10 6.3%

5 3.2%

21 13.3%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Latvia-scaled.jpg

aef

I don't like this at all. Why does this song have so much fans? It's annoying as hell! Still not my last place by now. 1 point from me.

Sammy

Veteran
You see, this entry is not about being tasteful like in Viennese opera ball. It is about her screaming and having fun. :D
Oh, because you think the viennese opera ball is tasteful? xrofl #googlerichardlugner
Well I have a chinese friend who lives here, has family in the Hubei-province and is extremely anxious for them because his parents are in the risk group of a higher mortality IF they would catch the virus. So far they haven't been infected thankfully. But the whole family is living under extreme pressure. Maybe you like to explain to him why it would be a good idea to have fun on behalf of his fear.

Geborgenheit

Maybe you like to explain to him why it would be a good idea to have fun on behalf of his fear.

I'm not going to apologise just because I want to have fun. Je suis Charlie.

Do you realise that this is a feminist song? :)

Sammy

Veteran
I'm not going to apologise just because I want to have fun. Je suis Charlie.

Do you realise that this is a feminist song? :)
Well you can have fun, you don't need to apologize and nobody asked you to do so. I was only explaining why I thought I would find it PERSONALLY (as I wrote in my post) tasteless to use the corona crises as a gimmick.

I also don't know what islamic terrorist attacks or alleged feminism has to do with that issue, but you'll surely explain that to me.

Geborgenheit

I also don't know what islamic terrorist attacks or alleged feminism has to do with that issue, but you'll surely explain that to me.

Samanta Tīna – “A Story Of A Woman’s Inexorable Power”

Tell us about the message behind “Still Breathing? How does it relate to the women empowerment movement?
The official video clip of “Still Breathing” is very artistic and emotional. Can you tell us a bit more about the video and the connection to the song?

“A story of a woman’s inexorable power, drawing attention to society’s stereotypes of women – we must be ideal mothers, wives, mistresses, and successful careerists with big future career plans, sometimes able to be masculine to exist for ourselves, our loved ones and our dreams. At the same time, you must maintain a perfect look and be able to take care of everyone around you too. One big System with a number of obligations that don’t give you discounts! We women don’t have time to stop – We keep breathing and doing. But what really matters most is that we are happy and in love with ourselves, without losing ourselves as a woman, that we find time for ourselves – not as mothers, wives, careerists, but simply as women, whatever our social status, marital status, size, and public stereotypes. Because we can!”

Sammy

Veteran

Tell us about the message behind “Still Breathing? How does it relate to the women empowerment movement?
The official video clip of “Still Breathing” is very artistic and emotional. Can you tell us a bit more about the video and the connection to the song?

“A story of a woman’s inexorable power, drawing attention to society’s stereotypes of women – we must be ideal mothers, wives, mistresses, and successful careerists with big future career plans, sometimes able to be masculine to exist for ourselves, our loved ones and our dreams. At the same time, you must maintain a perfect look and be able to take care of everyone around you too. One big System with a number of obligations that don’t give you discounts! We women don’t have time to stop – We keep breathing and doing. But what really matters most is that we are happy and in love with ourselves, without losing ourselves as a woman, that we find time for ourselves – not as mothers, wives, careerists, but simply as women, whatever our social status, marital status, size, and public stereotypes. Because we can!”

and this is connected to the corona-virus because.....?

Uto

Veteran

Well that's certainly one way to alienate half of your potential fanbase.

dezbee2008

First of all... I'm glad Latvia is finally sending Samanta Tina because poor girl has been trying for years to go on that Eurovision stage.

And of course, she won with probably one of the best songs in recent Latvian Eurovision history

10 points

JohnyKaz

Uto

Veteran
I don't think so, all men are not against feminist ideas.
That is not what I meant. This song could, given the lyrics, be about anything or anyone. Now it's just about women.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
It's about self-empowerment and feminism in general. I do not see how empowering women takes power away from men? Unless you feel threatened by them, ofc.

Though my pet theory is that the "Feminism" angle is mostly just a cover story. "Still breathing" totally is about Samanta winning Supernova and rubbing it on our hateful, frothing faces xheart

LIFE IS MUSIC I AM A ~C O M P O S E R~
SamantaDemon.gif

Uto

Veteran
It's about self-empowerment and feminism in general. I do not see how empowering women takes power away from men? Unless you feel threatened by them, ofc.
It's about *women's* self-empowerment. It doesn't have to be. Plenty of men struggle to meet increasing demands. Their voice now needlessly silenced because the choice was made to have this be about women.

And yes, empowering women does at times take power away from men. Men are being dealt an increasingly bad hand. Lots of boys are seriously lagging in schools, their problems often ignored even though there are various initiatives that help solely women. The idea that women are generally victims makes it difficult for men to be seen as such. Things like that do limit the power of men. To assume that I would feel threatened by women is asinine. Women are not the problem, the framing and the discourse regarding gender issues are and we all have a role in that.

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Using abusive terms to describe other members is not acceptable. Political discussions outside of the Politics subforum are not acceptable.

Top Bottom