Contact us

Kanto

WorldVision

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
8xzv.png

:kant:

The Kantō region (関東地方 Kantō-chihō) is a geographical area of Honshu, the largest island of Japan. The region includes the Greater Tokyo Area and encompasses seven prefectures: Gunma, Tochigi, Ibaraki, Saitama, Tokyo, Chiba, and Kanagawa. Within its boundaries, slightly more than 45 percent of the land area is the Kantō Plain. The rest consists of the hills and mountains that form the land borders. In official census count on October 1, 2010 by the Japan Statistics Bureau, the population was 42,607,376 amounting to approximately one third of the total population of Japan.

In the Pokémon franchise, a region named after Kantō is the first geographical setting of both the anime and the game series (it was featured in Pokémon Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, FireRed and LeafGreen, Gold, Silver, and Crystal, and HeartGold and SoulSilver).

250px-Japan_Kanto_Region_large.png

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Re: Kanto

WV 93: ICHIKO AOBA

0113.jpg

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

(I'll be sending Ichiko a little later in my :kant: stay - looking elsewhere for this edition :) )

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

WV 93: Hibari Misora - Kawa No Nagare No Youni

Japanese Lyrics:

English Lyrics:

I had other plans initially but wanted to go old and glam because is Kai's edition. I'm returning to my WV roots a little bit with a touching, potato-quality live performance of the song; it's one of the last performances she ever gave. Hoping you enjoy my debut from :kant:! xheart

A beautiful cover of the song:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: Kanto - WV 93 - Kawa No Nagare No Youni - Hibari Misora

Aw old and glam Calvin is my favourite Calvin to be honest. This is one of the best you've sent in recent times. That melody is just so lush and swoonable. I love how at the end of the first chorus it goes into a little instrumental version of it. Double the swoon. It's such a resplendent song and the melody has been in my head all week. I love itxheart It's so touching and full of a special something. So very beautiful. The song is everything. The Japanese and their emotions.. wow weee! This country has such a way with balladry.

And the Maritess Trosper cover is stunning as well.

ShoeFlo

Japanese Lyrics:

Thanks a lot.
Now I can finally sing it along.

Great song anyway xbow

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Thank you all for the love xheart

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

ENTRY #40 NF - COMING SOON

EdAVWLt.png

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Ahoy hoy, everyone! So the Semi 2 results kind of snuck up on me; it's been a SUPER busy week. For now, I'll give you the three songs for my 40th entry NF and a voting system; I'll embellish it later once all my papers are in :D

Song 1: Tatsh - Xepher https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS7StcykQF4
Song 2: Bleachers & Yoko Ono - I'm Ready to Move On / Wild Heart Reprise (password: eggyolk) https://vimeo.com/270435157
Song 3: Yuki Kajiura - Credens Justitiam https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqQ3hP_q7Ns

Voting System: Distribute 7 points between the songs however you see fit. You must use all seven and can only use whole numbers, but those are the only restrictions. Deadline 30 May 18 CET. Happy listening! :D

Who's Voted?
:en: :gr: :paci: :sobr: ::ista ::sg :jp: (Bhutan?)

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Re: Kanto - WV 94 NF on Page 25!

What time is it? Reminder time xheat
[MENTION=13974]DenizESC[/MENTION] [MENTION=12510]esc87fan[/MENTION] [MENTION=15323]Eulaliya[/MENTION] [MENTION=4724]EurovisionSmile[/MENTION] [MENTION=13948]fer20[/MENTION] [MENTION=12992]Fierro[/MENTION] [MENTION=12553]Krishoes[/MENTION] [MENTION=14505]Lupus[/MENTION] [MENTION=12033]Nicholas123[/MENTION] [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION] [MENTION=8534]theCONWEL[/MENTION] [MENTION=6519]Tinchey[/MENTION] if you're participating starting next edition [MENTION=11243]ZoboCamel[/MENTION]

"If I didn't get a reminder should I still vote?"
Yes, please!! Reminders were given out based on who I thought would be most effectively prodded, not whose votes I would value more!

"If I didn't like anything, should I still vote?"
Sure! I'm not really in a caring-about-results mood, so go right ahead!

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

An utterly amazing NF xheat xheat xheat Two songs which are captivating and the third ain't bad either. Best of luck sweetie!! :D

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Thank you to :en:, :gr:, and :paci: for your votes xheart Here's where the three of them put things:

As you can see, it's very much anybody's game, so please do keep those votes coming!

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Setting the deadline at 18 CET Wednesday; please do keep those votes coming! :D

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Re: Kanto - WV 94 NF on Page 25! - DDL 30 May 18 CET (Wednesday)

:jp: has voted in this great NF xheya

Thank you for voting :D would you be willing to send them over again? I'm not seeing them in my inbox/Valentinabook. Sorry about that!

ZoboCamel

Thank you for voting :D would you be willing to send them over again? I'm not seeing them in my inbox/Valentinabook. Sorry about that!

Oh! Yes, you're quite right, as they're not showing up in my list of sent items... I guess either I hit the wrong button before closing the tab or my internet died for a second or something. Just (re)sent them properly then.

You gave me a minor panic attack there for a second, since (as you'll see) it's a bit of a novel of a PM and I thought I might have lost it... but I bow down to my one true god, "Restore Auto-Saved Content" xshifty

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Annnnnd we are closed! Thank you to Robert, Nicholas, Kai, Fer, Deniz, Eulaliya, James, and, though I can't count your votes, Himan for voting xlove We ended on a tie, so I just chose based on what I'm feeling as an entry at the moment. Thank you again for voting, and good luck to everyone next edition xcheer

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

I just realized that I closed my NF 6 hours early. I'm so sorry; my mind's a bit of a cluster at the moment. I fear that the damage is done a bit since I can't reopen it now really :/ Thank you to everyone for your patience and sorry about that.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Re: Kanto - Tatsh - Xepher - 40 Entries Celebration Friday!

Ahoy hoy, y'all! I'll do a post for our entry this edition soon, but for now, just a note that I'm going to be playing my 21st-40th WorldVision entries on Plug this Friday at a TBD time; I'd love to see y'all come along! xlove

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Re: Kanto - Tatsh - Xepher - 40 Entries Celebration Friday 19:30 CET!

WV 94 - Tatsh - Xepher

Top Bottom