Contact us

JESC: Malta 2016

EscGeek

Veteran

EscGeek

Veteran
I declare :am: as my personal winner xmusic

3rd consecutive year when a girls duo won my heart (first Maša & Lejla, then Ivana & Magdalena and now Anahit & Mary):eek:

Schlagerman1

So after listening through this years selection for JESC, I think it seems to be a pretty good year. Here is my ranking with some comments:

1. :ru: - Absolutely stunning, It will need a total jury-meltdown if this masterpiece doesn't win. xheart
2. :am: - If Beyoncé and Mariah Carey ever did a pop-duet sometime, this would be the one. Super entertainment by two amazing singers!
3. :al: - Touching and meaningful song, a mix between Suus and Molitva, must do well!
4. :it: - Really nice, still classic Italian ballad, me like it a lot!
5. :rs: - Fun, easy to sing-a-long to, Makes me longing for summer. :D
6. :mk: - Good strong chorus, feels like a song that could be a summerhit anywhere. But don't do the usual mistake by making the singer too grown-up; Sweden and Macedonia does that ALL THE TIME, that is why we fail so often...
7. :bg: - Good feel-good uptempo with a slight 90s feeling a la "Torn". Can totally see this do top 5.
8. :cy: - If I was about 12-13 years younger and openly gay, this guy would be the crush of the century. :oops: Think the song is rather cool too.
9. :ua: - A style of song that I usually like, but I believe there are better ones in this edition.
10. :mt: - Cute...but thats about that.
11. :by: - Quite catchy, but also very old-school JESC.
12. :au: - Not bad, just not my cup of tea.
13. :nl: - Catchy, but pretty plain.
14. :pl: - Typical ballad where the polish language feels out of place. Expecting this to get lost and Poland end in the bottom places again...
15. :ge: - Weakest Georgian song ever in JESC, feels pointless, but will do rather well I believe.
16. :il: - Feels like a song for Eurovision 1993...in a bad way...
17. :ie: - I'm sorry, but I just can't stand her voice...and the song doesn't help her either. :(

A prediction on the top 5:
1. :ru:
2. :am:
3. :bg:
4. :al:
5. :it:

Since it is on a sunday this year, I believe I will be able to watch it live this year. :)

AlekS

Veteran
This is the 1st year when our entry is co-funded by the government (usually it's done by charity funds & parents themselves).
And only because her parents have no money... which brings the logical question "what the f*** you were thinking when you entered the NF?" :lol:

ps. This is the 1st year when I dislike all the entries :oops:
Gonna cheer for Italy, I guess.

Ringdalen

I got to say that I think the quaily of the songs is very high and I even love some of the songs. xheart xyaay xbow I hope Australia or Italy takes the win. :D

Btw who else is watching the opening ceremony? What do you all think about the opening show and the draw? :D

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Macedonia is by far and away the best song and is probably the most promising JESC studio version since Zo Verliefd (still angry about that not winning), in fact I'd go as far to say it would have a chance of winning Eurovision itself. I will not understand it at all if it doesn't storm to victory.

Ukraine is ok too.

neinnein

Compared to the last two editions, I find this year rather weak. :? I only like Albania, Ukraine and Russia.

DanielLuis

I think the quality of the songs this year is really really good. I can see almost any of the 17 countries potentially winning. It will definitely be a very exciting show.
Still, I have 5 songs I think are a little better then the rest: Macedonia, Russia, Malta, Bulgaria and Albania, who will suprisingly all follow each other in the running order draw. I don't know what was in PBS's head putting these 5 songs all in a row!

AlekS

Veteran
I predict the bottom 5 for us.

Ukrainian jury is ready and it's damn cold there (whose brilliant idea was to make it in the studio?) :lol:
6iKATOS.jpg

let's get started bishez :mrgreen:

EscGeek

Veteran
Here it comes! Hopefully I'll upload my top 17 after the show ends xcheer

edit: wow three likes already...you must really idolize me :cool:

Yazy

Not really impressed by this year´s songs. I only like Italy. It sounds very genuine and from the heart. Everything else just doesn´t move me at all. Not even the dance entries sound addictive.

I do like the small stage that they have this year. It kinda reminds me on the good old JESC stage from 2003.

EDIT: Okay, after seeing this recap, I definitely like this change that they made in terms of stage. The song performances look so simplistic just like back in those old years. Also, there is not too much overused camera angles. This definitely "feels" like JESC with more tame and childish atmosphere.

Top Bottom