16 5.6%

12 4.2%

22 7.7%

15 5.2%

29 10.1%

67 23.4%

• Total voters

Knubelznarm

It's not a good thing to wish for misfortune on others, but in this case!... Daaamn, I hope this takes one of the last 3 places in the semifinal, and i could definitely see it happen.
Imo this song deserves to be punished for being so extremely cheap and bad-taste, and Latvia too for making such an insane decision to send it. I find it embarrassing :oops: Sorry if i offend.

Milos-BC

I am not sure how it will appeal to the general public, and I don't see it as a qualifier, but as this is my guilty pleasure this year, I really hope they make it :D

Goodluck!

Rubine

I enjoyed this song the most of 1st semi-final. Can't belief they are out!

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Latvia made the mistake of having a gimmick song trying to hide it behind a serious/standard performance which bit them in the butt. I didn't expect it to qualify but it was vocally much better than expected. Sorry Latvia :(

Miguel

Anmary - Beautiful Song - Live - 2012 Eurovision Song Contest Semi Final 1

Fluke

I really thought this would make it, but the staging was a little boring.... not really bad, but it didn't stand out enough in this semi. Well done though!

Mozz

During the rehearsal I just knew this wouldn't qualify, the total package was just too tame, too soft, too unobtrusive.

They could've put on a little show, a little theater piece, with several physical accessories. The idea I had in mind for this was a hair saloon, with lots of simultaneous (and simple) choreography between Anmary and the girls and maybe a male hairdresse. Similar to what they did in the official video (near the end, at the airport). It would've looked really cool on the big stage.

94ayd

Latvia made the mistake of having a gimmick song trying to hide it behind a serious/standard performance which bit them in the butt. I didn't expect it to qualify but it was vocally much better than expected. Sorry Latvia :(

+1 They've consistently been trying to make the entry blander since it was chosen - they changed the song and performance for worse. Unfortunately, I'm 100% it's 4th consecutive bottom 3 in the semi for :lv:. :(

Rusch

Yes, the stage performance was not convincing. The song was a bit naive, but catchy. I liked it.

pras

you really expected a show from Latvia? you didn't get what Anmary tried to do then. She did what she wanted to do. It was awesome :D

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
you really expected a show from Latvia? you didn't get what Anmary tried to do then. She did what she wanted to do. It was awesome :D

And neither did Europe ;) What is it she was trying to do? She had a silly lyric song yet a very pageant cutie performance.

eerik

Re: LATVIA 2012

This is what I predicted in January:
Haven't listened to second semi-final songs yet, but so far it seems like it will be the last place in the Eurovision semi-final again for Latvia. Our poor neighbours have totally flopped for three years in a row and this will be the fourth time.

I wasn't too wrong, Latvia was 16th out of 18 in their semi. Third from the bottom, same as last year. Four total failures in a row. They need to change something in their pre-selection process.

as78

I previously had no opportunity to write a longer comment, because I was not at home using the Internet only through mobile phone. But now some interesting things.

Latvian press after not entering the final had pretty heavy criticism. Not for Anmary who sang vocally great, but against a team which prepared the performance and dresses.

For example, one of the leading newspaper "Neatkarīgā" came out with a loud title:
"Pūce and Salceviča should keep away from Eurovision"
[Dace Pūce - performance director and producer;
Indra Salceviča - dress designer]

Some interesting, ironic and juicy quotes:
“Already watching a performance, it was clear that this time we could be saved only by Ireland (there lives the Latvian diaspora), Russia (only behind of mercy), the jury, or incredible luck (if at least eight other competitors would be disqualified on doping).

What was remembered from Latvia’s performance? Five uncoordinated desperate housewifes mashing around the stage, which just arrived, laid on the stage boards and now are trying to tell something about their success story?

Large number of local professionals during number of months can not figure out even something that we might after the semi-finals complain about that all this is determined by the regional and political voting. And say "Europe did not understand us". It is obvious that anyone who looked at this, immediately after Anmary’s performance realized that there is nothing to understand for Europe, because there is nothing at all and will not be.”

Well-known singer Lauris Reiniks called the performance preparers as “team of goofs”.

I was also indignant about the performance.

I think there were two stumbling blocks - lyrics, which was pretty stupid and terrible performance. The melody was good and Anmary really sang great.

I hope that these many mistakes will be further taken into account and we will be able to overcome series of the failures.

Top Bottom