Contact us

Kanto

WorldVision

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
8xzv.png

:kant:

The Kantō region (関東地方 Kantō-chihō) is a geographical area of Honshu, the largest island of Japan. The region includes the Greater Tokyo Area and encompasses seven prefectures: Gunma, Tochigi, Ibaraki, Saitama, Tokyo, Chiba, and Kanagawa. Within its boundaries, slightly more than 45 percent of the land area is the Kantō Plain. The rest consists of the hills and mountains that form the land borders. In official census count on October 1, 2010 by the Japan Statistics Bureau, the population was 42,607,376 amounting to approximately one third of the total population of Japan.

In the Pokémon franchise, a region named after Kantō is the first geographical setting of both the anime and the game series (it was featured in Pokémon Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, FireRed and LeafGreen, Gold, Silver, and Crystal, and HeartGold and SoulSilver).

250px-Japan_Kanto_Region_large.png

ZoboCamel

Re: Kantō 関東 | WV 65 Final | Kalafina - Magia | WV66 NF is Up! DDL: 9 July 23:59 CET

Votes sent from :jp:! Along with paragraphs and paragraphs of rambling opinions that took me about an hour to write. :lol: Plenty of great stuff here (with two particularly fantastic entries) and I've got strong opinions, so I got a little carried away. Hopefully you can keep the NF going - there's so much stuff here worth sending, and you could always just add the new song you were considering into the NF if you wanted. Best of luck!

nekoisneko

Re: Kantō 関東 | WV 65 Final | Kalafina - Magia | WV66 NF is Up! DDL: 9 July 23:59 CET

Votes sent from :jp:! Along with paragraphs and paragraphs of rambling opinions that took me about an hour to write. :lol: Plenty of great stuff here (with two particularly fantastic entries) and I've got strong opinions, so I got a little carried away. Hopefully you can keep the NF going - there's so much stuff here worth sending, and you could always just add the new song you were considering into the NF if you wanted. Best of luck!

Literally, your PM is really really long :">>>>

but thanks for the words,

as the new song, we'll see about that :D

AdelAdel

Voted xcheer

nekoisneko

Current Standing

1st Place - 40
2nd Place - 39
3rd Place - 31
4th Place - 29
5th Place - 26
6th Place - 22

so yeah, so close result atm xheat xheat xheat

nekoisneko

Current Standing

1st Place - 55 Points
2nd Place - 54 Points
3rd Place - 43 Points
4th Place - 41 Points
5th Place - 40 Points
6th Place - 37 Points

so close xheat xheat xheat

I will put description regarding the anime soon :D

nekoisneko

WV 66 NF
ANIME DESCRIPTION #1

ALDNOAH ZERO

so here it is, the first #nekodescriptionandreview for WV 66 NF Anime xcat First anime is Aldnoah Zero, a mecha-themed Anime. This anime brought up war themed between human in earth and human from Mars. The plot is something like this (source: wikipedia):

In 1969, an ancient alien hypergate was discovered on the surface of the moon. Using this technology, humanity began migrating to Mars and settling there. After settlers discovered additional advanced technology, the Vers Empire was founded, which claimed Mars and its secrets for themselves. Later, the Vers Empire declared war on Earth, and in 1999, a battle on the Moon's surface caused the hypergate to explode, shattering the Moon and scattering remnants into a debris belt around the planet. Cut off from Mars, the remnants of the Vers Imperial Army established several massive orbital space stations within the debris belt and a ceasefire was established. 15 years later, in 2014, an attack on the Vers princess during a peace mission causes the Empire and its 37 clans of Orbital Knights to launch a new attack on Earth, this time determined to conquer it once and for all.

This anime is simply showing war between human on earth and human that settled on Mars, using robot (or mecha) during the war. and as you may know from the plot, people on Mars have better technology on mecha compared to people on earth. But this is anime, so yeah, Earth side still on par with Mars, and the war begin.

Review:
I never watched this anime, but I am mecha-freak anime lover, so this anime will go easily win my heart. However, based on the clip in YT, the battle scenes are not that good and but somehow interesting (like it doesn't look like a deadly match, but actually it is a deadly match). The mecha/robot design for Mars side looks like more Evangelion's angels instead of mecha, while mecha/robot design for Earth side looks like more heavy weight mecha yet able to move freely. Also I'm not too fond with the character design in this anime. If you're just about to jump on anime thing, I'm not recommending this anime to be watched for your first time.

About The Song:
Sawano Hiroyuki - aLIEz is the ending song for the first season of this anime. I found this randomly on YT, and instantly falling in love with the song xlove. I love how the song brings up pop-rock side, and the song is trilingual (Japanese - English - German) xheat

nekoisneko

Re: Kantō 関東 | WV66 NF is CLOSED | WE HAVE A WINNER! | ANIME REVIEW IS ON THE WAY

NF IS CLOSED AND WE HAVE A WINNER! WITH CLOSE MARGIN xheat

ZoboCamel

Re: Kantō 関東 | WV66 NF is CLOSED | WE HAVE A WINNER! | ANIME REVIEW IS ON THE WAY

Probably a bit late, but I only just thought of mentioning it: to anybody who particularly liked Kalafina's Magia in WV65, I'd highly recommend watching the anime Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, where it's used as the ending theme for most episodes! I've seen over 500 anime and it's still my #1 favourite series. Amazing story, directing, animation etc. Don't be put off by the cover image - it's somewhat darker than the image would imply, being written by Gen Urobuchi (who's very well-known for writing stories full of despair and philosophical musing). Even if that doesn't seem so interesting in and of itself, consider that the entire soundtrack is composed by Yuki Kajiura, who composes all of Kalafina's music (including Magia). I'm blabbering a bit, I know, but... I highly recommend it!

nekoisneko

Probably a bit late, but I only just thought of mentioning it: to anybody who particularly liked Kalafina's Magia in WV65, I'd highly recommend watching the anime Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, where it's used as the ending theme for most episodes! I've seen over 500 anime and it's still my #1 favourite series. Amazing story, directing, animation etc. Don't be put off by the cover image - it's somewhat darker than the image would imply, being written by Gen Urobuchi (who's very well-known for writing stories full of despair and philosophical musing). Even if that doesn't seem so interesting in and of itself, consider that the entire soundtrack is composed by Yuki Kajiura, who composes all of Kalafina's music (including Magia). I'm blabbering a bit, I know, but... I highly recommend it!

Oh Gen Urobuchi is writing Mahou Shoujo Madoka? he's writing Aldnoah Zero too :O

is Mahou Shoujo Madoka that dark? hmmmm, I've never seen Mahou Shoujo themed anime with dark story xthink

EDIT:
[MENTION=11243]ZoboCamel[/MENTION] I've read the description, and YT recap of Madoka, and it seems that it's a typical anime that ordinary Magic Girl anime on the early episodes but getting darker and darker towards the end (and getting mind fucked in the movies) xthink

ZoboCamel

Oh Gen Urobuchi is writing Mahou Shoujo Madoka? he's writing Aldnoah Zero too :O

is Mahou Shoujo Madoka that dark? hmmmm, I've never seen Mahou Shoujo themed anime with dark story xthink

Yup! Same guy. Technically he didn't write the entirety of Aldonah - he came up with the basic ideas, wrote a few episodes, then left it to another team. The widely-accepted opinion is that he makes amazing stuff when he does it all himself (Madoka, Fate/Zero, Psycho-Pass S1), but when he just gives out ideas and leaves it to other people it ends up as a trainwreck (Aldnoah, Gargantia, Psycho-Pass S2). And yeah, Madoka is quite dark. I don't want to spoil too much, but I can at least say it's definitely not your average mahou shoujo anime. It's a deconstruction of the genre, so it takes the entire thing from a much darker angle than usual - i.e. the enemies are actually dangerous, and suddenly having to fight for their lives has some psychological effects on the characters. Managed to find a pretty decent fanmade trailer (the official one is rather misleading) in case anyone's interested:

Oh, and one of the Kajiura-composed soundtracks:

(Hot edit to respond to your own edit): While it does perhaps get a little darker as it goes on, I wouldn't say it starts out as a normal light-hearted mahou shoujo series; the first scene of the first episode is already pretty dark, and there's some really heavy-hitting stuff within the first few episodes.

nekoisneko

Yup! Same guy. Technically he didn't write the entirety of Aldonah - he came up with the basic ideas, wrote a few episodes, then left it to another team. The widely-accepted opinion is that he makes amazing stuff when he does it all himself (Madoka, Fate/Zero, Psycho-Pass S1), but when he just gives out ideas and leaves it to other people it ends up as a trainwreck (Aldnoah, Gargantia, Psycho-Pass S2). And yeah, Madoka is quite dark. I don't want to spoil too much, but I can at least say it's definitely not your average mahou shoujo anime. It's a deconstruction of the genre, so it takes the entire thing from a much darker angle than usual - i.e. the enemies are actually dangerous, and suddenly having to fight for their lives has some psychological effects on the characters. Managed to find a pretty decent fanmade trailer (the official one is rather misleading) in case anyone's interested:

Oh, and one of the Kajiura-composed soundtracks:

(Hot edit to respond to your own edit): While it does perhaps get a little darker as it goes on, I wouldn't say it starts out as a normal light-hearted mahou shoujo series; the first scene of the first episode is already pretty dark, and there's some really heavy-hitting stuff within the first few episodes.

Ohhh Fate/Zero is also written by him?! cool! :D

oh this trailer is darker than the one available in your previous link xthink

and THAT SONG IS AMAZING! xlove :kant: should send this song in the future! xheat

but I just can't take dark atmosphere anime xcry I've had enough with Mirai Nikki and Another xcry

ZoboCamel

Ohhh Fate/Zero is also written by him?! cool! :D

oh this trailer is darker than the one available in your previous link xthink

and THAT SONG IS AMAZING! xlove :kant: should send this song in the future! xheat

but I just can't take dark atmosphere anime xcry I've had enough with Mirai Nikki and Another xcry

Yup - I'm actually considering sending that OST in the future as :jp:. I do adore Kajiura's compositions. Well... I'm not sure it'd be that one specifically (as far as the Madoka soundtrack goes, I... might slightly prefer Decretum? Not quite sure), but it's high up on my OST consideration list, alongside a few others I adore (largely from Clannad and Rewrite, since KEY's composers do such a fantastic job with emotional pieces). I almost went to include Katawa Shoujo on that list before I remembered that it's not actually a Japanese work, and the composer (NicolAmarfi) is Canadian... maybe I can send something from that OST if I ever switch over to Canada? :lol:

nekoisneko

Yup - I'm actually considering sending that OST in the future as :jp:. I do adore Kajiura's compositions. Well... I'm not sure it'd be that one specifically (as far as the Madoka soundtrack goes, I... might slightly prefer Decretum? Not quite sure), but it's high up on my OST consideration list, alongside a few others I adore (largely from Clannad and Rewrite, since KEY's composers do such a fantastic job with emotional pieces). I almost went to include Katawa Shoujo on that list before I remembered that it's not actually a Japanese work, and the composer (NicolAmarfi) is Canadian... maybe I can send something from that OST if I ever switch over to Canada? :lol:

I can see already that your OST NF would be awesome xbow xbow
Oh you're a fan of Clannad? :p I've never seen that anime, and I guess it's too overrated (?) #runnekorun #beforeZoboCatchesYou

:lol: well now you have a song on your list if you switch over to :ca: :lol:

ZoboCamel

Oh you're a fan of Clannad? :p I've never seen that anime, and I guess it's too overrated (?) #runnekorun #beforeZoboCatchesYou

Oh, you'd better run! :twisted: It's probably the best drama series I've seen. Character designs can take some getting used to, but the animation and soundtrack are beautiful, the plot is touching, and great development means things only improve as they go on (I'll admit I cried a few times while watching the sequel, Clannad After Story).

Top Bottom