Contact us

Kazakhstan KAZAKHSTAN 2020 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
kz.png

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Re: KAZAKHSTAN 2020

I don't care, at all, whether Kazakh makes it in or not, but that may just be spill-over OldAzerbaijan PTSD on my behalf. If their presence is to become that of a corrupt overscoring jury demon (like Azerbaijan pre-2015, or DNA-era Australia), they'd better stay far away.

More countries in ESC is nice and all, but not if it impedes Estonia's and Slovenia's chances to make the Grand Final ^__^

Preuss

If their entries are good, I don’t see why they shouldn’t do well with juries and why fans should believe they are corrupt and having a bias towards Kazakhstan :?

tuorem

Zhanar calmly waiting for the running joke to end while judging the EBiaS.

Zhanar-Dugalova-300x400.jpg

I guess they're afraid of their potential power in the contest (weren't they third with televoters in JESC last year?). Imagine the embarrassing situation if they won with their debut song while Aussies would keep wandering in the wilderness after six attempts. :lol:

Preuss

Well yeah I don’t really see why Kazakhstan can’t participate when Australia can :p
How long have they wanted to join the contest?

Loindici

Veteran

I think Belarus or Russia needs to win ESC in order for Kazakhstan to debut. That's something I noticed in JESC 2018,.

Mainshow

Veteran

Well yeah I don’t really see why Kazakhstan can’t participate when Australia can :p

They have sent a delegation to Eurovision 2009, for sure... It's more than 10 years now at least... It doesn't make sense to wait any longer to let them debut. Unlike Australia, Cyprus, Israel, Morocco, Armenia, Tunisia, Lebanon (which are all allowed to participate), Kazakhstan still has some European territories at least (even though it's rather small).

I hate double standards!

Ezio

Veteran

Let's get rid off Australia then. Kazakhstan and them can join AsiaVision.

A-lister

Veteran

Are people still surprised that EBU is locking the door? I guess there's nothing new to say here than was already said, it's just double standards, hypocrisy and cultural discrimination nothing else...

Mainshow

Veteran
After winning the jury votes in JESC, it's time EBU invited Kazakhstan to Rotterdam!

ESC94

I don´t know why, but even though I want as many countries participating as possible I wouldn´t be that excited about :kz: entering the ESC. xshrug

Mainshow

Veteran
Even though I love the Polish JESC entry and I think that the victoriy is well-deserved, I would have loved to see Kazakhstan win as well.. I mean... the EBU wouldn't be that stupid to ask the Kazakh JESC winner to attened ESC in Rotterdam and asks him to promote the JESC whilst his own country has been denied access to join Europe in the real thing.

tuorem

I had nothing better to do than watch JESC this afternoon, so I came, I saw and I wasn't here for that.

The sadness of seeing Kazakhs top the jury vote with their Disney ballad while those points needed to go Tuleshova's way last year. :? Unfortunate.

Congrats I guess, but that's not the kind of song I want to see from them.

Mainshow

Veteran
I had nothing better to do than watch JESC this afternoon, so I came, I saw and I wasn't here for that.

The sadness of seeing Kazakhs top the jury vote with their Disney ballad while those points needed to go Tuleshova's way last year. :? Unfortunate.

Congrats I guess, but that's not the kind of song I want to see from them.

I agree.
Tuleshova deserved to win last year. I think that #3 in the online voting was a success and accurate but juries were so mean to her by placing her what.. 9th? That was so unfair...

However, we shouldn't forget that adult jury members look out for modern songs or power vocals whilst kids enjoy catchy fun songs maybe? - I guess that's why we ended up seeing Kazakhstan and Poland so high in the jury vote this time.

Mainshow

Veteran
What will stop the EBU from allowing them to compete?

I seriously believe that the EBU brought in Australia to have another "Western"-like country to gain a better balance... I also believe that the EBU (like many Eurovision fans have already shown as well) is afraid of getting another country which heavily votes for neighbouring countries (especially Russia).

However, let's have a look at Kazakhstan's jury votes in JESC:
2018:
Top scores: 12 North Macedonia, 10 Italy, 8 Malta
4 pts Russia
0 pts Azerbaijan

2019:
Top scores: 12 Poland, 10 Ireland, 8 Australia
3 pts Russia

This point is invalid. I mean, Kazakhstan has clearly shown that it can vote in a very fair way. Besides, if it decides to give 12 pts to Russia in ESC, it's their right to do so. It's not like Germany didn't give Switzerland 10 pts this year....

Sammy

Veteran
I seriously believe that the EBU brought in Australia to have another "Western"-like country to gain a better balance... I also believe that the EBU (like many Eurovision fans have already shown as well) is afraid of getting another country which heavily votes for neighbouring countries (especially Russia).

2018:
4 pts Russia
0 pts Azerbaijan

2019:
3 pts Russia

This point is invalid. I mean, Kazakhstan has clearly shown that it can vote in a very fair way. Besides, if it decides to give 12 pts to Russia in ESC, it's their right to do so. It's not like Germany didn't give Switzerland 10 pts this year....

I suspect that the votes would be different when it comes to the big Contest. Kids vote differently than adults and the big contest has more prestige - hence there will be more pressure on the juries. It's not as if the public in the JESC is comparable to the one of the actual contest.

Realest

2018:
4 pts Russia
0 pts Azerbaijan

2019:
3 pts Russia

Wait, youre honestly comparing Kazakhstans Juryvote at JESC with their Televote at ESC? Do you honestly think there is a Chance that Russia will not get only 10s and 12s every single Year regarless of the Song? Btw. Germanys Televotes to Switzerland in the last 16 Years since the Introduction of the Powervoting was:

2004: 0 (SF)
2005: 4
2006: 0
2007: 8 (SF)
2008: /
2009: 0 (SF)
2010: /
2011: 0
2012: /
2013: Probably 7-8 (SF)
2014: 4
2015: 0 (SF)
2016: 0 (SF)
2017: 0 (SF, Switzerlad would have qualified with 3 Points)
2018: /
2019. 10

So I dont get why you claim our 10 Points to Luca was Neighbourvoting.

Top Bottom