Contact us

Kanto

WorldVision

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
8xzv.png

:kant:

The Kantō region (関東地方 Kantō-chihō) is a geographical area of Honshu, the largest island of Japan. The region includes the Greater Tokyo Area and encompasses seven prefectures: Gunma, Tochigi, Ibaraki, Saitama, Tokyo, Chiba, and Kanagawa. Within its boundaries, slightly more than 45 percent of the land area is the Kantō Plain. The rest consists of the hills and mountains that form the land borders. In official census count on October 1, 2010 by the Japan Statistics Bureau, the population was 42,607,376 amounting to approximately one third of the total population of Japan.

In the Pokémon franchise, a region named after Kantō is the first geographical setting of both the anime and the game series (it was featured in Pokémon Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, FireRed and LeafGreen, Gold, Silver, and Crystal, and HeartGold and SoulSilver).

250px-Japan_Kanto_Region_large.png

ShoeFlo

:kant: WV 144: Naoki Sato - TOKYO 2020 Victory Ceremony music (dont even know the official title tbh) :kant:

JgTUZy5.png

As you can imagine this was a spontaneous choice, I've casually heard it plenty of times during the Olympics and it reminded me a bit of a mixture of Edward Scissorhands and the Polar Express suite (which I almost sent a few years ago when I was NEUSA juror, but actually this piece is closer to Sogno di Volare). I wasn't particularly hopeful, but I decided to check out if this is even a full piece of music, who composed it and whether he is from Kanto... and voilà, it's Naoki Sato, who I even have on my shortlist with a different song. My choice was clear then; I have to use this momentum and send this song connected to the most popular sports event (would be even better if the Olympics didn't end today).. when would I get such a chance again? Some of you guys certainly associate this song to the great successes of your countries athletes or your favorite athletes, at least I hope so. For some of you it might be overplayed already but I hope it's not. xcrazy

------------

Moreover, I'd like to reveal my future plans. I will stay only two more editions in Kanto - for now. I plan to return to Kanto anytime soon, but I've got a deal with Edweis, she is waiting to take over Kanto for a long time already and I gladly lend it to her. When she leaves Kanto northward I want to return, though.

My entry for WV 146 is already decided, but for WV 145 I've prepared a 6-song-NF starring Neo-classical pop songs, two emotional instrumentals, an anime ending theme with lyrics and a shoegaze song. Brace yourselves!

I already prepared four NFs with each four songs for my next Kanto tenure (which I think will start in WV 151)
The idea is that the second and third placed song of my WV 145 NF would get a second chance and extend the WV 151 NF to six songs, the second and third placed song of WV 151 would in turn extend the WV 152 to six songs and so on and so forth.

So in total I will present you 22 more Kanto songs + my WV 146 song to you and I look forward to see your reactions xheart

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Lovely entry! xlove I haven't been watching the Olympics that much, other than a couple of events, but I always seemed to miss the ceremonies so I this was the first time I heard this piece. Wonderful choice! xheart

ShoeFlo

THE TIME HAS COME FOR THE FIRST NATIONAL FINAL OF KANTO

LEAN BACK AND ENJOY

hqMa8pc.png

1. KALAFINA - MANTEN

2. KENSUKE USHIO - CRYBABY

3. MAAYA SAKAMOTO - WAITING FOR THE RAIN

4. TOSHIHIKO SAHASHI - MEMORY (4TH MOVEMENT)

5. SHOJO SKIP - URARAKA

6. KALAFINA - SORAIRO NO ISU

VOTING

No points system. Just send me your Top 6 ranking, I will calculate the average rank for all songs afterwards.
One more thing: I know how difficult it's sometimes to chose between two songs, so if you can't decide between two songs you can once include a shared rank in the ranking. Doesn't matter if it's two 1st places, two 2nd or two 5th places... whatever you want! xup

I am looking forward to your participation. Thanks in Advance! xheat

Voted: ::chub ::sudo :neus: :us: :hk: :kr:

Last edited:

ShoeFlo

So far, I received votings from @Edweis and Son Goku or whatever Mikes new nickname is... I still need to learn it xcrazy

I was very delighted to receive votings from you guys, especially since I thought I can only convince high-pot users to vote in my NF.

Would be desirable to get at least one voter of each pot... lets see if I can make it :D I look forward to some more votings!

I shall also vote in some NFs xup

ShoeFlo

Thanks Arion for another voting! Much appreciated!

Ive got 3 votings so far which is... a lil bit poor (but maybe my ambitions have been too big, it's holiday time and so on)

I actually hate being a pain in somebodys ass but nevertheless I will start mention people now :LOL: even with individual speeches:

@daniels1000 I guess you're quite busy these days .... but maybe you will find a time slot for it :xo:
@ZoboCamel most artists are probably familiar to you.... might be an interesting listening
@Lupus you've always enjoyed my NFs didnt you
@Ana Raquel surprised, huh? well, I'd wish to have voters of all pots xheat
@Morocco2021 we use to have high similarities :D

everybody else is obviously welcome to vote, too!

Last edited:

ZoboCamel

Ooh; thanks for the ping! I haven't exactly been keeping a close eye on green room threads lately (including my own :whistle:) but there are two songs here that have actually been on my own shortlist for ages - meaning I know I'll at least like something, so I'm glad to have the reminder to vote. I'll get around to it tonight or tomorrow hopefully!

ShoeFlo

Thanks a lot to: ::chub ::sudo :neus: :us: :hk: :kr: :jp: ::texas for participating in my NF xcheer

8 voters is a good number and I love the fact I got votings from all pots so I hope the results are representative :D

So, now lets take a look at the result:

1. 2.75 (average rank)
2. 2.75 :rolleyes:
3. 3.38
4. 3.63
5. 3.88
6. 4.5

Yes, you look right... The 1st and 2nd place have the identical average rank and not only that, they also have the same breakdown of ranks:
3x 1st place,
1x 2nd place,
1x 3rd place
1x 4th place
2x 5th place

So in the end I had to decide for one of them by myself... since one of the artists will take part in the next NF too, I decided for the other one :)

Last edited:

ShoeFlo

:kant: WV 145: MAAYA SAKAMOTO - WAITING FOR THE RAIN :kant:

Maaya Sakamoto was leading quite comfortably most of the time but then Loreens voting short before the deadline resulted into a full tie between Maaya and Kalafina as I described in the previous post... I didn't believe this could even happen :LOL: I decided for Maaya because there is another Kalafina song scheduled in my next NF. However, by becoming 2nd and 3rd place Manten and Crybaby luckily qualified for my next NF and will therefore get a second chance. IIt will be another six-song NFs. But this time you will get a synth-driven instrumental and a delicate folk song, amongst others.

and @SwedishFailurez next time I will remind you of my NF so you will not miss it again ;) :D

These are the full results:

Last edited:

ShoeFlo

it's asking for permission sis

also justice for the shoegaze (?) track IOTAP

oh, oops... fixed it (I hope)

well, the shoegaze track did better than expected. I thought it would end last but instead it got second-last, the place of real winners. Nevertheless I stop trying shoegaze for now, people generally don't like it :LOL:

ShoeFlo

WV 146

0ww9e5q.png

1. Kalafina - Kizuato

2. Toshiro Masuda - Sadness and Sorrow

3. Kensuke Ushio - Buddy, Ryo

4. Kensuke Ushio - Crybaby

5. Lamp - Yume Utsutsu

6. Kalafina - Manten xcookie

giphy-downsized-large.gif

...Yes, you're right about that. As announced I treat you with two of the failing songs of last NF. That's not the only resemblance to the last NF: There is another Kalafina song in the selection plus another piece of Kensuke Ushio by which however he proves his versatility as "Buddy Ryo" is a powerful and infectious synth-instrumental compared to the emoshen piece "Crybaby". Moreover, the selection has another emotional instrumental to offer: Toshiro Masudas' "Sadness and Sorrow" in an extended version from the Naruto OST. The biggest difference to the last NF is on spot #5. I give up my Shoegaze songs and instead introduce you to an exquisite, meandering and calm chamber-pop-folk piece by a trio called Lamp.

VOTING
No points system. Just send me your Top 6 ranking, I will calculate the average rank for all songs afterwards.
One more thing: I know how difficult it's sometimes to chose between two songs, so if you can't decide between two songs you can once include a shared rank in the ranking. Doesn't matter if it's two 1st places, two 2nd or two 5th places... whatever you want!

Have fun! xcheer

Top Bottom