Contact us

Kanto

WorldVision

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
8xzv.png

:kant:

The Kantō region (関東地方 Kantō-chihō) is a geographical area of Honshu, the largest island of Japan. The region includes the Greater Tokyo Area and encompasses seven prefectures: Gunma, Tochigi, Ibaraki, Saitama, Tokyo, Chiba, and Kanagawa. Within its boundaries, slightly more than 45 percent of the land area is the Kantō Plain. The rest consists of the hills and mountains that form the land borders. In official census count on October 1, 2010 by the Japan Statistics Bureau, the population was 42,607,376 amounting to approximately one third of the total population of Japan.

In the Pokémon franchise, a region named after Kantō is the first geographical setting of both the anime and the game series (it was featured in Pokémon Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, FireRed and LeafGreen, Gold, Silver, and Crystal, and HeartGold and SoulSilver).

250px-Japan_Kanto_Region_large.png

nekoisneko

Initially, I planned to send a female singer for WV 120. However, I could not find any information of her birthplace. Therefore, I change my plan and I will send a band with male singer instead.
The song is considered as nu jazz or funk jazz, but not that funk.

nekoisneko

WV 120
King Gnu - Hakujitsu

King Gnu (pronounciatio: Kingnu) is a band from Tokyo which focusing on mixture rock, contemporary, and nu-jazz as its genre (or even they consider their genre as Tokyo Mixture Style). The name of the band is the animal "Gnu = Gnu" from which it is derived has the habit of gradually joining together from spring and becoming a large group, and it is also named because it wants to involve old and young men and women and become a large group. Established in 2013 (under name Srv.Vinci), the band had been creating music under indie label and has been under major label since 2019.
In terms of music, while emphasizing elements of a wide range of genres such as jazz, hip hop, and classical as well as alternative rock, the band put more familiar melodies and lyrics in Japanese that are popular. Doing POP "is one of the big concepts of King Gnu.

I did not plan to send this song, but apparently that this song is growing in me and besides that, my initial entry singer does not have a clear information where she was born (though now she is under major label based in Tokyo).
So I hope you enjoy a nu-jazz from King Gnu!

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
You probably need to stop sending things I love. Two 12s in a row from me and you super flop each time. Too much of a sign there. Thank you though Neko for this King Gnu song xheart It had me mega shook. So groovy xheya I need to check out more of their music. I was shocked when I scrolled down on the video and saw the amount of views the song had. I need to move to Japan

nekoisneko

You probably need to stop sending things I love. Two 12s in a row from me and you super flop each time. Too much of a sign there. Thank you though Neko for this King Gnu song xheart It had me mega shook. So groovy xheya I need to check out more of their music. I was shocked when I scrolled down on the video and saw the amount of views the song had. I need to move to Japan

That is a sign indeed, that we are having fabulous taste xqueenbitch I hope that you will enjoy my next entry as well :)

Same with me, I was shocked as well when noticing the amount of views the song had xheat (and in addition to that the song is nu jazz xheat)

Edit: and I still have 2 more nu-jazz songs on my list xheat

Last edited:

nekoisneko

So, initially, I planned to send a big (in term of total member and name) girl band for WV121.
But apparently, I found from YT another girlband that has less member (less than 4) but iconic song in style of old japanese pop music (maybe this could be the next song that @RainyWoods will love) xheat.

nekoisneko

WV 121
Yazima Beauty Salon - Nihon no Mikata-Nevada Kara Kimashita

Yazima Beauty Salon is a vocal group consisting consisting of DJ OZMA and the owarai group Tunnels in character and in drag depicting a group of women they found scouting for talent in Las Vegas, Nevada. The member of this group are Margaret, Naomi, and Strawberry. This song was the group debut in 2008 and peaked #3 at Oricon Chart. I found this song accidentally in Youtube, while searching a song from Morning Musume and Berryz Kobou.

xcheer

Top Bottom