz

The song has already started to go viral on Tik Tok. I doubt this will ever reach Maneskin/Dadi Freyr levels, but from a strategic perspective Latvia may have selected the one song which offers them the greatest chance of not coming dead last in the semi final, if people recognise the performance from online and send a few votes their way.

And Supernova was dire. I don’t wanna hear that Aminata would have brought Latvia back to top 10!!11! The song was a snoozefest and nobody would be stanning it if it was from another singer.

Zeus

This is exactly the type of Eurovision entry I strongly dislike.

But having said that, it's a genius song if you care about a good result. You already know that this will receive a lot of televotes. Reminds me of some Moldovian entries.

By the way, why aren't they aloud to say "pussy" in that opening line? That seemed their best gimmick to me.

mauve

Veteran
This song will never be a burner for me. It's not bad, but I wouldn't really listen to it on daily basis. I gave it 6 pts.

Ajeje Brazorf

This is exactly the type of Eurovision entry I strongly dislike.

But having said that, it's a genius song if you care about a good result. You already know that this will receive a lot of televotes. Reminds me of some Moldovian entries.

By the way, why aren't they aloud to say "pussy" in that opening line? That seemed their best gimmick to me.

Well Måneskin couldn't sing "cazzo" and "coglioni" and those words weren't even in English... So...

Ezio

Veteran
Isn't "eat your salad" a sexual innuendo? I don't want to get striked, so I don't eleborate on it further.

But the lyrics need to be more family friendly. Too many f-bombs.

And btw. the song is terrible.

Ajeje Brazorf

So Eurovision fans don't like fun songs anymore of what? Or that opening line is just too much for some?! xdance2

I like Trenuletul and dislike Eat your Salad, and I know why: while the first one feels really an authentic kind of fun and doesn't seem forced at all, Eat your Salad is trying to be funny but it's failing with me because of the lyrics that should make you grin, or smile, or laugh but fail to do so, atleast for me. These lyrics don't make me laugh because they are put right there just to catch the attention of the viewer in a "controversial" (but that opening line is not controversial, just stupid and cringe, imo) way.

So it's not the first line which is too much for me, it's the way they included in the song and why they included that line in the song which explains why I really don't like it.

ollibox

Ohh.... Whyyy you didn't choose Aminata... xcry
Anyway, she will have a spot in my all time ESC playlist. This salad song is not my cup of tea at all.... More of a meat guy.

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
This has no right to be this catchy and fun honestly. I usually hate this kind of 'lolrandom' songs like the lame flamingos in MGP or "Cake To Bake" for example, but this one works pretty well. Aaargh. Winning against Aminata is also a nice little bonus because she's really so yesterday and “I’m Letting You Go” was nothing to write home about, almost like you can't believe it's the same person who wrote "Heartbeat" and "Still Breathing".

Anyway, :8: for now

VirginiaVision

Unpopular opinion: Aminata's song was boring and wasn't a guaranteed stand-out. Eat Your Salad is fun, energetic, and it stands out. It's not gonna be everyone's cup of tea, but its quirkiness is a built-in mnemonic device. When its up against 17 other songs, there will be people that watch the recap and say "oh, that one about the salad was fun- I'll vote for that". Only time will tell whether enough people will have that reaction.

hpp0

The song is mediocre, it has its moments but it is a bit repetitive and not that well produced, but it is fun and playful. It becomes more enjoyable the moment you start paying attention to the lyrics, they are quite something.

The way the performance currently is, I don't see it as a qualifier but I don't rule it out completely.

ayzelto

Ok, let's speak about this one. This is not (at all) the kind of music I like listening to. Yesterday we had an amazing night with great choices from Estonia, Ukraine and Lithuania.
Ukraine will do great, no matter what.
Estonia and Lithuania may be more "appealing", but at the same time they are also less risky than the Latvian entry. What I want to say with that, is that "Eat your salad" will attract more televoters for sure. This is the kind of song that doesn't do really well among the juries but does well in the televote, and probably good enough in order to qualify; time will tell. However, and as I said, it's not really my thing, so I'm giving it a 4/12.

Loindici

Veteran
Hey I'm back here because apparently Latvia is sending a song about salad. This song is like a K-pop equivalent to MAMAMOO's humorous entries: a little naughty and cheeky but still produced professionally (yes, I've heard the studio version and found it surprisingly polished).

Aminata's song is not a single material, not even a chance, and this is coming from a ballad lover.

harey

I like fun songs but this one is a miss for me, musically doesn't entertain me and only the first line gasps my attention. (I like cake to bake a lot more.)

Sorry it's a 1.

Top Bottom