Contact us

Jury vs Televote

FallenAngelII

^When did I said that Alvedansen is a masterpiece?
This is your own definition of a Eurovision masterpiece:
"But it is a masteriece! This song shows what ESC is all about. European music in native languages."

It took you a week to finally answer "What make Finland 2010 a masterpiece?" and that was the definition you gave. By the same definition, "Alvedansen" was also a masterpiece.

Alvedansen is just a "not so good voice" coming from a pretty blond who just sings "aaaaaaaaa" and that`s it.
Uh... what? She's a ten times better vocalist than the Finnish sisters of last year.

That`s not the case with Kuunkuiskaajat. They actually made a show.
Whut? Dancing around a little?

Why should I explain why I like a song? I am not a finnish person, have nothing to do with Finland and finnish people. Don`t even live in the same area.
I think that speaks alot in general.
I never asked you to explain why you like it?

I just like it and I don`t like the usual ericsaadepopularromaniancomercialshiZZ music
You do realize that I hate Eric Saade and "Popular" with the passion of a thousand suns, right?

I think the song was original and good[/quote9]
I've asked you several times now to tell me exactly what so original about it.

Is it so hard to accept a different oppinion then yours
Except you've stated things as fact many times, not just as opinion. Also, some opinions are just plain wrong.

nikolay_BG

Banned
This is your own definition of a Eurovision masterpiece:
"But it is a masteriece! This song shows what ESC is all about. European music in native languages."
It took you a week to finally answer "What make Finland 2010 a masterpiece?" and that was the definition you gave. By the same definition, "Alvedansen" was also a masterpiece.
Uh... what? She's a ten times better vocalist than the Finnish sisters of last year.
Whut? Dancing around a little?
I never asked you to explain why you like it?
You do realize that I hate Eric Saade and "Popular" with the passion of a thousand suns, right?
I've asked you several times now to tell me exactly what so original about it.

I don`t know why i wrote that the norwegian girl is a weak singer. It is a writing mistake ;)
They made a show. AT least for me. I didn`t saw a woman who is dancing with an accordeon in the ESC stage before. :eek:
And I liked the finnish acrobatics and their clothes and everything they did on the stage.
They didn`t need braking glasses to make a show, they just had to sing ;)
I don`t know how much you hate Eric Saade, but trust me, I hate him more :twisted:

It is original for the reasons that I said. I am not a finn, don`t have connections with Finland, I live in the Balkans, far, far away from Finland.
Maybe it doesn`t sound original to you, because you are a swede, closer to Finland then me and you have the chance to hear finnish folk more often then me.
To me it was original. To me it was something new. To me it was something fresh.

Like "Water" was something new and original to Europe. Do you think that it was something original for me, because i hear songs like "Water" like...every day.

FallenAngelII

[Me me me me me]
So it all comes down to this. You think this, you think that. You cannot quantify why the Finnish entry of 2010 was so original for Eurovision (it wasn't, we've seen similar entries before) and why it's a masterpiece beside "I liked it!".

Also, you're still a hypocrite and you're playing the "I'll ignore it" game again. By your own definition, "Alvedansen" was a masterpiece.

nikolay_BG

Banned
^But "Alvedansen" wasn`t voted from the people on 6th place while "Tyolki Ella" was. See the difference?
I told you why I think the song is a masterpiece, but the answer isn`t comfortable to you and you keep repeating the same things like a broken gramophone.

And I never said that songs frome type are masterpieces. It depends on many things - like lyrics, melody, performance. And face it, the performance of "Tyolki Ella" was better then "Alvedansen". And why are we arguing about "Alvedansen" on first place?

I think "Tyolki Ella" and "Alvedansen" are too different songs to be compared.

But let`s get back to the topic about the juries (because after all, the topic is about the juries)

I think the cutting off "Tyolki Ella" from the final is showing enough how big damage the juries are already doing to ESC => they should be gone.

HeadsWillRoll

I'm very conflicted when it comes to juries. They're very unpredictable. For example, in 2009 they voted for Turkey but not for Ukraine and those two entries were pretty much on the same level. Even worse, Albania was 23rd (second to last) with juries, whereas I just found this comment from one of the AKOE bloggers regarding Albania's rehearsal for the Final in which the judges voted.

"Albania is so good, its simply brilliant. Fantastic setting, wonderfully powerful vocals,
no props just fancy dancing and costumes. Great dance beat with an eastern flair.
This could seriously win you know. I can see this giving Albania their best ever result.
Predict 1-6th. Reaction from the hall is immense."

FallenAngelII

^But "Alvedansen" wasn`t voted from the people on 6th place while "Tyolki Ella" was. See the difference?
Except that's not one of the criteria you gave for a song being a masterpiece.

Also, so you're saying, if a song is voted 6th or higher in the televote, it's a masterpiece?

I told you why I think the song is a masterpiece
Except you need to qualify that statement. Why is it a masterpiece? You gave some very vague reasons that don't really tell us why this one particular song was a masterpiece, because you can't really come up with good reasons why it's a masterpiece besides "Well, I think so!".

And I never said that songs frome type are masterpieces.
Except you totally did!
'
It depends on many things - like lyrics, melody, performance.
Except you didn't say any of that! When I asked you what make "Tyolki Ella" a masterpiece, you gave two simple reasons: Eurropean music sung in its native language.

I think the cutting off "Tyolki Ella" from the final is showing enough how big damage the juries are already doing to ESC => they should be gone.
So because the jury cut off one song that you liked and that the televoters liked, they should be abolished, despite the bajillion good things they're doing (no matter how many lies you throw around about how they totally make block voting worse)?

How totally objective and altruistic of you. It's all fun and games until your favourite entry gets dissed.

FallenAngelII

I'm very conflicted when it comes to juries. They're very unpredictable.
As opposed to the televoters?

For example, in 2009 they voted for Turkey but not for Ukraine and those two entries were pretty much on the same level. Even worse, Albania was 23rd (second to last) with juries, whereas I just found this comment from one of the AKOE bloggers regarding Albania's rehearsal for the Final in which the judges voted.
Turkey and Ukraine weren't the same at all. Turkey had better-sounding vocals when Hadise's voice was audible (Svetlana's were hoarse), but Svetlana was generally more in-tune and didn't have to be carried through the last choruses by her male backing singers.

Hadise had a relatively simple stage show consisting of traditional dancing while Svetlana utilized a "Hell Machine" and male stripper gladiators.

The songs were completely different; Hadise's a "traditional" etno-pop belly dance number from Turkey while Svetlana's was some kind of brass-powered quasi-ska punk thingie tha's possibly rooted in Ukrainian etno (I wouldn't know).

And, yes, if you listen to the CD versions, "Düm Tek Tek" is much more commercially viable than "Be My Valentine! (Anti-Crisis Girl)" (one of the voting criteria for the juries).

These are the peak singles chart positions of the two songs:
"Be My Valentine! (Anti-Crisis Girl)":

Greek: 9th
Swedish: 46
Ukranian (Airplay only): 1
UK: 167

"Düm Tek Tek":
Belgian Flanders: 1
Belgian Wallonia: 24
Dutch: 99
Eurochart Hot 100: 64
Finnish Singles: 29
German: 70
Japan Hot 100: 21
Japan Top Airplay: 16
Japan Adult Contemporary Airplay: 27
Swedish: 12
Swiss: 73
UK: 127

In every single chart except the Greek Singles one, Hadise came out victorious leagues and miles ahead of Svetlana.
So they're bad becvause they didn't agree with some random AKOE blogger?

"Albania is so good, its simply brilliant. Fantastic setting, wonderfully powerful vocals,
no props just fancy dancing and costumes. Great dance beat with an eastern flair.
This could seriously win you know. I can see this giving Albania their best ever result.
Predict 1-6th. Reaction from the hall is immense."
Who cares?

One single AKOE blogger's opinion does not a consensus make. And you make it sound like had the juries not existed, Albania would've won or come close to winning. Abania was 11th in the televote. 11th vs. 18th is onl a 7-step difference. And, really, while her performance was entertaining, it was far from perfect.

HeadsWillRoll

As opposed to the televoters?

Turkey and Ukraine weren't the same at all. Turkey had better-sounding vocals when Hadise's voice was audible (Svetlana's were hoarse), but Svetlana was generally more in-tune and didn't have to be carried through the last choruses by her male backing singers.

Hadise had a relatively simple stage show consisting of traditional dancing while Svetlana utilized a "Hell Machine" and male stripper gladiators.

The songs were completely different; Hadise's a "traditional" etno-pop belly dance number from Turkey while Svetlana's was some kind of brass-powered quasi-ska punk thingie tha's possibly rooted in Ukrainian etno (I wouldn't know).

And, yes, if you listen to the CD versions, "Düm Tek Tek" is much more commercially viable than "Be My Valentine! (Anti-Crisis Girl)" (one of the voting criteria for the juries).

These are the peak singles chart positions of the two songs:
"Be My Valentine! (Anti-Crisis Girl)":

Greek: 9th
Swedish: 46
Ukranian (Airplay only): 1
UK: 167

"Düm Tek Tek":
Belgian Flanders: 1
Belgian Wallonia: 24
Dutch: 99
Eurochart Hot 100: 64
Finnish Singles: 29
German: 70
Japan Hot 100: 21
Japan Top Airplay: 16
Japan Adult Contemporary Airplay: 27
Swedish: 12
Swiss: 73
UK: 127

In every single chart except the Greek Singles one, Hadise came out victorious leagues and miles ahead of Svetlana.
So they're bad becvause they didn't agree with some random AKOE blogger?

Who cares?

One single AKOE blogger's opinion does not a consensus make. And you make it sound like had the juries not existed, Albania would've won or come close to winning. Abania was 11th in the televote. 11th vs. 18th is onl a 7-step difference. And, really, while her performance was entertaining, it was far from perfect.

First of all, those charts data are not significant enough to validate your argument. Not to mention that there are more Turks in Western Europe than Ukrainians. But even if it were a better song (which is completely not the case), it was very poorly performed.

As for Albania. It's not 11 with 18. It's 11 with 23. That's quite the difference. And it wasn't just one AKOE blogger who said that. I did more research and found five bloggers predicting it to be on the Top 5. I didn't like our entry in 2009, but I have to admit both the song and the performance were way better than many songs that placed better due to a generous jury. Moreover, it wasn't a joke entry or something asking to "not" be voted by juries like France last year. In fact, it was better sung than most songs in the final and the performance was charming (save the green man).

Albania has no friends in voting except for Macedonia. So that placement (11th in televotes) was a respectable one. Plus, the bloggers were referring to the 2nd DRESS REHEARSAL in which the judges voted. And there, she seemed to be flawless whereas in the Final, she was indeed shaky in some place and nervous due to pressure.

We cannot argue on taste obviously, but I would like juries not to damage decent songs by helping more "popular" ones like Dum Tek Tek.

And if this weren't enough, I CAN NOT believe, Ukraine was 10th on jury voting in the semifinal last year. Simply can not grasp it.

FallenAngelII

First of all, those charts data are not significant enough to validate your argument. Not to mention that there are more Turks in Western Europe than Ukrainians.
"Düm Tek Tek" charted in Japan. "Düm Tek Tek" charted in more than twice as many countries as "Be My Valentine (Anti-Crisis Girl)".

But even if it were a better song (which is completely not the case), it was very poorly performed.
1) Subjective conjecture.
2) What part of "The juries are instructed to put song quality before vocal performance" was too Flemish for you?

As for Albania. It's not 11 with 18. It's 11 with 23. That's quite the difference.
I misread the voting chart. I apologize.

And it wasn't just one AKOE blogger who said that. I did more research and found five bloggers predicting it to be on the Top 5.
Wow. Six bloggers predicted it would do well.

I didn't like our entry in 2009, but I have to admit both the song and the performance were way better than many songs that placed better due to a generous jury.
And I completely disagree. You know what Kejsi Stola lacked? Charisma and self-confidence. She did an admirable job and the song was pretty OK, but her performance lacked passion, self-confidence and charisma. She didn't really reach into the hearts of her audience. The juries are instructed to not place too much weight on vocal ability, but they are too watch for other things, such as how well a live entertainer the entrants are.

In fact, this was one of the things many critics (professional to semi-professional) had criticized Kejsi Stola for prior to the final: Her inexperience showing through in her lack of stage presence.

Moreover, it wasn't a joke entry or something asking to "not" be voted by juries like France last year.
Uh... the juries hated France 2010. They were 22nd with the juries. Unless this was your point. The juries disliked Albania 2009 and France 2010 for entirely different reasons, all of which are understandable. You have to understand thaat the juries are instructed to look at many things put together, at the "package", not at singular things. Being good at one particular thing won't necessarily endear you with the juries because that's not their job. This is why it's rarely the best vocalist that wins the jury vote (though Tom Dice came close last year) because that's not how the juries are instructed to vote.

In fact, it was better sung than most songs in the final and the performance was charming (save the green man).
But it wasn't very professional. Not due to lack of trying or lack of potential but because of lack of experience (I believe she was only 17 at the time and this was her first performance in front of a larger audience).

Plus, the bloggers were referring to the 2nd DRESS REHEARSAL in which the judges voted. And there, she seemed to be flawless whereas in the Final, she was indeed shaky in some place and nervous due to pressure.
How do you even know this? Do you have an HD feed of the 2nd dress rehearsal?

We cannot argue on taste obviously, but I would like juries not to damage decent songs by helping more "popular" ones like Dum Tek Tek.
"Carry Me In Your Dream" is a strange song. It's quite monotonous and the verses are quite bland. The bridges are strangely low (so low, in fact, that Kejsi had a hard time reaching those notes).

"Düm Tek Tek" is a song that was destined to do well on the dance floors. Turkish disaspora or no Turkish disapora, etno pop songs with a Turkish beat and instruments (often from Turkey) have ben the rage in Europe for close to two decades now. The fact that the song charted even in Japan (in the airplay charts) means that the song has such a wide appeall even people from other continents enjoy it.

And if this weren't enough, I CAN NOT believe, Ukraine was 10th on jury voting in the semifinal last year. Simply can not grasp it.
I can. The song itself is actually quite interesting. And so was the performance. It wasn't one of my own personal favourites, but I can see why it would appeal to the juries.

You seem to think that if the juries disagree with your personal tastes, they clearly aren't doing their jobs. I can see past my personal tastes and understand the things that would make songs that I don't find personally appealing appeal to the juries, who are instructed to vote in specific ways.

HeadsWillRoll

"Düm Tek Tek" charted in Japan. "Düm Tek Tek" charted in more than twice as many countries as "Be My Valentine (Anti-Crisis Girl)".

Be My Valentine wasn't even released in Japan. Plus, we're talking about live performances on the night. Scooch charted higher than FAIRYTALE and all other recent British acts. Does not say anything about the song quality which you and the juries are "instructed" to consider.

1) Subjective conjecture.
2) What part of "The juries are instructed to put song quality before vocal performance" was too Flemish for you?

If so, then it stands for your judgment as well. Hence, you're contradicting yourself with those very two words.

I misread the voting chart. I apologize.

Apology accepted.

Wow. Six bloggers predicted it would do well.

Six bloggers with significant Eurovision experience (very likely more than 99 % of the juries) who have to learned to judge songs based on whatever standard they're judged at Eurovision. If six people say something is "brilliant" then the judgment of the (song quality/vocal performance/stage presentation combined) could fluctuate to being "good" or even "average" but not to freakin' 23rd.

And I completely disagree. You know what Kejsi Stola lacked? Charisma and self-confidence. She did an admirable job and the song was pretty OK, but her performance lacked passion, self-confidence and charisma. She didn't really reach into the hearts of her audience. The juries are instructed to not place too much weight on vocal ability, but they are too watch for other things, such as how well a live entertainer the entrants are.

SUBJECTIVE CONJECTURE

In fact, this was one of the things many critics (professional to semi-professional) had criticized Kejsi Stola for prior to the final: Her inexperience showing through in her lack of stage presence.

Very interesting that (anonymous) professional and semi-professional critics devoted time to analyze a performance that placed 17th.

Uh... the juries hated France 2010. They were 22nd with the juries. Unless this was your point. The juries disliked Albania 2009 and France 2010 for entirely different reasons, all of which are understandable. You have to understand thaat the juries are instructed to look at many things put together, at the "package", not at singular things. Being good at one particular thing won't necessarily endear you with the juries because that's not their job. This is why it's rarely the best vocalist that wins the jury vote (though Tom Dice came close last year) because that's not how the juries are instructed to vote.

MY POINT. Albania was a more "serious" entry (although I prefer France 2010 to it) and perceived as more serious. Okay, so "it's a package" now? Not "song quality". Decide on one version please.

But it wasn't very professional. Not due to lack of trying or lack of potential but because of lack of experience (I believe she was only 17 at the time and this was her first performance in front of a larger audience).

Please define how someone's vocals could be almost flawless but not be professional? How was Hadise professional when you could here her breath throughout the performance and she wasn't even a good dancer?

How do you even know this? Do you have an HD feed of the 2nd dress rehearsal?

I'm referring to their comments which came from watching the 2nd Dress Rehearsal on the Press Arena.

"Carry Me In Your Dream" is a strange song. It's quite monotonous and the verses are quite bland. The bridges are strangely low (so low, in fact, that Kejsi had a hard time reaching those notes).

SUBJECTIVE CONJECTURE.

"Düm Tek Tek" is a song that was destined to do well on the dance floors. Turkish disaspora or no Turkish disapora, etno pop songs with a Turkish beat and instruments (often from Turkey) have ben the rage in Europe for close to two decades now. The fact that the song charted even in Japan (in the airplay charts) means that the song has such a wide appeall even people from other continents enjoy it.

And the songs' studio version appeal makes it enough for juries to bump it up so high that it ends up finishing ahead of entries like ESTONIA, United Kingdom and Bosnia on the final scoreboard?

I can. The song itself is actually quite interesting. And so was the performance. It wasn't one of my own personal favourites, but I can see why it would appeal to the juries.

Once again, you've misunderstood me. For me, Ukraine should've been 1st on the jury scoreboard in the semifinal. Instead the juries placed nine other songs before. All less stellar performance in terms of vocals and stage presence. And please don't use "song quality" here too as most of those songs were nothing better than "Sweet People" by any standards.

You seem to think that if the juries disagree with your personal tastes, they clearly aren't doing their jobs. I can see past my personal tastes and understand the things that would make songs that I don't find personally appealing appeal to the juries, who are instructed to vote in specific ways.

I think that the juries should serve as a logical/traditional mechanism which distinguishes legitimate, live performances and rewards them while allowing the public to vote for entries like "Pirates of the Sea" or "Dum tek tek", the type they've always voted for.

Last edited:

FallenAngelII

Be My Valentine wasn't even released in Japan.
Neither was "Düm Tek Tek". Düm Tek Tek charted on the airplay charts, which are charts monitoring how often songs are played on the radio. The Japanese just liked the song so much they decided to play it on the radio... a lot.

Plus, we're talking about live performances on the night.
But that's not what the juries are instructed to judge. They are to judge the 2nd dress rehearsal. Also, how many times must I point out that the juries are instructed to not put vocal prowess before song quality?

Scooch charted higher than FAIRYTALE and all other recent British acts.
In the U.K.. When speaking of how well a Eurovision entry charts, I generally mean internationally, not in the country of origin.

If so, then it stands for your judgment as well. Hence, you're contradicting yourself with those very two words.
Except I back my statements up with things other than my own personal opinion.

Six bloggers with significant Eurovision experience (very likely more than 99 % of the juries) who have to learned to judge songs based on whatever standard they're judged at Eurovision.
Except those standards no longer apply.

"Eurovision good" is no longer the standard by which one is to judge songs, at least not if one is in the professional juries. Also, those six bloggers were wrong. Albania wan't even Top 6 in the televote.

And what musical education do those bloggers have? Do any of them have any background in the professional music industry? Or is their claim to fame having blogged about Eurovision for many years and bein able to predict Eurovision results nominally well (despite being wrong in this one instance)?

If six people say something is "brilliant" then the judgment of the (song quality/vocal performance/stage presentation combined) could fluctuate to being "good" or even "average" but not to freakin' 23rd.
Six people calling something brilliant does not mean it's good or even average. You're confusing cause with effect.

SUBJECTIVE CONJECTURE
Except every single professional music industry professional and entertainment journalist who specializes in Eurovision agrees with me.

It's not just my own personal opinion. It's consensus among anyone with a musical background or a background in performing in front of an audience.

Of what significance are the opinions of 6 bloggers who don't even make any money on their musical blogging? Besides, who are these 6 bloggers, anyway? Care to link to their blog entries?

Very interesting that (anonymous) professional and semi-professional critics devoted time to analyze a performance that placed 17th.
Funny that you'd call them "anonymous" when you have yet to name your own sources. And of course they'd analyze the performance. It's their job (for which they are paid) to analyze every entry in the Eurovision Song Contest each year.

MY POINT. Albania was a more "serious" entry (although I prefer France 2010 to it) and perceived as more serious.
Why should that matter? You can be a "serious" entry without actually being good.

Okay, so "it's a package" now? Not "song quality". Decide on one version please.
I never said that the juries are instructed to look only at song quality. Song quality is a pretty big deal for the juries, though.

Please define how someone's vocals could be almost flawless but not be professional?
You call Kejsi Stola's vocals almost flawless? Also, your vocals can be technically good without being professionally good. Listen to Kejsi Stola's live performance without the video feed. It's pretty flat and inflection-less, not necessarily due to her own limitation but also potentially due to how the song was written. It's quite monotonous.

How was Hadise professional when you could here her breath throughout the performance and she wasn't even a good dancer?
At least she had charisma. She looked into the cameras at the right time and connected with the audience. Also, her song was harder to sing than Kejsi's (except for high notes, but that's another issue).

And what did Kejsi do when it came to choreogaphy? Dip and sway a bit.

I'm referring to their comments which came from watching the 2nd Dress Rehearsal on the Press Arena.
So... unconfirmed secondary conjecture. And these bloggers actually went back and said that Kejsi was better during the 2nd dress rehearsal than live? Or do you just assume they think so because they praised Kejsi's 2nd dress rehearsal performance?

SUBJECTIVE CONJECTURE.
Only the "strange" parts. The song is monotonous. The bridge is low (harmonically).

And the songs' studio version appeal makes it enough for juries to bump it up so high that it ends up finishing ahead of entries like ESTONIA, United Kingdom and Bosnia on the final scoreboard?
"Thunder and Lightning" was bland entry with mediocre vocals and an uninteresting stage show (in my opinion). I can see why the juries didn't really like it. What was so special about he CD version, anyway? It's not like it went on to do well outside of Eurovision, either.

Also, there's a huge flaw in your argument in that the juries rated Estonia and the United Kingdom higher than Turkey. In fact, they gave the United Kingdom almost twice as many points as they gave Turkey.

The job of the juries is not to penalize entries they think will get a lot of diaspora or block votes but to give entries a normalized score according to how they think their countries woul vote were it not for diaspora or block voting.

The only way or the juries to prevent Turkey from placing ahead of Estonia and the United Kingdom in 2009 would've been for them to subtract a bajillion points from "Düm Tek Tek" simply for being from Turkey.

Once again, you've misunderstood me. For me, Ukraine should've been 1st on the jury scoreboard in the semifinal.
Really? "Sweet People" ahead of "Me and My Guitar" and "Satellite"? Whatever. I guess the juries aren't doing their jobs because they don't agree with your every opinion.

I think that the juries should serve as a logical/traditional mechanism which distinguishes legitimate, live performances and rewards them while allowing the public to vote for entries like "Pirates of the Sea" or "Dum tek tek", the type they've always voted for.
Except they already are that with the special provision that voting forth good songs is more important than voting forth good vocalists (but being a good vocalist certainly helps).

HeadsWillRoll

Oh god, did you even read what I wrote? I don't want to keep discussing with you anymore. Just wanna point out some "little mistakes" you've made on your post to illustrate how attentive you are to a discussion.

1. Thunder and lightning was Bosnia's entry in 2010 in OSLO. Not in MOSCOW. Regina represented Bosnia in 2009. Get your facts straight.
2. The juries by giving a lot of points to Turkey directly impacted Estonia's and UK's placing. That's what I was implying. Unlike you, I check facts before writing them down. I know the juries alone awarded more points to Estonia and the UK. But they still affected their placement by giving bland Turkey lots of points.

DELETED BY AN ADMIN. Personal attacks are prohibited.

FallenAngelII

1. Thunder and lightning was Bosnia's entry in 2010 in OSLO. Not in MOSCOW. Regina represented Bosnia in 2009. Get your facts straight.
I apologize for not remembering every single Bosnian entry in recent history and what year they were part of. I personally think Bosnia's entry was better than Turkey's, but I can see why the juries would rank them lower.

2. The juries by giving a lot of points to Turkey directly impacted Estonia's and UK's placing. That's what I was implying.
And I said that the only way for the jury to not do that would've been for them to penalize Turkey by giving them zero to no points to "counter-act" the points of the televoters. The juries are to give each entry the points they "deserve" without any adherence to diaspora and block voting.

Unless they're gonna stat penalizing Turkey even when Turkey's got decent entries, the juries cannot prevent their points from combining with those of the televoters' and giving Turkey a higher position than those of the juries' favourites.

Last year, the juries favoured Tom Dice over maNga, yet manGa got 2nd while Tom Dice got 6th.

Unlike you, I check facts before writing them down. I know the juries alone awarded more points to Estonia and the UK. But they still affected their placement by giving bland Turkey lots of points.
And I explained how faulty that thinking is.

3. I was talking about "Sweet People" being first in the second SEMIFINAL
I misread. I apologize. I still stand by my statement. It's easy to understand why the Ukraine would be ranked lower than 1st.

Top Bottom