Contact us

JESC 2020

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Finally caught up on JESC

................and I wish I didn't because I hate everything :lol: the Spanish snippet was the only thing that gave me quite some hype. The Netherlands is my second place at this moment and I HATE the chorus, the harmonies are off and it wouldn't be near my top 10 in other years. It kind of has potential, I guess?

Soneome please help

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
For now :ua: is my favorite by far, it has everything I need. Next could be :es: but tbh I'm not really impressed by this year's selection overall.

FRFanESC

Finally caught up on JESC

................and I wish I didn't because I hate everything :lol: the Spanish snippet was the only thing that gave me quite some hype. The Netherlands is my second place at this moment and I HATE the chorus, the harmonies are off and it wouldn't be near my top 10 in other years. It kind of has potential, I guess?

Soneome please help
It is your first time on JESC ? If yes, you should rather take a look at 2019 which was a very good year, I think, with a lot of songs that could have made it to the top 10 in the Real ESC (like Poland, Spain, France, North Macedonia, Armenia)

Last edited:

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
It is first time on JESC ? If yes, you should rather take a look at 2019 which was a very good year, I think, with a lot of songs that could have made it to the top 10 in the Real ESC (like Poland, Spain, France, North Macedonia, Armenia)
Not really, I've been watching since jesc 2017 and already watched the previous editions. It's just not for me (I'm not fond of 2019 either but there were songs I truly loved there at least). My favorite years are 2011 and 2014 (2014 could have been my ultimate fave as I like most of the entries and my all time jesc favorite aka :cy: 2014 is from there but of course one of my least if not my all time least favorite jesc entry had to win that edition xcry)

Mainshow

Veteran

This is really good, modern and well-produced. I'm actually shocked how good this is! I haven't heard anything close to it coming from Spain in the adult version of the contest.

AlekS

Veteran
The hosts:

LlqsYLR.jpg

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
France will be represented by Valentina, 11 yo girl that participated in the 2017 edition of The Voice but didn't get past the blind auditions, she's in the Kids United right now. Song will be revealed later.

I'm not overjoyed by the decision, I think she's a bit too young and I'm pretty sure we can expect a ballad. I'll dig more videos of her later because I have this thing called class ongoing right now.

Looren

Veteran
Good song for Belarus, the singer has a nice voice and the song is interesting !

Well I'm really happy that we have so much ballads

ory26

I'm not overjoyed by the decision, I think she's a bit too young and I'm pretty sure we can expect a ballad. I'll dig more videos of her later because I have this thing called class ongoing right now.

I don't think it's a ballad because Alexandra Redde-Amiel (HoD) made an interview for 20 minutes, and she gives some clues about the song:

https://www.20minutes.fr/arts-stars...020-valentina-kids-united-representera-france

"The song will be a very positive title which will allow us to imagine ourselves in a world of tomorrow full of joy and life."
"The staging will be like the ones of Angelina and Carla, joyfull and punchy."

FRFanESC

France will be represented by Valentina, 11 yo girl that participated in the 2017 edition of The Voice but didn't get past the blind auditions, she's in the Kids United right now. Song will be revealed later.

It won't be a ballad if you look at the words our HoD used to describe the song.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I don't think it's a ballad because Alexandra Redde-Amiel (HoD) made an interview for 20 minutes, and she gives some clues about the song:

https://www.20minutes.fr/arts-stars...020-valentina-kids-united-representera-france

"The song will be a very positive title which will allow us to imagine ourselves in a world of tomorrow full of joy and life."
"The staging will be like the ones of Angelina and Carla, joyfull and punchy."
Mea culpa then, I didn't see Redde-Amiel's interview, glad to see it will more or less follow the lines of what Angelina started. It's the right way to go for France.

FRFanESC

Mea culpa then, I didn't see Redde-Amiel's interview, glad to see it will more or less follow the lines of what Angelina started. It's the right way to go for France.
The song was composed by Barbara Pravi and Igit, they already worked together on two bops, "Bim Bam Toi" by Carla, obviously, and "Maman me dit" by Angélina. I absolutely wanted them to come back together to work on a new bop with french sounds and it looks like that's what we will get. 🔥

AlekS

Veteran
:ua: The staging will be created by the art director who had previously worked on such Eurovision entries: Ukraine 2016 & 2018, Azerbaijan 2019.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
:es: xheat i have a feeling the performance will be a mess, but easily the best song so far
:by: the rap xheat the rest of the song is just nice, but just nice is enough for a good placement in my ranking
:rs: congrats on outsveting svet

:fr: what a blessed name xheat can't wait for it to be in my top 3 again

Kam2

:ua: The staging will be created by the art director who had previously worked on such Eurovision entries: Ukraine 2016 & 2018, Azerbaijan 2019.
Just as I expected Balabanov brought Starlightmedia on board after leading their Tomilchenko-Bratkovskiy directed Winterra stage show for two years.
At this point I won’t be surprised if STB signs a new memorandum now with JESC co-broadcast rights included sometime at the start of November, and promotes their child actor harder than Elina.

Top Bottom