Contact us

JESC 2022

Romeo

UK, Netherland, Kazakhstan, or possibly Georgia will win I think

Personally my favourites are; UK, Netherlands, Ireland, Spain

Romeo

Any idea when the album is out? Last year it was 15 days before the contest and this year we are 12 days away and still nothing?

shameless

I assume they avoided to ask the earlier winners to come so that it wouldn't be too obvious to snub the russian and belarussian winners. The sole ukrainian winner is also missing as is Roksana Wegiel (to my surprise).

AlekS

Veteran
^ The sole Ukrainian winner moved to Russia many years ago and is close to Kirkorov :sick:
Her sister became a meme (in a bad way) on Vidbir for bitching with the jurors :LOL:

Roxie declined and said she's got contract obligations at another event.

shameless

^ The sole Ukrainian winner moved to Russia many years ago and is close to Kirkorov :sick:
Her sister became a meme (in a bad way) on Vidbir for bitching with the jurors :LOL:

Roxie declined and said she's got contract obligations at another event.
Thank you for the info. Now the Petryks seem like a very sympatic family...not. :sneaky:

Bobjan FR

Netherlands is 01
Armenia is 15
Ukraine is 16

This is exactly the Worst draw i could imagine for me :') ( and Ukraine will do top 5, and people will Say it's deserved)

Complète running order :

Netherlands
Poland
Kazakhstan
Malta
Italy
France
Albania
Géorgia
Irlande
North Macedonia
Spain
United kingdom
Portugal
Serbia
Armenia
Ukraine

Last edited:

12Pointsgoto.....

Ukraine is now a serious contender to win, because the revamp was a game changer and being last in the running order with that message will get them a lot of point. I'm sure that Ukraine will win the televote by a lot, especially due to the system that is used. Ukraine has grown on me by a lot and I love it, though I do think that this running order takes away from a lot of songs. We are lucky that most people who watch Junior Eurovision are eurovision fans and that the running order won't affect the results too much. I am worried about georgia and ireland, being stuck in the middle next to eachother.

Bobjan FR

I think Armenia will win the public vote, and by a lot, pushed by a mass vote From armenians themselves. For the juries, no Idea.

And Ukraine Can Come second in public vote, and have as well a good result in jury vote.... And win ?

AlekS

Veteran
We won't win, but as much as I disliked this song in the beginning, I must admit PBC has worked the hell out of it.
The camera work looks awesome, here's 1 shot for example:
lVyLeq2.jpg

I've seen few other things & I'm gonna like our staging even more than last year. Unlike Olena, she doesn't look older than she is on video. I'm still not a fond of the song.

Last edited:

Kam2

We won't win, but as much as I disliked this song in the beginning, I must admit PBC Lucky cat production(ФОП Єрьомін) has worked the hell out of it.
Fixed it for you. UA:Kultura doesn’t care, judging by Junior Vidbir “production“, and just pays them to handle JESC.
PBC Did Krasnovetska and Ivanko, but in 2018 there was Ruslan Gorodnychyi (STB’s head of production 2004-2016) as general producer of entertainment department supervising Medvedev, before Lodygin appeared on managing board in 2019 and started “optimizing” Ruslan from the broadcaster.

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Part of the UK stand in rehearsal.

The stage looks sooo good.

AlekS

Veteran
Fixed it for you. UA:Kultura doesn’t care, judging by Junior Vidbir “production“, and just pays them to handle JESC.
PBC Did Krasnovetska and Ivanko, but in 2018 there was Ruslan Gorodnychyi (STB’s head of production 2004-2016) as general producer of entertainment department supervising Medvedev, before Lodygin appeared on managing board in 2019 and started “optimizing” Ruslan from the broadcaster.
If they're being paid to produce something for PBC, I'm going to treat them as a part of PBC team.

The stage looks sooo good.
At first I was afraid that kids would look too tiny and the stage would be too big, but it will look great on camera/broadcast xbow
ps. Thought that stand-ins rehearse with the dancers.

Last edited:

hijirio

Veteran
Ukraine has this in the bag (for obvious reasons)

I think Georgia will do very well too. UK will finish around 5-6th provided she has no dancers and live voice is mediocre.

And OMG WHAT A STAGE! Bravo ARMENIA!! xclap
Italy 2022 could only wish.

StephenMuckle

Ukraine has this in the bag (for obvious reasons)

I think Georgia will do very well too. UK will finish around 5-6th provided she has no dancers and live voice is mediocre.

And OMG WHAT A STAGE! Bravo ARMENIA!! xclap
Italy 2022 could only wish.

Personally I think the wait for a first Adult/Junior Eurovision double will continue a bit longer. If anything an Armenia two in a row is more likely. I think it's between them, UK, Georgia and I would not even write off the Netherlands. Their song, already one of the top favourites is actually the perfect song to start with so I don't think their running order spot will hurt them. It could even boost them.

hijirio

Veteran
Personally I think the wait for a first Adult/Junior Eurovision double will continue a bit longer. If anything an Armenia two in a row is more likely. I think it's between them, UK, Georgia and I would not even write off the Netherlands. Their song, already one of the top favourites is actually the perfect song to start with so I don't think their running order spot will hurt them. It could even boost them.
I just watched the UK rehearsal and it seems very promising, I'm not ruling out a UK victory anymore. Ukraine is the only rival for the time being.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
At first I was afraid that kids would look too tiny and the stage would be too big, but it will look great on camera/broadcast xbow
ps. Thought that stand-ins rehearse with the dancers.

Yeah there is always the worry they'd look drowned on stage. Although I usually like the big stages with LEDs etc. With the right camera angles it seems to be just fine.

A lot of these pictures look really good, the level of professionalism and quality going into these performances has really increased it seems. As well as the song quality. Looking forward to seeing the rehearsal clips now.

12Pointsgoto.....

My top 8 rehearsals:

8. Portugal
I am especially disappointed in his vocals, which were more than just shaky. It felt like he was forcing the rasp and that he was shouting throughout the entire clip. It didn't feel like he was comfortable at all singing in this way and the staging itself isn't too special either. I see this is as the last placer, especially since Albania's vocals are miles ahead.
7. North Macedonia
This is one of my favourite songs, but the staging is way too camp. They should have brought on the umbrella's and staged it more like a story, just like the music video. Instead we have Irina and Jovan trying to keep up with the choreography, and while there are no mess ups in the choreo, you can tell that the dancers are barely holding it together with the dancing. The choreography doesn't look amazing either and it isn't worth all the hardwork. The vocals are slightly shaky, but nothing that you can't fix and there are still more rehearsals for that.
6. Italy
This isn't especially amazing or bad, I actually quite like the dancing, but the level this year is very high so that is why Italy is in sixth. Vocals are good, staging is good, song is also quite good and has been growing on me, so I think that this will do fine.
5. Albania
The lights look great and her vocals are flawless. I can see juries respecting the vocal performance and pulling her out of the bottom 3. The chances of this coming last are very slim and I can see it doing semi well.
4. Poland
I am not a big fan of the song, but the staging fits it quite well. It is a typical polish staging, reminding me a bit of Jesc Poland 2020. This is going to be 11-8 in the final ranking, with coming top 4 in the online voting due to polish diaspora.
3. Ukraine
The staging looks amazing and we know from the national final that Zlata can sing. I hope that there will be times in the song where the stage is a bit darker and that there is a bit more spotlight work, like in Vazhil. I am pretty sure that this will come top 5.
2. Malta
I don't like the song, but I cannot lie that the staging is exceptional. Gaia has a lot more energy than the music video and the background visuals help portray the theme which is communications. I still don't believe that this will come very high.
1. Serbia
This is by far my favourite rehearsal of the day. The vocals are flawless and the staging is immaculate. We cannot see too much yet from the clip but I definitely see serbia as a dark horse.

Top Bottom