Contact us

JESC 2020

Kam2

:ua: Stas Medvedev(head of entertainment department at PBC) wrote on his Facebook that Oleksandr Bratkovsky, who was previously announced as art director of our entry, will be working in tandem with Kostiantyn Tomilchenko(Vidbir 2016 art director),
His previous ESC related work, in addition to working with Bratkovsky on Jamala, Melovin and Chingiz stagings include:

EscGeek

Veteran
Any news on Armenia? The wikipedia page hasn't even been created...:unsure:

Realest

The Votingsystem will stay the same.

HayashiM

Veteran

Valentina has a little less energy than Carla, but I still find J'imagine to be pretty decent in this aspect. Plus her song is perhaps better targeted at the JESC audience. It is nowhere close to my 2019's top 5, but it certainly is one of the better songs this year, if not the best.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Agree, it's easily my least favorite French entry, but it's a lock in my top 5 (and can stay in my top 3 if either Armenia or Georgia slip up).

I need the last two songs to be great, otherwise, this will be the first year since 2006 where there is not a single song I love (and at least in 2006 there is nothing I dislike either xcrazy).

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
J'imagine is more basic than Bim Bam Toi, but I find it less annoying. Valentina's voice is a little too high for my taste, has less personality than Carla's and the song has not enough variations but it's a pretty decent entry overall.
Lyric-wise, they're my favorite since our return, they're less childish. I know we're talking about Junior ESC, but in our last entries they could be kinda cringe.

blue00eyes

Such a dull contest this year.. without audience and all. No clear favourite, maybe Spain but for me it's annoying as hell. Impatiently waiting for :am: to slay

Romeo

So you can vote for your own country again... I would like to congratulate Poland in advance! Which city will TVP decide will be the host of 2021?

Kam2

congratulate Poland in advance!
Well that will depend on how many of Oleksandr’s Instagram followers/Facebook friends like :kz: 2018,:ru:&:by: 2016, :ua: 2015-2019 and 2/3 of the Voice kids Ukraine will decide to lend him their fan bases during the voting period, as well as what Eurovision 2016 winning art directors will do on stage for the lead actor of their musical.

AlekS

Veteran
:es: Most def Spain will apply for hosting JESC 2021.

Well that will depend on how many of Oleksandr’s Instagram followers...
All 8500 of them xrollinglolBeware, Poland!
Anyway, not impressed by the whole package so far. This will be a success if he enters the top 8.

Kam2

Beware, Poland!
After seeing the snippets of the rehearsal footage that Suspilne Eurovision very briefly leaked in their stories on nov. 1, before deleting them at EBU request, and hearing how ADAM revamped the chorus for the stage version of the song, I say yes beware Poland. I think we are going top 3 finish at worst and I won’t be writing off the possibility of :ru: 2017 like mathematical victory just yet.

Kam2

Nah jury will hate poor attempt into rap in the middle of the song and won’t let that awfully overhyped Melodifestivalen 2003 reject any higher than 6th especially considering that Ariana, judging by her national selection performances, has KAZKA like problems performing her songs live and risks repeating Malta’s last years ‘success’.
IMO This year it will be between Poland (because poles, although it will be unfair to Alicja Rega who flopped with a better song ), Ukraine (Juries), or France (Kids United)

hijirio

Veteran
What's wrong with this year? A plague is taking the world by storm and already all songs are competing to be the biggest pillowfest. Spain has a great advantage at this point, Kazakhstan and Belarus are decent ballads, and the rest are so similarly boring that I cannot even rank them lol.

Top Bottom