Contact us

KAZAKHSTAN 2012 - not taking part

DanielLuis

Re: KAZAKHSTAN 2012

Never saw Vladivostok no? ;)
Most important part? wow. We don't need Portugal then, it's not so important :geek:

What I meant with most important part is the RUSSIA'S most important part is located in Europe. Its the more populated and has Moscow and all.
I meant Russia's most important part not Europe's.

DanielLuis

Anyway Im not anti-Kazakh I dont have any reasons to either be pro or anti Kazakh.
I have actually heard some ethno-pop kazakh songs and I quite liked it.

AlekS

Veteran

What I meant with most important part is the RUSSIA'S most important part is located in Europe. Its the more populated and has Moscow and all.
I meant Russia's most important part not Europe's.
What I meant is that there are no most and least important parts. According to such logic Portugal is not important part in Europe. At all.
People shouldn't be divided on important and less important, no matter if it's European part or not. Yes, it's the most populated - and?

Yamarus

What I meant is that there are no most and least important parts. According to such logic Portugal is not important part in Europe. At all.
People shouldn't be divided on important and less important, no matter if it's European part or not. Yes, it's the most populated - and?

Russia's population, economy and culture are overwhelmingly located on the European side. That's what DanielLuis was saying I think, no need to insult Portugal in the process...

As for Kazakhstan joining the ESC, I'm not opposed to it at all. But I think at some point the ESC will have to renamed the Euro-Asiavision, or the Euro-Asia-Africavision if (when?) Northern African countries participate.

Last edited:

94ayd

Thanks to the NSC spin-off randomiser spin-off, I could search through various Kazakh songs and I can say they have some nice music, though their market seems to be overwelmed with bland ballads. :lol:

AlekS

Veteran

Russia's population, economy and culture are overwhelmingly located on the European side. That's what DanielLuis was saying I think, no need to insult Portugal in the process...
I used his own words and I have nothing against Portugal. If you're so sensitive that's your own problem.
No need in telling me what to do.

As for Kazakhstan joining the ESC, I'm not opposed to it at all. But I think at some point the ESC will have to renamed the Euro-Asiavision, or the Euro-Asia-Africavision if (when?) Northern African countries participate.
Morocco has already participated, Israel participates still + Almost all Northern African countries are EBU members.
I think EBU knows better whom to invite.

GeorgeChali

About that i think that you are right....
When Azerbaijan won in youtube there were lots of members who said that they ''did not want muslims in esc'' or ''that they have to call eurovision-asiavision''

Narmina

About that i think that you are right....
When Azerbaijan won in youtube there were lots of members who said that they ''did not want muslims in esc'' or ''that they have to call eurovision-asiavision''

They all f***n rasists! Whats up George?? What's the problem with Muslims??? What do have against us???

GeorgeChali

Relax....
I said ''lots of members'' -without me
I am not a rasist like those jerks...
I think that Azerbaijan is a part of eurovision because it always give me one of the best performances....
AND IF YOU EVER CALL ME RASIST I WILL BECOME TOO ANGRY :p

Narmina

Relax....
I said ''lots of members'' -without me
I am not a rasist like those jerks...
I think that Azerbaijan is a part of eurovision because it always give me one of the best performances....

Sorry for my passion, but I can't stand when someone say something about my religion(not YOU)...and I called Rasist other people at youtube. And thanks for supporting Azerbaijan. I have nothing against you personally. I just didn't uderstand you in right way

goktengri

Banned

My favorite comment was something like this:

'' The song is really great but Azerbaijan is in Asia so Sweden or Italy should've won because Azerbaijan shouldn't host a european contest ''

So Azerbaijan, Russia, Armenia, Georgia, Israel, Turkey etc. shouldn't win the contest but just participate, send songs and vote :lol:

%99 of the comments were positive before the final but now ? that shows the terrible racism in Europe.

Narmina

So Azerbaijan, Russia, Armenia, Georgia, Israel, Turkey etc. shouldn't win the contest but just participate, send songs and vote :lol:

%99 of the comments were positive before the final but now ? that shows the terrible racism in Europe.

unfortunally!

GeorgeChali

Well I love Azerbaijan,Armenia and Turkey performances but i have a big complaint....
I want a taste from a song in your language with clues from your tradition too!!!
Can you imagine the beauty of eurovision with a song from an other different and great culture like yours!!!

Narmina

Believe me, we all want something traditional on ESC. So I suppose being a host coutry can give us a chanse to perform a song in Azerbaijai language with our folk elements

goktengri

Banned

well Turkey sends both of folk and modern elements. We sometimes send fully modern western elements but sometimes anatolian elements. Maybe it's a message from us ( we have a plural culture ) :lol:

Yamarus

The people who comment on Youtube videos are very often complete idiots. I've rarely seen a Youtube comment that is not totally bland, in the best cases, or totally racist/homophobic/mysoginist/insulting, more often.

From my experience, I have discovered that most people express surprise, rather than racism, at Azerbaijan winning the ESC. Because they know very little about the Eurovision, and often still have the image of an old-fashionned contest where divas in long dresses sing ballads for a jury. There are loads of people here that have no idea how much the contest changed in the last decade, and it has objectively changed *a lot*. The difference between a contest in 1990's and in the 2000's is striking. Countries that recently entered (like most ex-Soviet Republics, or the countries of the Caucasus region) have only ever known the ESC in its current form. Maybe the incomprehension stems from two different visions of the contest.

PS: I think that explains why most winning countries in the last decade have been either Eastern ones or Scandinavian ('cause they've always been very involved in the contest and adapted rapidly to the many changes in the 1998-1999 era). The two different visions also reflect themselves in the 50/50 system, which is usually abhorred by (some) Eastern countries (which entered with full televoting, and like it that way) and supported by (some) Western ones (which've competed with full jury voting for most of their ESC history). I dunno... My opinion though is clear: the more countries join ESC, "European" or not, the better ;-).

AlekS

Veteran

@Altug... not racism in whole Europe but racism of certain miserable imbeciles.

Relax....
Listen to your own suggestions... time after time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom