Contact us

KAZAKHSTAN 2012 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
Kazakhstan%20Flag.gif

doctormalisimo

Re: KAZAKHSTAN 2012

Would it be feasible for Kazakhstan to compete? The capital is on time zone UTC+6, so the show won't even start there until 01:00 and won't end until 04:00.

Sabiondo

In Kazakhstan they are Crazy Fans of ESC as well.. mayber this year the Kazakh TV will join to EBU atfer Eurovision 2011 ... will be intersant to saw hers the next year.

Sabiondo

Would it be feasible for Kazakhstan to compete? The capital is on time zone UTC+6, so the show won't even start there until 01:00 and won't end until 04:00.

They are intro the European Zone of Broadcasting, and also Armenia are competing and here the ESC won't start there until 01:00.

Charly

I believe if the Kazakh TV applies to the EBU it may be rejected.

Sabiondo

I don't thing so, will be verry hypocrital if EBU does that.. if they acept Armenia, Gerorgia and Azerbayian where the contest start very late almost the same time zone of Kazakhstan, why not accept their aplication..??? they have their right and are able to do so..¡¡¡

doctormalisimo

5% of Kazakhstan's territory is European so I don't see why not. If they let Morocco, Israel and Armenia compete then why not Kazakhstan?

Charly

I don't thing so, will be verry hypocrital if EBU does that.. if they acept Armenia, Gerorgia and Azerbayian where the contest start very late almost the same time zone of Kazakhstan, why not accept their aplication..??? they have their right and are able to do so..¡¡¡

I'm hoping they would accept this time last time they didnt :l With Svante saying they have the Our-Sound AsiaVision instead or something like that.

Sabiondo

I'm hoping they would accept this time last time they didnt :l With Svante saying they have the Our-Sound AsiaVision instead or something like that.

in Kazakhstan, nobody cares to join in the AsiaVision because their goal for them is Eurovision, and i hope that they will be acepted, but surely will be reject their apply cause their votes will be in benefit of Ex-URRS countries (Mostly to :ru: & :ua:) and diaspora voting to Russia will be stronger than ever.

goktengri

Banned

It would be very ironical since they accepted Morocco.

It's up to Kazakhstan's choice, if they want to join, there will not be any obstacles.

I also wonder who would Turkey's 12 points go to, if they join ?

Last edited:

Scooby

In Kazakhstan nobody care to join Eurovision, so opening the topic for this country is in the least frivolous.
Many times their national TV officials says that!

Sabiondo

In Kazakhstan nobody care to join Eurovision, so opening the topic for this country is in the least frivolous.
Many times their national TV officials says that!

hahaha is what your mind thinks :lol::lol: if only you knows ;)

Scooby

^ and your minds only god knows!
I live in Europe, study european geography and watching eurovision in last 15 years, and i really know some stuffs about it!!!

Sabiondo

^ and your minds only god knows!
I live in Europe, study european geography and watching eurovision in last 15 years, and i really know some stuffs about it!!!

hahaha if you you knew my mind, i didn't not even write that what i said, apparently you should open an account in VK (The Russian FB) and you will know who i mean )))

Sean

Admin
Staff member

I'd like to see Kazakhstan in ESC as they have territory in Europe (and therefore have every right to participate in European events) but I fear for them as I would imagine there would be a lot of Borat jokes made against them :lol:

doctormalisimo

Another issue; Kazakhstan is a HUGE country (16th biggest in the world or something) and it's rather poor and rural. Would it even be feasible to have a televote from Kazakhstan?

Sabiondo

Another issue; Kazakhstan is a HUGE country (16th biggest in the world or something) and it's rather poor and rural. Would it even be feasible to have a televote from Kazakhstan?

Since its one of the riches EX. URRS countries with many mineral and oil deposits , i guess that why they don't had to pay the 9.5 million Swiss francs each year to compete :rolleyes: and isn't poor who many think... or do you don't see Astana now...???

baiterek-tower-astana.jpg

And about the televote, i dunno Aleks must know welll :rolleyes:

Top Bottom