Contact us

Kate Ryan of 2011

FallenAngelII

Armenia and Norway were seeded to be in the Top of this years Eurovision by experts all over Europe.
Name 5 such experts who weren't:
* Self-proclaimed experts on ESCForum or other ESC-based forums
* Nordic experts

I especially want to see sources where experts claim Armenia would make (excuse me, "needed to be in") the Top (10? 5?) in the final.

Stella had a disastrous live performance, and I'm not talking about the loss of audio during parts of the song. Her backup singers were pretty bad vocally and her vocals were just atrocious. She was, by far, the worst singer this year. At least the Portuguese were at largely on-key. And it's not like the dancing was anything to cheer for. And the lyrics weren't that great. It's a great dance floor tune, but that does't mean it "needs to" be in the final.

You know what else were hits? Rebecca Black's "Friday" (enjoyed ironically) and Justin Bieber's "Baby". Were either of those entries to compete in Eurovision with as horrible of a vocal performance as Stella's and her backing singers and as bland of a stage show as they had, would you have been as outraged by them not qualifying? Also, it should be noted that Stella performed much more poorly vocally in her semi-final than in the Norwegian national final, so all expert assessments were based on flawed evidence.

StellaStai

* Nordic experts

I especially want to see sources where experts claim Armenia would make (excuse me, "needed to be in") the Top (10? 5?) in the final.

Stella had a disastrous live performance, and I'm not talking about the loss of audio during parts of the song. Her backup singers were pretty bad vocally and her vocals were just atrocious. She was, by far, the worst singer this year. At least the Portuguese were at largely on-key. And it's not like the dancing was anything to cheer for. And the lyrics weren't that great. It's a great dance floor tune, but that does't mean it "needs to" be in the final.

You know what else were hits? Rebecca Black's "Friday" (enjoyed ironically) and Justin Bieber's "Baby". Were either of those entries to compete in Eurovision with as horrible of a vocal performance as Stella's and her backing singers and as bland of a stage show as they had, would you have been as outraged by them not qualifying? Also, it should be noted that Stella performed much more poorly vocally in her semi-final than in the Norwegian national final, so all expert assessments were based on flawed evidence.

Sitat:

10th May 2011 22:40
DominikS
Here in the UK, watching on BBC3, the sound was horrible on all but the last five songs. The first five especially were awful with the sound- the one microphone overpowering the rest, with every shake of the voice heard, not even Aurela Gace sounded ok. I could barely make out the music with Jestem and Haba Haba.

The songs with bad sound that qualified were the ones with the best performance from the lead singer, and the best visual aids. This helped Switzerland, Serbia and Finland. Iceland was far from perfect vocally but sounded bearable, and they had enough charm and a good draw after Croatia to help them qualify. Russia put on a good show and Alexej sounded ok, even if not heard at times (when a backing singer was supposed to take over). Eldrine actually sounded good, the lights and stuff gave a good atmosphere and the vocals were probably the best until then.

With hindsight, and discovering that Turkey and Armenia won't ALWAYS qualify, I understand the result. It's probably what I would've predicted as the result after seeing it all on screen.

Saying that, the result was also completely unfair due to all the technical problems- Germany really have to up their game for Thursday and especially Saturday!

From this forum.

FallenAngelII

Sitat:

10th May 2011 22:40
DominikS
From this forum.
Brilliant credentials.
Lots of crap.
What exactly did this have to do with anything I asked you to source?!

You claim that experts all over Europe have stated that Norway and Armenia "needed to be in the Top (something in the final", implied that their entries had been praised across all of Europe.

I asked you for sources of experts who weren't self-proclaimed experts on this forum (but let me amend myself, they canot be self-proclaimed experts on their own blogs, either) or Nordic experts who'd stated this.

You in turn gave me a rambling post that had nothing to do with what I'd asked for taken from this forum.

StellaStai

* Nordic experts

If i such those experts you are asking for they would told us too that Sweden wold never been nb. 3 if it wasen't for all the younger teenages! It's a horrible song !!! :lol:

Last edited:

FallenAngelII

If i such those experts you are asking for they would told us too that Sweden wold never been nb. 3 if it wasen't for all the younger teenages! It's a horrible song !!! :lol:
Have you seen any of my posts regarding the subject of the Swedish song? I wholeheartedly agree. And those experts are most probably right. I was actively cheering for Sweden to not make the Top 10 and then when that was an impossibility the Top 5.

No stop stalling. Give me real 5 non-Nordic experts who predicted Norway would be in the top in the final. Name 5 experts period (including Nordic ones) who thought Armenia would up there are well. You claim many experts claimed both things. Since I'm not giving you any limitations on what experts' names (except the fact that they have to be actual experts) you can evoke to prove hat experts predicted Armenia would do well, that part should be easy, at least.

In other words, either put out or get out. Either prove your case of stop complaining about how Stella was robbed.

StellaStai

Have you seen any of my posts regarding the subject of the Swedish song? I wholeheartedly agree. And those experts are most probably right. I was actively cheering for Sweden to not make the Top 10 and then when that was an impossibility the Top 5.

No stop stalling. Give me real 5 non-Nordic experts who predicted Norway would be in the top in the final. Name 5 experts period (including Nordic ones) who thought Armenia would up there are well. You claim many experts claimed both things. Since I'm not giving you any limitations on what experts' names (except the fact that they have to be actual experts) you can evoke to prove hat experts predicted Armenia would do well, that part should be easy, at least.

In other words, either put out or get out. Either prove your case of stop complaining about how Stella was robbed.

Why should i give you 5 non-Nordic experts who predicted Norway? I'm just telling what foreigners are telling us daily. - From south to north. - - Have a nice day!!!

FallenAngelII

Why should i give you 5 non-Nordic experts who predicted Norway? I'm just telling what foreigners are telling us daily. - From south to north. - - Have a nice day!!!
Because you said that experts had predicted Norway would make the Top (5? 10?) in the final. So either you were lying or dig up these so-called experts. Who cares about "foreigners from south to north"? I want the experts you referred to.

The only countries which gave Norway more than 4 points were Finland and Iceland. Televoters and juries alike across Europe gave Norway low to nul points. There's a reason for that. It was a horrible live performance. If you can't recognize that, then we have nothing further to discuss. Except I still want sources for these alleged experts predicting Norway would do well.

Margerita86

I seems to remember that not too long a britsh betting company had Norway very high, I could probably see if I can find it again.

FallenAngelII

I seems to remember that not too long a britsh betting company had Norway very high, I could probably see if I can find it again.
That would make 1 "expert". Find it and then find me 4 more.

Woohoo

Stella from Norway deserves the title! She missed the final like Ryan, and she was a huge favorite.

Getter Jaani and Kati Wolf are 2011's Charlotte Perelli...

FallenAngelII

Bets and various polls. Norway was a big favorite to win the contest around February/March but then it started falling...
1) Name all of these betting pools.
2) Who cares about fan polls?
3) Yes, it slipped. Then it wasn't a favourite anymore.
4) All bets and opinions prior to the first semi-final were based on the CD-version and her performance in the Norwegian national final. However, her vocals were much, much worse in Düsseldorf, so the pre-ESC predictions were based on faulty information.

Woohoo

1) Name all of these betting pools.
2) Who cares about fan polls?
3) Yes, it slipped. Then it wasn't a favourite anymore.
4) All bets and opinions prior to the first semi-final were based on the CD-version and her performance in the Norwegian national final. However, her vocals were much, much worse in Düsseldorf, so the pre-ESC predictions were based on faulty information.

1. All betting sites. ;-)
2. No one but it's still an indication..
3. It was a favorite because it remained in top 10.
4. Her vocals were bad in both perfomances. and lol @ since when decent singing counts in Eurovision? Eric Saade sang out of tune as well as the Azeri girl, Jedward...

FallenAngelII

1. All betting sites. ;-)
Untrue.

2. No one but it's still an indication..
No it's not. Fan polls are voted forth by die-hard fans, who often have niche interests and who represent but a small fraction of the televoters.

3. It was a favorite because it remained in top 10.
That's... not being a favourite to win (which is the definition of a Kate Ryan).
'
4. Her vocals were bad in both perfomances. and lol @ since when decent singing counts in Eurovision? Eric Saade sang out of tune as well as the Azeri girl, Jedward...
Her performance was much worse at Eurovision than in Melodi Grand Prix. Singng does count, especially when the verse is quite weak. Many viewers lost interest pretty fast. And no one was as bad as Stella. Jedward and Saade had interesting stage shows to support them, Stella did no. Nikki har Eldar and the backing singers to back her up.

Lugano

Silly or fool.. How can you alone reply for each country. Maybe you were in all of them at same time.

Yes you are a fool. There have been no reports of problems with the broadcasting.

And you are talking. - 19.The Netherlands :lol:

What does this have to do with anything? Netherlands got what they deserved. Last place for a bland song and an awful performance. They were however not one of the favorites so they are no Kate Ryan.

kotten

Bets and various polls. Norway was a big favorite to win the contest around February/March but then it started falling...

Yep it was a big favorite a couple of months ago, however like you said it started to drop quite quickly.

She's no Kate Ryan, before semi1 she was no longer a favorite apart from fan polls I guess.

FallenAngelII

What does this have to do with anything? Netherlands got what they deserved. Last place for a bland song and an awful performance. They were however not one of the favorites so they are no Kate Ryan.
It appears many users on this forum think that everyone aways supports their own country's entry and will be crushed when it does badly, as opposed to favouring, you know, the best entries no matter which countries they come from.

Yep it was a big favorite a couple of months ago, however like you said it started to drop quite quickly.

She's no Kate Ryan, before semi1 she was no longer a favorite apart from fan polls I guess.
Willfully blind fans who can't recognize that there's more to winning the ESC than your own personal tastes.

Top Bottom