Contact us

JESC 2020

lilka

Gdańsk, Poznań, Kraków, but not necessarily Warsaw.

randajad

Veteran
Wrong thread, but looking forward the next edition, but I think it won’t be in Poland for some reason. :mrgreen:

Mainshow

Veteran
Wrong thread, but looking forward the next edition, but I think it won’t be in Poland for some reason. :mrgreen:

Why?

The JESC this year was the first JESC without any international help in terms of organising the event within the last 5 years and they did a wonderful job. The LED was incredible (EBU even thanked TVP), the stage looked fresh and modern & the voting procedure didn't have any errors. The postcards were lovely, too.
Personally, I think that TVP proved that they are able to host a big event like Eurovision and that they are able to bring in something original and new instead of relying on Swedish or German producers.

Mainshow

Veteran
Since Poland won again and IF it's going to be hosted in Poland again, I hope that Germany finally debuts (since we are observing the contest for a while now) and that the Czech Republic will finally debut as well (I mean, it's the neighbouring country).
Slovakia and Hungary should change their minds as well. I need all of my Visegrad buddies in a Eurovision event!

randajad

Veteran
Why?

The JESC this year was the first JESC without any international help in terms of organising the event within the last 5 years and they did a wonderful job. The LED was incredible (EBU even thanked TVP), the stage looked fresh and modern & the voting procedure didn't have any errors. The postcards were lovely, too.
Personally, I think that TVP proved that they are able to host a big event like Eurovision and that they are able to bring in something original and new instead of relying on Swedish or German producers.
No particular reason, just felt that EBU would change the host. :lol: The show was fantastic, I really enjoyed it, very professional and it felt like the og ESC. I think Belarus did great job as well last year.

Mainshow

Veteran
No particular reason, just felt that EBU would change the host. :lol: The show was fantastic, I really enjoyed it, very professional and it felt like the og ESC. I think Belarus did great job as well last year.

That's fair enough ;)

Actually, I don't mind TVP giving other broadcasters the opportunity to host the event but after seeing tonight's show, I wouldn't be afraid of Poland winning ESC soon (even though they need to look for better hosts) :D

simonPL

President of TVP said that they are going to send their application, but this is unwonted situation, so he is not sure if Poland will be a host second year in a row, and it's an EBU's decision.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
I feel like Scotland and Germany will make their debut next year.

Be interesting to see if there is any renewed UK interest and what that could mean for Wales/Scotland.

Realest

Hopefullly :de: debuts, so 81 Million Germans can rig the Onlinevoting.

simonPL

I keep my fingers crossed for you, neighbour! :mrgreen: This burden is soooo painful, we can pass it to you.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
An even bolder prediction: Poland DOENS'T win :-)

Alaska49

i really want poland to host again, they did an incredible job. i wouldn't mind if they won again if it's as competent as roxie and viki, too. an ireland streak that isn't absolute garbage like ireland's? why not???

Top Bottom