Contact us

Kazakhstan KAZAKHSTAN 2018 - Not taking part

A-lister

Veteran
https://tengrinews.kz/music/kazahstan-planiruet-prinyat-uchastie-v-Eurovision-Asia-2018-335235/

Khabar wanted to take part in ESC 2018 but they were denied by the EBU bosses.

Is anyone surprised by now?

Australia = On the other side of the globe, as far as the European Broadcasting Area as one can get almost, but according to EBU bosses "culturally, politically, linguistically and financially acceptable", coup'ed in as a permanent member after a false "one time thing only" and constantly overhyped by the juries to force the idea down everyone's throats that they are legit with manipulated good results year after year.

Kazakhstan = Partly within the European continent and direct neighbor to the European Broadcasting Area (if EBU actually updated the definition of this area to fit with today's technical possibilities it would certainly be within the area already), associate member and broadcasted the contest for like a decade or so = Not ok because wrong "culturally, politically, linguistically"...

So much for "all aboard" and diversity nonsense slogans...

Realest

This Article summarizes (unfortunately in german) very good, why we dont need :kz: too.

JamieBrown

For those who scandalously don't speak any german NONO

Article says that a broadcasting organisation, shouldn't deal with countries where the media is in any way opressed by the governmental organisations. That's at least a point.

Source is from 2012 tho

AdelAdel

EBU has no right to say anything about culture and political oppression if they're perfectly happy with having Azerbaijan and Armenia in the contest. I doubt that Kazakhstan is less "European" than Azerbaijan is.

A-lister

Veteran
For those who scandalously don't speak any german NONO

Article says that a broadcasting organisation, shouldn't deal with countries where the media is in any way opressed by the governmental organisations. That's at least a point.

Source is from 2012 tho

So that's why :by:, :ru:, :tr:, :az: (four countries with practically no free media) :se:, :de:, :pl: (three examples of pseudo democracies) and others are allowed? :lol:

Realest

The most important Part is this one (according to Google Translate):

Democratic rights are severely restricted, freedom of assembly is handled very restrictively. The suppression of civil society and political opponents as well as the disregard of the freedom of the press have increased dramatically in recent years, as has the amalgamation of justice and politics, according to the Bertelsmann report.

There is another reason why the EBU should not take Kazakhstan any better. She would go to Azerbaijan to get another questionable country on democracy and human rights issues. The EBU has enough to do with the regime in Baku. For weeks, the EBU wrestles with an attitude in dealing with authoritarian ruled member countries, as reported recently SPIEGEL ONLINE. How should one keep it with the TV stations of states that trample on freedom of expression and in which free media are not valid?

I still dont see the added Value in a Participation of :kz:

A-lister

Veteran
The most important Part is this one (according to Google Translate):

I still dont see the added Value in a Participation of :kz:

Well, if EBU are serious with their supposedly profound "love" for democracy, how come they have been begging on their knees for Turkey to comeback? How come they are licking Russia constantly? And what about Belarus and Azerbaijan, other examples of "open and free societies"... so much hypocrisy and the fact people still to this day believe what EBU say is beyond me :lol:

Realest

Well, if EBU are serious with their supposedly profound "love" for democracy, how come they have been begging on their knees for Turkey to comeback? How come they are licking Russia constantly? And what about Belarus and Azerbaijan, other examples of "open and free societies"... so much hypocrisy and the fact people still to this day believe what EBU say is beyond me :lol:

I also think EBU should get rid of :ru: :by: and :az:. But once theyre in, its hard to get them out. Probably thats why they dont even allow :kz: to enter. But EBU became a Joke, so who wonders? And :ru: is of course licked because of Money.

A-lister

Veteran
I also think EBU should get rid of :ru: :by: and :az:. But once theyre in, its hard to get them out. Probably thats why they dont even allow :kz: to enter. But EBU became a Joke, so who wonders? And :ru: is of course licked because of Money.

I think there are many other countries in Europe that have questionable democracies, those are just more "obvious" cases but for sure neither :de: and :se: are spotless democracies by any means...

The problem is that if EBU use "democracy" as an argument for blocking :kz: and in the meantime are begging on their knees to bring back :tr: it's just laughable...

EBU doesn't care about democracy or corruption, so this is more that :kz: doesn't fit their vision for ESC (= The Voice of Europe in English with additional English speaking countries to the mix).

Sabiondo

But if EBU is ''supposed'' to be open to Associate members to take part, then they should allow :kz: to take part at ESC too, but is clear that they only care in the most ''Western'' and ''Democratic'' countries outside of Europe who don't meet the Council of Europe criteria membership but are too white to be considered Europeans to let in, like Trump saying that he prefer :no: immigrants in the :us: than people from Latin America and Africa inserted . :lol:

Top Bottom