Contact us

Kanto

WorldVision

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
8xzv.png

:kant:

The Kantō region (関東地方 Kantō-chihō) is a geographical area of Honshu, the largest island of Japan. The region includes the Greater Tokyo Area and encompasses seven prefectures: Gunma, Tochigi, Ibaraki, Saitama, Tokyo, Chiba, and Kanagawa. Within its boundaries, slightly more than 45 percent of the land area is the Kantō Plain. The rest consists of the hills and mountains that form the land borders. In official census count on October 1, 2010 by the Japan Statistics Bureau, the population was 42,607,376 amounting to approximately one third of the total population of Japan.

In the Pokémon franchise, a region named after Kantō is the first geographical setting of both the anime and the game series (it was featured in Pokémon Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, FireRed and LeafGreen, Gold, Silver, and Crystal, and HeartGold and SoulSilver).

250px-Japan_Kanto_Region_large.png

nekoisneko

Re: Kantō 関東 | WV66 NF is CLOSED | WE HAVE A WINNER! | ANIME REVIEW IS ON THE WAY

will update the Anime Review on Thursday (I guess, hope everything is going well)

nekoisneko

Re: Kantō 関東 | WV66 SF 3 | Iwasaki Taku - Le Chant de Roma

WV 66 Entry

IWASAKI TAKU - LE CHANT DE ROMA

About the singer:
Iwasaki Taku is a Japanese composer and arranger from Tokyo. He is graduated from Tokyo National University of Fine Arts and Music. He has produced a lot of anime OST, including Akame Ga Kill!

Note:
I haven't watched the anime so I can't give any review on anime (but from the trailer and YT recap video, it seems this anime is quite sadistic :'>). Another note is I misspelled his name :oops: It should be Iwasaki Taku not Iwasani Taku

Result of Anime NF
212vcxx.png

Thanks to who has voted in this NF! :D

xpray may my last entry from :kant: could go to the final xpray

nekoisneko

OMG WE MADE IT!!! xthank xthank xthank

I'm so happy that my last entry with :kant: made to the final xlove

thanks to who has supported us in the semi final!

see you with :ru: next edition! xwave

John1

[MENTION=10351]Trece[/MENTION]: Can you make me the official owner of the first two posts of this thread as I'm switching to :kant: from the next edition of WV.

Thx!

John1

Well... First DNQ since I left :sk: for :kyus:.
See ya in the next edition then. :)

John1

Re: Kantō 関東 | WV68 - SF? | ???? - ?????

It's time I'm updating this thread a little bit... it came to be quite dusty here. :lol:
Thus, I decided to unveil some details about my forthcoming entrant.

Once more, this'll be a famous female japanese singer from :kant: ('obviously John, obviously... We didn't even notice that you competed as Kanto.. :rolleyes:')

So... are you ready?

Ready to slay gurls.
Your lungs will suffer from not breathing for about 3 minutes due to this fabulous song... xlove

giphy.gif

nekoisneko

It's time I'm updating this thread a little bit... it came to be quite dusty here. :lol:
Thus, I decided to unveil some details about my forthcoming entrant.

Once more, this'll be a famous female japanese singer from :kant: ('obviously John, obviously... We didn't even notice that you competed as Kanto.. :rolleyes:')

So... are you ready?

Ready to slay gurls.
Your lungs will suffer from not breathing for about 3 minutes due to this fabulous song... xlove

giphy.gif

Gurrrrlll,,

LiSA is not from :kant: but from ::chub :'>

you can't send her.

Kalafina is waiting tho xwhistle

ZoboCamel

Gurrrrlll,,

LiSA is not from :kant: but from ::chub :'>

you can't send her.

Kalafina is waiting tho xwhistle

Srsly? ;_;

I'm pretty sure she's fine to send for either, really. Looking at Wikipedia, she was born in Chubu but has lived in Kanto for over a decade now. The WV rules for artist eligibility are as follows:

WV Rules said:
- they must have been born in your country/region,
- they must be a citizen(s)*** or a current resident(s) of your country/region (temporary stays due to recording new material, touring etc. are not enough),
- or they must have achieved the majority of their success as an artist/group in your country/region.

According to Wikipedia, she was born in Gifu (satisfying the first criteria if someone wants to send her for Chubu) but has lived in Tokyo since 2005 and spent the entirety of her solo career there (meaning she's fine for Kanto under both criteria 2 and criteria 3). I'm not a mod, but this looks pretty clear-cut to me - go ahead and send her! She's a great choice - I was actually considering sending one of her songs myself soon-ish, or even making an artist NF with her. I get the feeling we're thinking of different songs here, but I'm hoping you send her after all & I'm looking forward to seeing what you've chosen!

nekoisneko

Re: Kantō 関東 | WV69 - SF? | ?? - ??? (LAST EDITION)

well, ofc you can send her (even though she's not from :kant: ) but don't forget to put a back up so you wont regret it.

For me, it's better to send a person that was born in the region instead of (assuming) that person is having career in the region.

ZoboCamel

well, ofc you can send her (even though she's not from :kant: ) but don't forget to put a back up so you wont regret it.

For me, it's better to send a person that was born in the region instead of (assuming) that person is having career in the region.

Well, it's always better to have a backup, but I can't see the mods possibly having an issue with the artist choice here. She very clearly fits the criteria and has had her entire solo career in the region. Plus I want to see her sent anyway because she's good :rolleyes:

nekoisneko

Well, it's always better to have a backup, but I can't see the mods possibly having an issue with the artist choice here. She very clearly fits the criteria and has had her entire solo career in the region. Plus I want to see her sent anyway because she's good :rolleyes:

I had. I was about to send Alan for :kant: but then it was (almost) rejected even though I already gave proofs

ZoboCamel

Simplest way to resolve this is probably just to check directly with a few mods for confirmation. Pinging a few of the ones that seem more active - [MENTION=10742]daniels1000[/MENTION] [MENTION=10351]Trece[/MENTION] [MENTION=12078]AshleyWright[/MENTION], given the discussion above, would LiSA be eligible for Kanto?

John1

Re: Kantō 関東 | WV69 - SF? | LiSA - ??? (LAST EDITION)

That's official.
LiSA will surely represent :kant: at WV this time, as I'm confirmed in the participants' list. :)

John1

Re: Kantō 関東 | WV69 - SF1 | LiSA - Crossing Field (LAST EDITION)

Here it is...
My very final entry for :kant:. This always could stir me each time I'm leaving for another country.

Although feeling quite emotional and saddened, I'm just praying for LiSA to sail through the final with this amazing song, which would be quite deserved imo, along with some others in the SF1.

Remember, my fellow contestants and partners (and sometimes... enemies :twisted: ), :kant: will always slay in this freaky awesome show.
Bye, gurlz. *almost instant yell and tears* xcry1 xfaint

tumblr_inline_nqhg4c0pf41r9aung_500.gif

nekoisneko

Re: Kantō 関東 | WV69 - SF1 | LiSA - Crossing Field (LAST EDITION)

[MENTION=10351]Trece[/MENTION] [MENTION=11756]WorldVision[/MENTION] [MENTION=12078]AshleyWright[/MENTION] [MENTION=13598]Veronika[/MENTION] can somebody make me as thread maker please? xpray

And it seems that I have to postpone sending Kokia, as I just fall in love with an Anime Song, but not sure which one as I have plenty Anime songs on my list xheat

Top Bottom