Again by Alekss Silvers
I'm Falling For You by Miks Dukurs
Not That Important To You by Līva
Be My Truth by Toms Kalderauskis
Beauty Will Save The World by Sabīne Blūma Blūmane

Mrm

Veteran
@EscGeek

Can you "translate" to me your comment for Bad Habits "Sail with You" on YT!?

"This guy already walked 500 miles and then 500 more and he's ready for round 2? Impressive😂"

:lol:

You don't want Madara Fogelmane in the final?? :eek: xangry

EscGeek

Veteran
@EscGeek

Can you "translate" to me your comment for Bad Habits "Sail with You" on YT!?

"This guy already walked 500 miles and then 500 more and he's ready for round 2? Impressive😂"

:lol:

You don't want Madara Fogelmane in the final?? :eek: xangry

at 0:50 the song goes something like: "..how many miles should i walk cause i've walked thousand...."

and my comment is a reference to a famous song by The Proclaimers.

and no:devilish:

Mrm

Veteran
@EscGeek

Aaa, all right! :D

At least we have our dear Samanta to REUNITE us all! xlove xheart xhug

LastDreamer

Banned
Seems the Baltics have been REVAMPING their NFs SO HARD this year and I like it!
Moving in the wrong direction. Now I think it's a good time to stop my following of Eurovision.

AlekS

Veteran
Katrīna Dimanta - oh, guuurl xheart

ANNNA - weak nonexistent vocals, but I like her stage presence and this silly song xup

Samanta Tīna - I like this messy song and her backing vocalists, but it doesn't work for me as a whole. That outfit reminds me Gaitana's dress. Screamy vocals make her look aggressive, not hip. I like Katrīna's personality/charisma more than this.

Rūta Ķergalve would have been my #1 ... with another song. I like her performing skills and vocals, better luck next time with a killer ballad pls.

Loindici

Veteran
Moving in the wrong direction. Now I think it's a good time to stop my following of Eurovision.

Maybe I should have mentioned my reference goes to the production value, but oh well

tuorem

Me. I am Mikaela Minga. The elusive jury member. And I have spoken.

Here are my first impressions (and attempt at ranking) after listening to the songs once:

1) Samanta Tīna “Still Breathing” (I'm still shocked about the composition, she really brought her A-game imo. Also, the vocal, attitude and energy are there, so I'm reassured about the performance. I love the backing vocalists too. With a good staging, this could be fire.)

2) ANNNA “Polyester” (oh my God! Gurl has three Ns in her name and a groovy song. This low-key bangs in a quiet way. Grower alert! Her whispering singing with the neat instrumental kind of do it for me. I really like this!)

3) Elizabete Gaile “For You” (ooh I like this!! I like the tone of her voice and her stage presence, and she cute too. The song might be a bit understated, but I find it lovely. It's quite efficient from the start and it builds up nicely, cute arrangements too. I like that one!)

4) Katrīna Dimanta “Heart Beats” (Oh I remember the Cake To Bake girl! The voice and attitude are on point, she gives the song character, and I like that. Despite being acoustic, it's stands out a lot to me, especially the scat hook in the chorus. I don't know how it would fare in Eurovision, but I appreciate the energy here.)

5) Aivo Oskis “Dive Deep” (Oh I didn't expect that vibe, and I don't mind it. I'm vibing, even though the singer isn't the best. This is not a winner anyway)

6) Audiokvartāls “Connection” (aw this is cute, I like the beat. It would be better if the singer were always singing in the right key though. Work on them vocals please!)

7) Maia “Make It Real” (Ooh a mood! This is low-key addictive, even though it's not original and drops are so tired in this day and age. Girl is not vocally the best though, what's with all these people who can't properly deliver? It feels like my country! :ROFLMAO:)

8) Seleste “Like Me” (the song is not devoid of interesting elements, I think I'm vibing to it and it could become a grower. The thing is I wonder whether she's off-key on purpose or not. :unsure: That's weird. To me, she looks like a teenage girl someone just woke up and forced to sing on stage xrofl)

9) Katrīna Bindere “I Will Break Your Heart” (ok, this one is giving a lil' mood with its electric guitar moments. I like the intent, but I feel like something's missing, I wish it went harder towards the end because it plateaus a bit too much sadly. Girl should serve a bit more attitude too, for she wasn't 100% into the performance imo)

10) Signe un Jānis “Inner Light” (aw, this one oscillates between cute and cringy. The piano intro got me nostalgic and I like the atmosphere of the song overall, but I feel like some parts could be better and the voices (especially the female one) aren't on point. I don't dislike it, but it's a shame the potential here is not fully exploited)

11) Shanti “Voices In My Mind” (I dig the instrumental a lot, but the rest is tragic: flat voices, cheap girl-band "choreo" and dead faces. I'm curious about the studio cut, because this live performane makes it utterly hopeless)

12) Markus Riva “Impossible” (as I said previously, the song is actually decent, without being amazing. I know one doesn't HAVE to be a singer to go to Eurovision, but I prefer people who can do a song justice vocally. No shade, but I think I can sing better than him tbh. His voice is as sharp as a razor, his vibes are from another time and the "high notes" were... amazing. Is he for real? :cautious: He really cheapens everything he touches and has as much charisma as a bath mat. Someone else more competent could have turned this song into a contender. See you next year!)

13) Alise Haijama “Me Me Song” (it's pretty messy, but girl sells her song, it's cute)

14) Annemarija Moiseja “Undo” (again here: some interesting instrumental elements that don't manage to save a forgettable melody, and meh vocals to top it all. Average.)

15) Laika Upe “All My Roads” (It started well, but it ended up being a tad mediocre to me. I like the instrumental, but the vocals aren't there.)

16) Līva “Not That Important To You” (the song is alright, the arrangements make it better than it is, but the vocals are tragic: off-key and flat. Pity)

17) Rūta Ķergalve “Izgaismots” (I wonder what kind of music is that, it gives me musical theatre vibes. She has a nice voice and I don't dislike the composition, but it lacks a hook to be remembered I fear)

18) Edgars Kreilis “Tridymite” (it's okay, the verses are better than the chorus, some elements of the arrangements caught my attention, but the melody is on the forgettable side I fear. It's listenable, but I need more vocal power, right now it gives me karaoke whisper teas.)

19) Madara “Māras zeme” (I should be liking an artist like Madara, but I don't. Her first attempt left me cold, and so does her second one. I see she went all traditional visually and musically, and it's great to see a noble instrument like the cello be showcased, but the song is not my cup of tea: it's unmelodious, the part in English is just weird and unnecessary and I find no charm in Madara's voice. In hindsight, I preferred "Esamiba" to this. Meh.)

20) Alekss Silvers “Again” (Decent vocals, but the song... is unremarkable. I don't know why that guy creeps me out)

21) Antra Stafecka un Atis Ieviņš “Coming Over” (radio friendly pop-rock duet. Nothing special)

22) Bad Habits “Sail With You” (oh Lord, that voice! Shame I don't like the song at all)

23) Miks Dukurs “I’m Falling For You” (Decent vocals, but the song sounds like nothing. And miaowing men with acoustic guitars are my pet peeve, so it's a no)

24) Toms Kalderauskis “Be My Truth” (no, I don't want to be his truth. The song is a piece of nothingness and the vocals are sketchy af. No no no!)

25) Sabīne Blūma Blūmane “Beauty Will Save The World” (one of the more capable singers of the lineup had to have one of the worst songs of course: dated ballad and eye-rolling lyrics. Gurl show some self-respect please!)

26) DRIKSNA “Stay” (forgettable, dated and grating voice. Hvala, ne!)

Overall, I don't think the quality is that great, but then again, it's the first time I listened to an entire Supernova edition, so I can't compare. The thing is I think way too many interesting instrumentals are paired with forgettable melodies and/or bad singers. Which is a shame.

I'll wait for the live performances and maybe I'll change my mind about some acts, but right now I'll root for four people: ANNNA, Elizabete Gaile, Katrīna Dimanta and Samanta Tina. All of them are pretty different - and I don't have an absolute favourite at the moment - but these really stood out to me.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
xheart xheat x-hat (which now auto turns into xheat, which is both good and bad) to both Samanta Tina's per-usual both deeply on- and deeply off-trend song and performance and Madara's Annie Lennox Christmas album deep cut

I also enjoy, but for absolutely none of the right reasons, ANNNA, possibly because her name reminds me of this episode of Breaking News:

[VIDEO]

Last edited:

Realest

Markus Riva - Impossible 6.1/10
Edgars Kreilis - Tridymite 5.1/10
Signe un Janis - Inner Light 4.5/10
Antra Stafecka & Atis Levins - Coming over 4.2/10
Aivo Oskis - Dive deep 3.8/10
Alekss Silvers - Again 3.3/10
Alise Hajiima - Me me Song 3.0/10
Audiokvarrtals - Connection 2.9/10
Shanti - Voices in my Mind 2.8/10
Miks Dukurs - Im falling for you 2.7/10
Driksna - Stay 2.6/10
Samanta Tina - Still breathing 2.5/10
Maia - Make it real 2.4/10
Katrin Bindere - I will break your Heart 2.3/10
Samine Blumane - Beauty will save the World 2.2/10
Ruta - Kergalve - Izgaismots 2.1/10
Laika Upe - All my Roads 2.0/10
Elizabete Gaile - For you 1.9/10
Toms Kalderauskis - Be my Truth 1.8/10
Liva - Not that important to you 1.7/10
Annemarija Moiseja - Undo 1.6/10
Bad Habits - Sail with you 1.5/10
Madara - Maras zeme 1.4/10
Annna - Polyester 1.3/10
Katrina Dimanta - Heart beats 1.2/10
Seleste - Like me 1.1/10

opinionsigotem

Oh go on then, put Samanta in the competition. She's not going to do any better at Eurovision than say... Vilija, but she went HARD in that audition. The stage performance should be something.

Bonus points to Alise Haijima for not only singing in Japanese but for including a line that sounds like GONNA SNAP YOUR ANUS and another that goes "Sassy crass like character Asuka" - is that an Evangelion reference in a Eurovision song my lord. Gonna include it in my eight for a lack of love of many of the others. ANNNA, Bad Habits and Madara are my top 3 I think.

So many songs ruined by totally singers that are unsuitable (hi Maia!) or just shit (hi Shanti!)

My preferred lineup:

Alise Haijima - Me Me Song
ANNNA - Polyester
Bad Habits - Sail With You
Katrina Dimanta - Heart Beats
Madara - Maras zeme
Miks Dukurs - I'm Falling For You
Ruta Kergalve - Izgaismots
Samanta Tina - Still Breathing.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
@lavieenrose I feel like this would be the result if you by chance wandered into the Supernova studio and somehow accidentally became a competitor with just five minutes to get ready, picking your outfit from the brown box of fashions put before you, complete with fanny pack and all which you of course opt for.

I stan.

Last edited:

tuorem

@lavieenrose I feel like this would be the result if you by chance wandered into the Supernova studio and somehow accidentally became a competitor with just five minutes to get ready, picking your outfit from the brown box of fashions put before you, complete with fanny pack and all which you of course opt for.
I stan.

This high fashion outfit, Maia made it real for you.

To me, the fanny pack is a clear reference to Queen Valentina and the purse she carried during the Eurovision rehearsals in 2017. You are a trendsetter or you're not.

Top Bottom