Contact us

Jury vs Televote

aletem

If the plan is to have two winners, one from jury and one from televote, then big no! The combined 50-50 is fine. Why do they need to change that?

evilperson

^I don't think thats what the EBU is planning, from what I've read, the plan is to split each country's jury and televote on screen and then combine them in front of the viewers eyes.

There was also discussion about Christer Bjorkman's previous suggestion of using computer technology to order the country voting order for the most thrilling voting experience. That was apparently shot down due to logistics.

aletem

^I don't think thats what the EBU is planning, from what I've read, the plan is to split each country's jury and televote on screen and then combine them in front of the viewers eyes.
If that is the idea, then it would be nice!

A-lister

Veteran

This is good and will make the whole process more transparent.

A-lister

Veteran
And fair. Don't forget fair.

I don't know about that. The results will still stay the same and we will still not know whether juries are corrupted or whatever and who actually votes in this.

Atleast it'll show the people how the juries are operating (for better or worse).

nikolay_BG

Banned
I don`t like the juries. I don`t see how they prevented the block and diaspora vote. Can somebody tell me how they actually do it? Let`s take Romania and their entry in 2010 for instance= The song is awfull, and the wise televoters gave it 6th place, but the juries bumped it out and it ended on 3rd place taking Denmarks place in the televoters which was 3rd. :eek: Do you think that is fair? I personally don`t think it`s fair.
And about the blockvotes, Turkey still gives 12 points to Azerbaijan and vice-verse. Greece and Cyprus too. The same happens to Serbia and B&H and the ex USSR(accept Azerbaijan) countries still give 12 points to Russia.

So I personally don`t see what is the good thing of the juries since we actually don`t know who they are. And corrupting a jury is easier then corrupting a whole nation.
And another big minus I find is that they vote in the rehearsels and not in the actual show.

So, please can anybody tell me, again, how are they preventing the diaspora & blockvote, since they actually encourage it IMHO :eek:

Last edited:

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Your statements are quite inaccurate and lack some proper research.

In 2009, the televoters put Turkey in 3rd place and the juries had them in 7th place. So due to the juries, the turkish song actually dropped a position.
In 2010 the televoters put Turkey in 2nd place and the juries in 8th. So you can see there is a signifacnt different just in the past 2 years. So your claim that Turkey benefits having juries doesn't really add up.

Nobody claims that diaspora is going away but the purpose was to decrease/minimize it. And Russia only received 12 points from Belarus last year.

Please give me an example where juries enourage bloc voting so I can address you concerns accordingly.

And the names of all jury members will be made public knowledge. They are consisting of people who are involved in the music industry (singers, composers etc).

MyHeartIsYours

So, please can anybody tell me, again, how are they preventing the diaspora & blockvote, since they actually encourage it IMHO :eek:

Lets use the example of 2009 when the televote dreadfully underrated United Kingdom and France whilst Azerbaijan and Greece were dreadfully overrated! The jury neutralises this affect, and also affects like the Balkan voting. They still always give each other high points but they do also give outside countries high points also - United Kingdom 8 points in 2009 for example from Serbia. Would never have happened under televote 100%. Also it neutralises Western friendly voting - for instance, Ireland gave United Kingdom only 4 points last year. If it had been a 100% televote it would have been at least 7/8 points to us.

nikolay_BG

Banned
Your statements are quite inaccurate and lack some proper research.

In 2009, the televoters put Turkey in 3rd place and the juries had them in 7th place. So due to the juries, the turkish song actually dropped a position.
In 2010 the televoters put Turkey in 2nd place and the juries in 8th. So you can see there is a signifacnt different just in the past 2 years. So your claim that Turkey benefits having juries doesn't really add up.

Nobody claims that diaspora is going away but the purpose was to decrease/minimize it. And Russia only received 12 points from Belarus last year.

Please give me an example where juries enourage bloc voting so I can address you concerns accordingly.

And the names of all jury members will be made public knowledge. They are consisting of people who are involved in the music industry (singers, composers etc).

Well the russian song last year was horrible. I predicted that nobody but Belarus will like it. But do you think the same will happen again. I don`t think so. Alexey is a superstar in the exUSSR republics like Dino Merlin is a star in exyugo countries.
The azerbaijani jury gave 12 points to Turkey again and vise-verse.
The same happened with Greece and Cyprus.
And the names of the jury members - I don`t agree. Who are the members of the bulgarian jury? You don`t know? Well, I don`t know too :lol:
I think the jury members had to be told before the show. And why not to hear some interview from them aswell? I really want to know the logic of the juries because i hardly think that the bulgarians liked Safuras screaming and running like chopped chicken :lol:

Because of the juries we didn`t had the masterpiece of Finland in the final, but we got Portugal`s boring and forgetable ballad. Denmark was underrated and didn`t got their 3rd place that they deserved. What we got instead Denmark on 3rd place - the awfull anc cliche stupidness of Romania. Yeah, great.
Because of the juries FYROM wasn`t in the final, but we got alienscharlotte in final. That is fair?

And what if the winner in the televote isn`t the same like in the juries? Will we have a jury winner or televote winner?

Last edited:

lucian-crusher

@nikolay: Your opininon is subjective. First of all :ro: and :ru: had one of the best live performances of last year. Counting the missed notes, only :be: was better then them + the Danish song was acused of plagiarism and was made from different songs. I am not defending :ro: because I already said that I really, really disliked our entry from 2010, but :dk: was worse IMO.

Also you can say that :fi: was better then ::pt but others might say it's the other way around and I am one of them.

About the jury members it differs from countries. Here they anounce the jury members one hour before the Final and they are not allowed to say anything before that. In 2009 Mihai Traistariu was kicked-out of the jury because he said he will be in the jury :lol:

deese

Well the russian song last year was horrible. I predicted that nobody but Belarus will like it. But do you think the same will happen again. I don`t think so. Alexey is a superstar in the exUSSR republics like Dino Merlin is a star in exyugo countries.
believe me, he is not. I am not sure that even our Azeri Russians know him well.

Leman

Could you please give the link where we can see the televote results and the juri vote results separately for every country.

asia

I think they should go back to the system as it was is the ninties, only the countries in the final can vote in the final. Also I think that a country should sing in its own language, the televoting system they have at the moment is stupid, what are people voting on the song? The singer? Or more likely the performance.....

nikolay_BG

Banned
I stopped reading right there.

Finland scored 9th in the televote. That means that the european public liked finnish folk music. I think the song was more exciting then Portugal or Belarus. It was fresh and original, but like everything fresh and original it was left in the semi because of the juries :twisted:

Last edited:
Top Bottom