Pa ra ra
Pa ra ra
Pa ra ra pa
Pa ra ra pa pa-rade

Last edited by a moderator:

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
It seems Samanta Tīna is incapable of entering a song that isn't the most annoying, vapid thing I've ever heard. Every year in Supernova I always think, surely this is the worst it's ever going to get, it couldn't possibly be more ear-grating than this. And yet she continues to outdo herself in that regard year after year. :lol: It's going to have to be a 0 from me again, I'm afraid.

hijirio

Veteran
This one will do soooo well. She said last year she had crazy ideas about the staging, something close to literally blowing up the whole stage.
I think this year she can implement these ideas and I think it will work even better with this song. She has been trying Eurovision for a decade. She won't let go of this opportunity with a mediocre staging.

Mrm

Veteran
@Dessi

Where are you to stan Slayanata Tina? :love:

Ohhh, you are preparing for tomorrow evening.. :D

Hope to see you after that here, praising and stanning the QUEEN OF THE NIGHT who is COMING, while THE BLOOD MOON IS RISING! xheat xbow xlove xhaert

Geborgenheit

I agree. And I'm surprised.
When the intro of the song started, I thought, "here, she goes again". But as the song progresses, it's actually not that crazy and less in-your-face. It's not the same as that pile of noise she has produced last year. However, I feel it's less instant and less impactful than "Still Breathing".

I like how she puts in female empowerment message into her song. But hopefully people don't feel overwhelmed by it.

The "Para-para-para...Parade" parts remind me of a Black Pink or some K-pop song.

Luckily I've warmed up to her as a performer coz I know she can put on a good show. But sorry, this song is still not for me. So I'm giving a 4.

But I must say she puts Natalia and Hurricane to shame as they look like school girls compared to her and Stefania is going to be swallowed up by her.

So semi 2 is basically a battle between Super Senhit and Samanta "I'm a ruler-cum-composer" Tina.

Samanta couldn't outdo the last year's song anyway. The message is almost the same as last year, but this newer song is kinda more mainstream.

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
After reading all the hype for this entry, I was expecting something... better than this. It is pretty cool in some ways, there's something about this that screams "not a Eurovision entry", and I tend to like songs that stand out. So that's a plus. But, there's also something about it that's simply not for me. It doesn't give me much, and that repeated line in the background that starts before the song, and then goes on for most of the 3 minutes is REALLY annoying. I'm on a :5: here.

Mrm

Veteran
It seems Samanta Tīna is incapable of entering a song that isn't the most annoying, vapid thing I've ever heard. Every year in Supernova I always think, surely this is the worst it's ever going to get, it couldn't possibly be more ear-grating than this. And yet she continues to outdo herself in that regard year after year. :lol: It's going to have to be a 0 from me again, I'm afraid.

Hmmmmmmm...

hqdefault.jpg

How dare you?

hijirio

Veteran
Ummmmm..... I did something.

Enjoy xqueenbitch xqueenbitch

tuorem

I am shocked.

I was expecting another "steamroller-like" song from Samanta and I legit got scared when finding out her first lines were already full belts :LOL: I admit I got tired of "I'm Still Breathing", it just felt way too exhausting to listen to over time for me, so I gladly welcome this much less intense "The Moon Is Rising". I prefer Tina's lower register anyway, which gets nicely showcased here.

First of all, what struck me is how diverse the arrangements are and how it evolves throughout the composition. It is made up of lots of disparate sounds and elements that form an original yet coherent final product that remains interesting until the very end. At times, it's reminiscent of last year, sometimes it sounds almost K-pop-y (that break especially), and the rest gives me something new enough not to consider it a sequel.

Second of all, while the interpretation is obviously theatrical (aka Tina-esque), what I feel the most is the groovy/almost r&b-ish mood she managed to create in different places. That bridge is just life-enhancing, it just makes me want to clap my hands, feel the groove within my body and celebrate the power of the rising moon. That bridge is the icing on the cake.

I'll be honest and say I did not have high expectations due to my issues with "I'm Still Breathing", and thus I was prepared not to stan Latvia. But Ms. Tina is a composer and she played me big time. I was not ready for this. It's totally my kind of vibe, and she perfected her new entry with skill.

Performance-wise, no worries since sis got the goods vocally and charisma-wise. I'm sure she'll find an original way to stage the song. Honestly, I could envision Latvia as a show-closer again. And this is so different from the other uptempo acts of the semi, all fighting for the same audience, that Tina stands good chances of qualification imo. More than last year even, considering it's less overwhelming and more refined.

Good luck to her, she did that. I'm impressed. I hope her moon will rise as high as my score does.

:12: points. And very likely to be in my personal top 10.

crashworld

Veteran
Samanta may benefit from her second half slot coz she's literally the only female uptempo and 1 out of the 3 uptempo in the second half. I'm sure they will spread them out nicely.

My only concern is, I don't know if people will get fatigued with all the uptempos in the first half and she'll get dismissed as people had enough.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
After reading all the hype for this entry, I was expecting something... better than this. It is pretty cool in some ways, there's something about this that screams "not a Eurovision entry", and I tend to like songs that stand out. So that's a plus. But, there's also something about it that's simply not for me. It doesn't give me much, and that repeated line in the background that starts before the song, and then goes on for most of the 3 minutes is REALLY annoying. I'm on a :5: here.

Yeah I kind of agree tbh. I do like it, but I'm not really all that fussed. I think Samanta is great and I've supported most of her entries over the years - the fact shes getting her moment is wonderful and shes clearly making the most of it but i'm just not into this entry a whole lot. It feels like it's a pure build of energy and craziness that just carries on to the end of the song, then when it's over I don't remember much of it. On top of it is that repetitive line you mention, which kinda reminds me of the one from Mi Gente. It just feels a bit messy I think. Usually I'd be into that and enjoy it, but there is something with this that just doesn't excite me. :6:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
To pilfer a joke format from the great Louis Virtel, Samanta Tina is the Nicolas Cage of Eurovision artists. We respected her, we realized she was crazy, we kept on loving her anyway. This is spectacular. The sheer amount of NOISE, all carefully guided by Samanta. What a queen. :12:.

The Nicolas Cage comparison is just spot on. He's one of of my favourite actors and I love him in same way I love Samanta. Both are full of this wonderful crazy energy.

Morpheus

Okay, I gave it a listen. It's not as noisy or artsy as people were claiming. It was ok. Much nicer than San Marino.
It reminded me of that Katy Perry song, whatsitsface... Dark Horse? Just with less melody.

Oh, gave it a :4: That's the second highest rating I've given this season!

Mrm

Veteran
Playing dirty -
Not my case!
Giving up hopes -
Not my case!
Being envious -
Not my case!
If you got something to say,
Say it to my face!

The queen of the night is coming

The blood moon is rising....