36 22.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Instead of meat I eat veggies and pussy
I like them both fresh, like them both juicy
I ride my bicycle to work instead of a car
All of my groceries are divided by weight and stored in glass jars (Yeah)
Got my reusable bag
That swag, my flex, my flag
Zero waste, that is my jam
Save fuel and sell your truck
The karma comes for free and so does luck
All aboard the green Titanic
Let's sail the world and then cruise the Atlantic
No ice in the way, no need to panic
All the signs are there, let's go organic

Oh, when you eat your veggies
Baby, think of me
Little kitty, don't you know that
Being green is cool?

Know that being green is hot (It's hot)
Being green is cool (It's cool)
Eat your salad, save the planet
Being green is sexy as fuck
Being green is hot (It's hot)
Being green is sexy as you

Ring, ring, God damn, it's an exam (Let's go)
Get your trash can, no back-up plan and sort through it
Bend over, then jiggle that peach (Ayy)
You recyclin' while I'm loving those cheeks (That's sweet)
I'm a beast instead of a killer, forget the hot dogs (What)
'Cause my sausage is bigger
Three, two, one, all the girls go eco
If you want your man's tongue longer than a gecko's

Oh, when you eat your veggies
Baby, think of me
Little kitty, don't you know that
Being green is cool?

Being green is sexy as you

Being green is sexy as

Na-na-na-na-na-na
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na
Na-na-na-na-na-na
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na

Being green is sexy as you​

aef

I literally watched the final performance for the second time now and I already need to upgrade from :7: to :12: hahah.

the dance moves x12points
the amount of catchiness x12points
a new epic sax guy x12points
the costumes x12points
the energy and vibes x12points

Geborgenheit

A Latvian comment in Youtube: Congrats for leaving Aminata without victory. But then don't be surprised about getting the last place in semi final again. Eat your salads and regret not giving victory to Aminata.

:)

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I knew Latvia would pick Eat Your Salad. Well, it was the best novelty entry on offer in a national final that for some reason had about thirty seven. Eat Your Salad is more catchy than it has any right to be. It kind of goes hard. It's just that it's trash going hard and I don't think it's my kind of tat. I was though initially really quite impressed with the production. The studio version kind of explodes from just the opening notes. If the song and performance was a bit less cringe-inducing it would be more enjoyable for me but take away the dumb lyrics and the unfunny guy with the sax and then the meme is gone, and that's what will give this entry a very decent shot, its meme potential.

Here's a really (perhaps too) kind :6: points.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
:'D pls. I just expressed hatred for Lithuanias entry, and now i'm going over the border to realise there is something worse waiting. I actually hate music like this with a burning passion and i'm all fine with a salad but I don't find this amusing. For me 'funny' music is something that comes natural and isn't part of some forced formula. My 2nd :1: of the night

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Trying really hard to be funny and doing a really bad job at it, that's how I would summarize this effort. I feel like we are returning to the Latvia of the early to mid 2010s when they really, really sucked at the contest and sending songs that I guess they think are hilarious?!? I can't, I really can't.

Lietuvis

:'D pls. I just expressed hatred for Lithuanias entry, and now i'm going over the border to realise there is something worse waiting. I actually hate music like this with a burning passion and i'm all fine with a salad but I don't find this amusing. For me 'funny' music is something that comes natural and isn't part of some forced formula. My 2nd :1: of the night

Ashley be like

bullshit-derivative-bullshit.gif

theditz83

Veteran
So just to establish, you don't like things fresh, and you don't like things juicy? xthink

I haven't followed any songs here, but I thought Aminata would've walked through to ESC. Maybe a victim of fierce female fatigue from the Latvian voting public?

marty

Actually I like this kind of music but that song leads to nowhere. I give 2 points.

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
Haha Latvia... April's fool came a little bit early.

Where's Aminata? SERIOULSY! I demand a recount!

I'll give you a :2: because I would wear the suit the leading singer has.

Geborgenheit

I haven't followed any songs here, but I thought Aminata would've walked through to ESC. Maybe a victim of fierce female fatigue from the Latvian voting public?

Citi zēni are popular now in Latvia with other songs in Latvian language. As usual, people vote for the hyped artist, not the song itself.

ag89

Good job Latvia. This is fun, has a character and will be one of talking points in ESC so all good. :)

Carlkva

My definite last place right now, :1: currently

cegs5

It's shamelessly trash and silly. I'm all for daring novelty acts, but for some reason I can't get behind this, maybe it's just the melody that bores me or I'm getting too old for this formula.

I didn't follow the NF, so I don't know if a more worthwhile has been a victim of this thing.
:4: for now.

Sammy

Veteran
If Zdob si Zdub wasn't even more annoying, this would be my last place. So forced to be funny - so little funny actually.

Betwixt Tales

I'm not sold on the lyrics (that chorus gets really old, really fast), it's like Cake to Bake all over again, and I seriously dislike that song. – What is it with Latvia and songs about food?

On the plus side, I like the instrumental part.

HayashiM

Veteran
As a lifelong vegetarian hetero guy who also very soon grew tired of imposing on anyone else's eating habits, I feel super confused when judging this song. I can confirm for sure that using reusable bags and eating only veggies has never got me closer to eating pussy, quite on the contrary, but it's reassuring that the times are a changing now ;)

To get serious, the lyrics are too forced for my taste. I preferred Jerry Heil's #Vegan because her humour felt a lot more clever and more descriptive of reality, at least from my perspective of someone actually living the lifestyle. :)

Nevertheless, I dig the musical part as such. So I will start with a neutral :6: and maybe change my mind later on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom