Contact us

Kazakhstan KAZAKHSTAN 2021 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
We want Kazakhstan in Eurovision, so we can complain about 12 points for Russia, Russia, Russia, all year long.

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am a clown, we are all clowns, simply left to dwell in our own clownery.

Loindici

Veteran
this thread is cooking so well.

i've been reconsidering things and this is gonna be my cheapest offering: they probably don't feel the urgency since they already have 41 countries on board, ooooor they just want to see how kz plays it on jesc but it might probably take appr. 5 years until they made any decision.

opinionsigotem

I feel like Kazakhstan joining ESC would have the same trajectory of Azerbaijan i.e. throwing loads of money at their entries initially to secure a win only for everyone to make shocked Pikachu faces as the hosting falls flat and then dozens of exposés come out on their government/human rights not being great (to say the least).

Though KZ seems to have a somewhat prominent music scene whilst AZ are forced to buy songs from Sweden every year so we'll see

njdevils94

Veteran
I feel like Kazakhstan joining ESC would have the same trajectory of Azerbaijan i.e. throwing loads of money at their entries initially to secure a win only for everyone to make shocked Pikachu faces as the hosting falls flat and then dozens of exposés come out on their government/human rights not being great (to say the least).

Though KZ seems to have a somewhat prominent music scene whilst AZ are forced to buy songs from Sweden every year so we'll see

That's the thing. Kazakhstan wouldn't just buy Swedish rejected Melfest songs.They have their own music scene and all of their big artists (ie Zhanar, Dimash, KeshYou etc.) would very much like to do it. Definitely you would see themput a lot of effort into staging and promotion.

A-lister

Veteran
That's the thing. Kazakhstan wouldn't just buy Swedish rejected Melfest songs.They have their own music scene and all of their big artists (ie Zhanar, Dimash, KeshYou etc.) would very much like to do it. Definitely you would see themput a lot of effort into staging and promotion.

Half (or more) of the Eurovision countries imported Swedish stuff at one point or another :lol: , so we can't really only blame Azerbaijan for that (although they clearly mastered the art and is on top of the class!). But yes, it seems Kazakhstan has a much more thriving music scene and hearing some of their stuff, they really don't need to import anything tbh and would be fine with their own productions. They already put more effort into jESC than what many countries with big music industries does in the adult ESC (hello all the big 5 minus Italy!)

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Even though I support Kazakhstan participation in ESC, the fact that they are doing well now in JESC doesn't automatically mean the country would be gonna do well in ESC too. We already have several examples of countries having great results in JESC but struggling in ESC.

A-lister

Veteran
Even though I support Kazakhstan participation in ESC, the fact that they are doing well now in JESC doesn't automatically mean the country would be gonna do well in ESC too. We already have several examples of countries having great results in JESC but struggling in ESC.

Obviously, the jESC comparison is probably more to showcase that they are willing to put an effort, not necessarily that they would do equally good. Adult ESC is obviously tougher, having far more competitors is just one of the factors.

Mainshow

Veteran
After Armenia's withdrawal and Belarus' faith, I think that it's a true loss that Eurovision has to say goodbye to two Ex-Soviet countries this year (and maybe more editions to come?). - The EBU should act now and invite Kazakhstan to make Eurovision more balanced! - :kz: is a powerhouse and I'm sure they can come up with a decent to great entry in a week!

Sammy

Veteran
yeah - just when we are about to get rid of one dictatorship that tried to poison the contest with its propaganda let‘s invite another one who‘s also keen to use eurovision to whitewash them.

DenizESC

Banned
yeah - just when we are about to get rid of one dictatorship that tried to poison the contest with its propaganda let‘s invite another one who‘s also keen to use eurovision to whitewash them.
Eurovision isn't about politics, if they send a political song like Belarus just DSQ them like happened it ain't rocket science. It shouldn't have anything to with them being able to take part though as it's literally the opposite reason of why ESC was created? Also we all know the reason Qazaqstan is being discriminated and in 2021 I think we all should stand against such gross mindsets tbh...

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
The EBU should act now and invite Kazakhstan to make Eurovision more balanced! - :kz: is a powerhouse and I'm sure they can come up with a decent to great entry in a week!

THIS THIS THIS

Sammy

Veteran
Eurovision isn't about politics, if they send a political song like Belarus just DSQ them like happened it ain't rocket science. It shouldn't have anything to with them being able to take part though as it's literally the opposite reason of why ESC was created? Also we all know the reason Qazaqstan is being discriminated and in 2021 I think we all should stand against such gross mindsets tbh...
xrofl

No seriously. I won't restart this useless discussion where A-lister tells me that a central asian country is in Europe and others say that Kazakh shares more with european culture than Australia, and that the political system is about as authoritarian as Israel or Sweden (!). Those are the facts:

1) The ESC is NOT an issue in Kazakhstan the broad majority cares about. They don't even know it exists.
2) esckaz.com is made by a team of media professionals from Russia, Ukraine, Latvia and the UK. It's not even in kazhak language.
3) The only people interested in Kazakhstan to enter the contest are - right: the people in power.
4) These people seek to use the contest not for the purpose it was created, but to have a stage to promote their agenda. Just as Belarus did. Thanks - I don't need that. Case closed for me.

I know many will not agree with me, but I will not enter any discussion about it.

pras

xrofl

No seriously. I won't restart this useless discussion where A-lister tells me that a central asian country is in Europe and others say that Kazakh shares more with european culture than Australia, and that the political system is about as authoritarian as Israel or Sweden (!). Those are the facts:

1) The ESC is NOT an issue in Kazakhstan the broad majority cares about. They don't even know it exists.
2) esckaz.com is made by a team of media professionals from Russia, Ukraine, Latvia and the UK. It's not even in kazhak language.
3) The only people interested in Kazakhstan to enter the contest are - right: the people in power.
4) These people seek to use the contest not for the purpose it was created, but to have a stage to promote their agenda. Just as Belarus did. Thanks - I don't need that. Case closed for me.

I know many will not agree with me, but I will not enter any discussion about it.
I don't know how can you say such bullshit without knowing anything. Just go watch some Kazakh TV Shows and see how people enjoy with Eurovision songs, from Euphoria to Kuula. (Yes I have seen Kazakhs singing Kuula in Estonian).

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran

Eurovision already have a bunch of dictatorships and questionable "democracies", EBU doesn't mind (heck they even invited Belarus with all what's going on there). I think that with Belarus though they took it a step too far and it's now a human rights crisis (I mean the Belarusian government are even planning concentration camps!).

I am not saying this to downplay the fact that Kazakhstan is a dictatorship, they are, but they aren't worse than Russia and Azerbaijan for instance, and I think that it is hypocritical to have different measurements for countries and I truly don't think EBU is blocking them because they are concerned about their democracy level xshrug

ESC94

xrofl

You basically took the word out of my mouth, agree with you 100 %. xclap

And I won´t start a discussion as well.

Sammy

Veteran
as I said - it's useless to try to get me into this discussion with the same ever repeated arguments. I stated my point - that's it. You can spare yourself the time and the effort to answer me on this topic.

Top Bottom