(Get ready for a)

Pa ra ra
Pa ra ra
Pa ra ra pa
Pa ra ra pa pa-rade

Last edited by a moderator:

Mimmon

Veteran
Yeah those sounds also effectively kill any enjoyment I could possibly have from it. My bottom 5, go at me Samanta's fans. Also the chorus (is that that 'parararara' part?) is bad. I would rather have no-chorus but at least that insane drop like in 'Still Breathing' instead. That having said this is far from being the worst entry from Latvia, but oh goodness ... they have sent some schlock or monstrosities in the past so it is not that difficult to record something better than 'Cake To Bake'. The best remain for me 2000, 2015 & 2016 (random order).
I believe this is worst Latvian Entry....They got better in future but full accapella is terrible entry for Eurovision

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
While we're on the topic of ill-received Latvian entries, 2005 may be fairly well-liked overall but holy crap not by me.

I'd like to believe that there's no genre that can't be a creative and/or scoreboard success at Eurovision, but a cappella is really, really tough. It's hard to overcome:

1) The need for more than 6 people to give a cappella the wall of sound that you need to be good on TV.
2) The truth universally acknowledged that 6 vocalists in possession of a group at Eurovision must be in want of every live screwup they can come up with - live screwups that are particularly hard to hide behind when all you have are the vocalists.
3) More for scoreboard success than creative success: a cappella's status as a profoundly out of the zetigeist (except among bored college students and for the brief moment everyone loved Pitch Perfect) musical movement.

Hats off to anyone who has the nerve to try. For now, I'll be putting my Golden Overtones For Montenegrin Citizenship And Eurovision 2022 hat away. But please, do stan the Golden Overtones xheat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIlzePVzFqA

Mimmon

Veteran
Samanta Tina is such a mood
She learned that she has allegations to her song but she laughed at them.....
Basically reason why ''The Blood Moon'' means ''Red Love Moon'' in her eyes

Also she is recording some kinda show in LTV studio on LTV 7 (usually they are for documentaries and sport shows)....

Iker

Veteran
This entry is a PEARL! xlove xheart

This entry is GOLD!! xbow

Yeah but it has written bottom 3 in the Semifinal to me all over it to me. I will be astonished if it somehow pulls through into the final. Even though I dislike this entry I'd not mind her qualifying, but that's because there are not many entries that I care for in that semifinal. So, I am like, whatever right now.

• Undo my Sad
Reactions: Mrm

gingerale

I think Latvia should call Yerevan (well probably SJB) for some camera work tips. That could bring the dynamic which I missed in that tv show performance. Dance group shots and close ups are not enough.

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
I don't think there's a reason to worry about her staging at ESC based by her tv performance

Ofc she didn't want to reveal anything she has planned for May + you can't really compare a tv performance in a small studio to the actual eurovision performance where they will have a much bigger budget, better camera work and samanta will give us all she's got

I still believe she will snatch our wigs in May xqueenbitch

hijirio

Veteran
It’s not a question of qualifying to the final or not, it’s a question of winning the semi or not xqueenbitch xqueenbitch

njdevils94

Veteran
I think Samanta's in trouble now being sand-witched in between :fi: and :ch:.

:lv: will have to get the staging right and not make it look like a mess or this could end up being Triana Park 2.0 (Though amanta is a much better performer.)

Mimmon

Veteran
I think Samanta's in trouble now being sand-witched in between :fi: and :ch:.

:lv: will have to get the staging right and not make it look like a mess or this could end up being Triana Park 2.0 (Though amanta is a much better performer.)
Actually I glad that they are not last and could be same faith as Triana Park..... But I feel still she going to qualify

Top Bottom