Contact us

Kate Ryan of 2011

alca

OK I had this conversation yesterday and I'd like to see what you guys think.

Who will be 2011's Kate Ryan?

Some people say Hungary's Kati Wolf and some others say Croatia's Daria Kizer.

Only the thought of Kati Wolf being disqualified terrifies me. And I'm afraid she will be the one if she can't pull it off live.

So what do you think?

A-lister

Veteran
^
I don't think Croatia is one of the big favorites though.

I hope it will be Estonia lol.. the most overrated entry this year imo.

MyHeartIsYours

I think it will be Hungary... possibly also Slovakia (:(), Slovenia and to a certain extent I think France. I have a feeling that Germany is going to do much better than France - probably wrong though! :lol:

alca

^ Yeah but France and Germany are already in the final :p I was talking about a favourite to win but failing to even make it to the final :) But I hope France does really bad! I don't get all the hype about their song!

A-lister

Veteran
^

Agree about France. Everyone is screaming "quality" but to me it would put Eurovision back in the middle-ages if it won. I know juries will support it for sure because of the supposed "quality" or whatever.

To me the entry is okey, but I wouldn't even put it top.10.

And before people scream "quality", we all know it's all subjective. I'd rather have a "non-quality" modern entry winning then. But there aren't many this year.

Anyways I agree it's overrated but I actually think it will fair well.

Cooler

Banned
Poland!

^

Agree about France. Everyone is screaming "quality" but to me it would put Eurovision back in the middle-ages if it won. I know juries will support it for sure because of the supposed "quality" or whatever.

To me the entry is okey, but I wouldn't even put it top.10.

And before people scream "quality", we all know it's all subjective. I'd rather have a "non-quality" modern entry winning then. But there aren't many this year.

Anyways I agree it's overrated but I actually think it will fair well.

But songs like France this year are giving originality to ESC. I also don't like opera a lot (I love dance, pop, electro pop songs), but this is very original, not like Sweden, or UK, their entries are very cool, and both in my TOP10, but it's just not unique. ;)
I hope France won't be Kate Ryan of 2011. ^^

A-lister

Veteran
^
Original decades ago maybe.

The problem with ESC is (as always) that the winner and top.5/10 inspires what will come next year.

I remember back in the 90's when juries voted for very stiff conservative entries where the public wondered wtf they were doing. 1996 was a good example where Gina G became almost a world-wide summer smash, yet ending up only in #8 while Ireland won with whatever (no offense Ireland) because the juries saw it as "quality".

I think there's a balance though. Who decide what is quality? What is contemporary with chance of becoming a hit? What is representing Europe? etc.

I think Eurovision need winners with hit-potential to stay current and not become some laugh. But that's just me.

Out of all the big.5 I think France has the worst entry even.

Scooby

Eric Saade or Maja Keuc :(

nikolay_BG

Banned
Romania. The song is pure boring, but people seem to like it. I hope Romania will be this years Kate Ryan :)

The same goes to Greece and Turkey too. They are one of my favourite ESC countries, but this year their entries are pure $hit :(

Also I think Bulgaria will flop gracelly (again) :lol:

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
It really depends but if :hu: :sl: can't convince vocally (and I am questioning both) it could easily happen to them.

seb89

OMG not France! Opera is not my style, but that song really stands out! It's something refreshing and original.

My guess is Poland, Greece and Cyprus

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Not that they have to qualify but France's overwhelming fanwank support just baffles me and I can only imagine your average casual viewer won't vote in their droves for it

r3gg13

For me, it could be either Hungary, Estonia, or Bulgaria. All of those songs are highly regarded, but I don't think all of them will do equally well (I hope that they do well though)

This is one of Kati Wolf's performances, but apparently she's sick during it. Whether or she is or is not, this isn't her most stellar performance

lucian-crusher

Romania. The song is pure boring, but people seem to like it. I hope Romania will be this years Kate Ryan :)

The same goes to Greece and Turkey too. They are one of my favourite ESC countries, but this year their entries are pure $hit :(

Also I think Bulgaria will flop gracelly (again) :lol:

What? Where is :ro: favourite? Acording to the odds we won't even qualify, so we can't be Kate Ryan!

With this kind of logic I want to say that I hope :pt: will be this year's Kate Ryan :lol:

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
Hungary, Estonia or Russia.

Top Bottom