Contact us

Jury switching thread

WorldVision

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Do-you-want-to-sw-itch-jury.png

Switching juries is not essential - you can remain in your current chosen country/region but if you want to switch the jury, you can do it once you have taken part 3 editions in one jury.

YOU CAN NOW MOVE FOR WV183 & 184
any moves made for later editions will not count

If you wish to switch the jury, you should reply to this thread with the following information:

Current WorldVision country/region:
New WorldVision country/region:

NOTE: be sure your switch follows The Rules

Changes from WV183
Tinchey | Cote D'ivoire ➟ :dz: Algeria
John1 | :lu: Luxembourg ➟ ::brit Brittany
NikolaiMoller | :rs: Serbia ➟ :mk: North Macedonia

Changes from WV184
Arion | ::sudo Sudogwon ➟ ::queb Quebec
iowacorn | ::nswa New South Wales ➟ ::berl Berlin
hjarnskakning | :marm: Marmara ➟ :eg: Egypt
Nelisa | :za: South Africa ➟ Mazovia
Amir | :es: Spain ➟ :il: Israel

Countries and their respective regions that can currently NOT be taken because the limit of the regions has been reached:

Last edited by a moderator:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Current WorldVision country/region: OP
New WorldVision country/region: :pt: Portugal

Unfortunately your invitation only lasted for the duration of the previous edition, it's not a flat out invite going forward. This also applies to Arion who was also invited back last edition.

DanielLuis

Unfortunately your invitation only lasted for the duration of the previous edition, it's not a flat out invite going forward. This also applies to Arion who was also invited back last edition.

Oh. Well, since in the PM it was said that we were not obligated to join WV 125 I thought I was free to confirm my country during the break between WV 125-126. I didn't know that I had to confirm my region during the duration of WV125, since there isn't any deadline given in the rules (it only mentions "In case the member doesn't confirm before deadline of confirmation period, they will be removed from the OP list and the spot given to the next available person on that list." but it doesn't actually mention how long that deadline and confirmation period is), and since no deadline was stated anywhere in the PM either. I would have confirmed my region earlier, but I have been having troubles connecting to the forum and to the ESC United page in general in the past couple of weeks.

Either way, I asked if I could reserve my country for WV 126 during the run of WV 125 and no one replied anything to that, despite the message being read by the mod team, so I guess a warning that I actually specifically had to reserve my place during WV125 would have been nice.

So now I have to join the OP again?

Arion

Literally what Daniel said. The message we got said that we are not obligated to join the 125 edition. And we both said that we would like to observe that edition too before joining. So like, what's the sitch?
Why did you said that we are not obiligated to join this particular edition if now we're not able to join next one????

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I've just gone back and saw your 2 replies. I personally apologise for that, I never saw either of your PMs in order to reply and clarify. As it's my job personally no other mod replied. The top of this thread does state you can move for 126 and 127 (last edition 125 & 126) so you didn't have to wait until this edition to post your move. That said, under them circumstances both of you can still sign up now and join for 126. (That's @DanielLuis & @Arion). So you understand you had a 1 edition grace period to make your choice, so you were not forced into making your choice within 5 days, hence the no obligation. You wont be penalised if either of you don't send an entry this edition under the circumstances, but if you haven't posted your move by the end of 126 the invitation will no longer stand.

Ausesken

Am I correct in that I can reserve for 127 now?

New WorldVision country/region: :in:
No, not yet. You will receive a PM when you can do it.

Maybe this way will be more clear:
1. You join the WL (2 editions)
2. After 2 editions, you get the invitation to join through a PM
3. Then you have two options:
- Join straight away during the confirmation period
- Reserve a country or region to join the next edition. You can do this during all the current edition.
4. If you haven’t done anything and the edition ends, your invitation expires.

Aditya

No, not yet. You will receive a PM when you can do it.

Maybe this way will be more clear:
1. You join the WL (2 editions)
2. After 2 editions, you get the invitation to join through a PM
3. Then you have two options:
- Join straight away during the confirmation period
- Reserve a country or region to join the next edition. You can do this during all the current edition.
4. If you haven’t done anything and the edition ends, your invitation expires.
Oh I see, thank you for the clarification! :)

JSSArcos

I've seen that it's not in the list anymore so I guess I'm going with this.

New WorldVision country/region: :au: Australia

Welcome !!!!
To start with Australia xheat I’m very excited to know what you’re sending :unsure:

Good luck

DanielLuis

I've just gone back and saw your 2 replies. I personally apologise for that, I never saw either of your PMs in order to reply and clarify. As it's my job personally no other mod replied. The top of this thread does state you can move for 126 and 127 (last edition 125 & 126) so you didn't have to wait until this edition to post your move. That said, under them circumstances both of you can still sign up now and join for 126. (That's @DanielLuis & @Arion). So you understand you had a 1 edition grace period to make your choice, so you were not forced into making your choice within 5 days, hence the no obligation. You wont be penalised if either of you don't send an entry this edition under the circumstances, but if you haven't posted your move by the end of 126 the invitation will no longer stand.
Yeah, we don't know what happened with that conversation, but in any case, the mod team accepts the responsibility for that.
Hopefully now it's clear how the invitation works (y)

Oof I'm sorry I initially quoted this without replying :lol:
Just wanted to thank you both for understanding the situation and for clarifying the rules! And I'm sorry for my part on the ordeal!
I confirm my move to Portugal in WV 126 :p

Last edited:

Uto

Veteran
From WV128

Current WorldVision country/region: :co:
New WorldVision country/region: :es:
How do you expect me to guess your hints if you're going to do me like this...?

Uto

Veteran
But the hint is for 127, I change jury in 128 :lol:
Ah yes, I'm used to OM where after each edition you'll find some people mixing things up and you don't have these things called rules.

Top Bottom