Contact us

KAZAKHSTAN 2012 - not taking part

A-lister

Veteran
Re: KAZAKHSTAN 2012

So not true... Last years Kazakhstans government does anything to bring back Kazakh (islamic) culture and language, which is Turkic, not Russian. Many Russians go back to Russia because of this...

Are they really bringing Islamic culture though? I know they have a "Kazakhstanization" policy going on, but although being a Muslim country, aren't they quite strict secularist? However with all the things happening in the Muslim world lately (Northern Africa mostly), it seems everything is radicalized :(

Grinch

@A-lister You think they'll? :eek:

wlhlwn

Are they really bringing Islamic culture though? I know they have a "Kazakhstanization" policy going on, but although being a Muslim country, aren't they quite strict secularist? However with all the things happening in the Muslim world lately (Northern Africa mostly), it seems everything is radicalized :(

Ooh yes!!! Not only the culture but also the Kazakh language, which belongs to the Turkic group.

A-lister

Veteran

Ooh yes!!! Not only the culture but also the Kazakh language, which belongs to the Turkic group.

Yeah, I know it belongs to the Turkic group. However it's quite logical since language is part of culture and national identity.

wlhlwn

Yeah, I know it belongs to the Turkic group. However it's quite logical since language is part of culture and national identity.
Even Tatars in Kazakhstan, which also belongs to the Turkic group, can not identify themselves with the upcoming Kazakh "revolution" :)

A-lister

Veteran
May I just add I totally support an Kazakh ESC debut.

Imo every geographical European country should be allowed to enter and they're partly geographically European so.

I know for EBU it's just enough to have your broadcaster in the EBU area, but I think that would end up with a too big ESC for its own good, but Kazakhstan welcome!

A-lister

Veteran

Even Tatars in Kazakhstan, which also belongs to the Turkic group, can not identify themselves with the upcoming Kazakh "revolution" :)

Interesting... hmm.

Well, I guess all countries have right for self-determination, as long as they don't lift their secularism and treats other groups in society as second class citizens, I can't say I'm against this.

wlhlwn

Interesting... hmm.

Well, I guess all countries have right for self-determination, as long as they don't lift their secularism and treats other groups in society as second class citizens, I can't say I'm against this.

I agree with you. And ofcourse Kazakhstan deserves the chance to participate, just like Turkey, Georgia and Azerbaijan (and Asian countries Armenia and Israel)

A-lister

Veteran

I agree with you. And ofcourse Kazakhstan deserves the chance to participate, just like Turkey, Georgia and Azerbaijan (and Asian countries Armenia and Israel)

Yeah, the fact that Kazakhstan even has a larger European area than those could if anything be used as an argument for pro-Kazakh debut.

wlhlwn

But WHEN Kazakhstan will participate, I see more new countries in Eurovision like... Abchazia, Kalmukiya, Basque, and maybe until that time Belgium has split into Flanders and Walonia :lol:

Sabiondo

But WHEN Kazakhstan will participate, I see more new countries in Eurovision like... Abchazia, Kalmukiya, Basque, and maybe until that time Belgium has split into Flanders and Walonia :lol:

Then Russia will win every year with that HUGE Block-Diaspora-Jury voting in his favour ;)

Top Bottom