Contact us

Kanto

WorldVision

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
8xzv.png

:kant:

The Kantō region (関東地方 Kantō-chihō) is a geographical area of Honshu, the largest island of Japan. The region includes the Greater Tokyo Area and encompasses seven prefectures: Gunma, Tochigi, Ibaraki, Saitama, Tokyo, Chiba, and Kanagawa. Within its boundaries, slightly more than 45 percent of the land area is the Kantō Plain. The rest consists of the hills and mountains that form the land borders. In official census count on October 1, 2010 by the Japan Statistics Bureau, the population was 42,607,376 amounting to approximately one third of the total population of Japan.

In the Pokémon franchise, a region named after Kantō is the first geographical setting of both the anime and the game series (it was featured in Pokémon Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, FireRed and LeafGreen, Gold, Silver, and Crystal, and HeartGold and SoulSilver).

250px-Japan_Kanto_Region_large.png

ShoeFlo

Thanks for your votings: :nrwe: and :hk: xcheer

I think tomorrow it will be about time to treat some of you with mentions :mrgreen:

But I am happy to see I got votings from four different pots already, Pot A and E are yet to follow (I think of two specific users here)

ShoeFlo

Alright, here we go

It's mention time

@Seok-jin - need you as Pot A representative xheat
@RainyWoods
@ZoboCamel
@Stargazer - I just give it a try. ^^ Not a selection that will blow you away, but you should kinda enjoy 2 or 3 songs :D
@everybody else who voted in my last NF or who wants to vote in this one

dont worry, this is my last NF for a while. Next one is following only before WV 151

Deadline is one hour before WV submission

ShoeFlo

:kant: WV 146: Kalafina - Manten :kant:

Usually I try to post full original lyrics + english but for the sake of convenience I just post this Lyrics + translation video. No liability whether the translation is accurate, obviously

Probably many of you guessed it ... Manten was already on par with Waiting for the rain in the previous NF and now it took its second chance... there was never a doubt it would win the NF, I was a total domination right from the beginning and not even Mike and Kai could avoid its win

These are the final results:

zcj6Vn6.png

This means "Kizuato" and "Buddy Ryo" will qualify for the next NF for WV 151 when I've returned from my short stay in Northwest Italy

It's a bit of a shame that emoshen instrumentals are doing rather badly in my NFs. if you keep neglecting them I consider to do a full instrumental NF soon IOTAP

ZoboCamel

Congrats on this hot song winning! I may have put it second, but in retrospect maybe I was overadjusting for the fact I've loved it for years in an attempt to be fair, and should've had it first anyway :lol:

At the same time, damn you for sending this... it's the second time I've had someone else send a hot Kalafina bop that was high up on my shortlist xangry

Also, I found some pretty great live performances of this, if anyone was interested!

nekoisneko

Congrats on this hot song winning! I may have put it second, but in retrospect maybe I was overadjusting for the fact I've loved it for years in an attempt to be fair, and should've had it first anyway :lol:

At the same time, damn you for sending this... it's the second time I've had someone else send a hot Kalafina bop that was high up on my shortlist xangry

Also, I found some pretty great live performances of this, if anyone was interested!

I would guess, the first one was Magia?

ShoeFlo

:kant: Kalafina - Manten, 2nd 155 pts :kant:

:12: :cy: :jp: :hk: :fr: :cn:
:10: :nz: ::hess
:8: :lond:
:7: :no:
:6: :kr: :al: ::chub
:5: :ca: ::mida
:4: :uk: ::texa :sc:
:3: :br: :sobr: :svea: :lv:
:2: ::iq
:1: :seou: Istanbul

The record of my first :kant: period:

KANTO-1-0.png

Some facts:
- full set of medals (1 Gold, 1 Silver, 1 Bronze)
- Top 10 results in 5/9 editions and the 6th best result was an 11th place
- 7/9 final qualifications (77% final percentage)

In terms of Top 3 and Top 10 percentage this is my most sucessful period in my personal WV history. This is the first period in which I've won it all: Gold, silver and bronze (unless you put all my three Iceland periods together, then Iceland would obviously my most sucessful period).
In terms of final percentage this is "only" my third most successful period (77%). I've got 100% (6/6) in my Italy period between WV 96 and 101 and 80% (4/5) in my Scotland period right before (WV 90-94). But one should take into account that my Kanto period was a bit longer.
The time in Kanto was absolutely splendid and I totally surpassed my own hopes and wishes. Japan and its regions were sooo floppy in WV for way more than 100 editions but I found the key to make it shine bright. Ofc the fact that Asia in general gained popularity in Worldvision certainly was helpful :D I owe you guys a lot of thanks, hugs and kisses!
The only disappointment was, quite frankly, the NQ of the Olympics anthem because usually choral anthems are doing well and guarantee you a place in the final. It was a very spontenaeous entry, though. Maybe the lesson is to not send entries in rush, but to send my entries following my long-term plans as I usually do it. Consequently, I already know all of my four entries (or maybe five, I've got a joker entry up my sleeve) of my next destination. ;)

Thanks for the great time. I will probably return to Kanto soon but until then I am sure Edweis will be a worthy and fabulous successor

xrose

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Konnichiwa

giphy.gif

It's actually the first time I take over a thread after another active member, I'm used to be the trendsetter, not the follower xheat
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed Pot F Kanto, because I'm gonna bring it more to the C/D side. Yes people, the theme of this run will be electronics. I hope you're ready.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
WV 147
yahyel - TAO

Here's the winner of the super-secret NF xoxo
I invited only a few people I knew could potentially receive well the artist as experimental stuff isn't for everyone and I really wanted to see which one could attract the more high points.

Here are the scandel! full results

wplf.png

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
WV 148
GARNiDELiA - Kyoukiranbu

jni7.png

Thank you my bishes, I knew I could count on you xcry
149 will be a lil' bit riskier, but it's still a hit from a former utaite xheat

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

wvdn.png

I still have a hard time believing it :lol:
For real though, I can't apply the label "WV winner" to my little self, especially after getting it with a B/D hybrid such as Odo.
I'm extremely happy you all proved me wrong though xheart

Now, let's talk about serious business. I was already torn between two songs for my next (last) Kanto entry and the incoming PQ didn't really help me. Or maybe it did, a PQ should be for specific entries, whether particularly risky ones or personal ones. As I didn't have any more weird stuff in my shortlist (if I had more time to scout maybe I would) I decided to follow my heart.​

Top Bottom