Contact us

JESC 2017

EscGeek

Veteran
[MENTION=6762]DanielLuis[/MENTION]

Sooooo what does Mariana think of Russia's victory? :twisted:

Realest

Because Russia were unable to participate

No, thats not the truth. Only Criminals were unable ;)

the broadcasting country should provide all participants “the opportunity to obtain an entry visa for the entire period of the event.”

And the more important law says that noone is allowed to enter ukraine who breaks the crimealaw. Also it was the ukrainian government and not the broadcaster who prevented Juliya. The Cultureminister said that the law wont make an exception for the ESC in Septembre (!!!). EBU didnt intervene, implying that they agreed with the decision and wanting russia to follow. Otherwise they could take away ukrainians right to host right in time.

Therefore It's a kick in the balls to those who allowed Ukraine to get their own way and break rules

I dont feel ballkicked and Congratulate Polina for her deserved Victory.

DanielLuis

[MENTION=6762]DanielLuis[/MENTION]

Sooooo what does Mariana think of Russia's victory? :twisted:

I don't know, I can't wait to hear her opinion :lol:

I personally think it was a very good winner, the song is definitely high quality and the girl can sing.

Realest

But now lets better stay ontopic

-Its very interesting to see that Russia won thanks to the Juries, and that Malta, the most juryfriendly Country in Europe was pulled down from 2nd to 9th Place by them.

- The TV wasnt as equalized as I feared (35 to 112 Points), but I still think that Juries had a bit too much power. Maybe the Onlinevote should count twice to make it a bit more fair.

- Hopefully Germany participates some year, although It wont happen.

Romeo

No, thats not the truth. Only Criminals were unable ;)

And the more important law says that noone is allowed to enter ukraine who breaks the crimealaw. Also it was the ukrainian government and not the broadcaster who prevented Juliya. The Cultureminister said that the law wont make an exception for the ESC in Septembre (!!!). EBU didnt intervene, implying that they agreed with the decision and wanting russia to follow. Otherwise they could take away ukrainians right to host right in time.

I dont feel ballkicked and Congratulate Polina for her deserved Victory.

That's delightful

Pawhlen

But now lets better stay ontopic

-Its very interesting to see that Russia won thanks to the Juries, and that Malta, the most juryfriendly Country in Europe was pulled down from 2nd to 9th Place by them.

- The TV wasnt as equalized as I feared (35 to 112 Points), but I still think that Juries had a bit too much power. Maybe the Onlinevote should count twice to make it a bit more fair.

- Hopefully Germany participates some year, although It wont happen.

I thought it was we that had that hate against us, but you see, no country is safe to get many jury Points, if we end up sending a song disliked by the IJ, it´s very likely that the juries in the actual adult ESC will dislike it too (remember 2010) but back to ontopic

I can´t withstand wondering if those russians in here that schouted it was unfair voting system last year in Stockholm have the same opinion now :roll:

[MENTION=6762]DanielLuis[/MENTION] They hosts said that each jury had 5 members, Three adults and two Children aged 8-15.

I wonder if EBU will release the actual voting figures for the online voting, I´m pretty sure they have them sorted in which country every vote came from (since you could vote on your own country, it´s pretty sure that many of these votes are from "own fans")

If this online voting system shall be used in ESC in the near feature, it needs:

- Better security (like validation code or something simular)
- You can´t vote for your own country if it participates (To prevent people trying to connect to different IP-adresses for other countries, all that persons vote can become invalid if they do so)
- Much much more better servers

Realest

I thought it was we that had that hate against us,

Frans was only 9th which is way too low considering the huge success his song had, so I wouldnt call Sweden the most Juryfriendly Country only because Mans and both Robins was helped by them.

Pawhlen

Frans was only 9th which is way too low considering the huge success his song had, so I wouldnt call Sweden the most Juryfriendly Country only because Mans and both Robins was helped by them.

It´s really nice to know that it exists people who can think ;)

I´m pretty tired of those claiming that ":se: is always high among the juries, they don´t dare ranking them low" and so on.

Alaska49

incredible contest, most songs were amazing, lizi pop as a host is my everything, serbia is probably my favourite JESC entry of all times, russia was a really good winner and sofia fisenko was avenged

the online voting was a disgraceful shitshow though and it must never happen again lest JESC and even ESC become melfest

AlekS

Veteran
Because Russia were unable to participate because Ukraine broke Eurovision rules: the broadcasting country should provide all participants “the opportunity to obtain an entry visa for the entire period of the event.”

Therefore It's a kick in the balls to those who allowed Ukraine to get their own way and break rules
It's a kick in your balls it seems because we have no visa regime with Russia thus this rule doesn't work :lol:
And of course Samoylova urging Russia to invade my country should have worried you more.
Any public persona who urges to attack Ukraine won't be allowed to cross our borders. Such laws exist in Israel, USA and in... yes, Russia :lol:
Polina is a sweet girl and I haven't noticed her making political statements about Georgia before the contest.

AlekS

Veteran
The online voting thingie... I expected worse different results. Voting for your own country is a mess. The voting crashed which made all the things even messier :lol:
Interesting that Ukrainian & Russian juries exchanged points. So it's not that political :rolleyes:
Imho, Polina looked too adult and her energy was a lil' bit aggressive but I can't deny that she's talented. She was 8th in my personal ranking though. I liked Poland, Italy & Portugal.

Lord knows how hard I've been facepalming since I found out that UA:pBC are goinng to use a tree again xrofl3 Thankfully it looked like something else in this romantic key but I wanted something different.

aletem

I really think :mk: suffers from a Stockholm Syndrome. If by now, with yet again 12th place, didn't ring a bell about the contests, then it never will. And I heard Masevski, the composer of the song "Dancing through life" and "Love will lead our way", said that: "we did everything right, we just have no luck". It's more than luck. You have to pay the juries in order to do well in both contests. And second, you are not Australia. The jury results, pretty terrible (with Ireland and Cyprus completely ignored), reflected this by putting Georgia first (I see that they are hovering this junior contest, as they are constantly in the top3) and if that wasn't a wtf moment, then I dunno what is. The online voting in the last 15 minutes was a disaster. The web-site was down most of the time and it allowed space for manipulation (I mean it's not sms, it's easier to shuffle a poll).

hijirio

Veteran
I was in the arena, poor Muireann from Ireland was crying halfway through the voting. xcry1
Got so sad seeing a child like that.

hijirio

Veteran
I really think :mk: suffers from a Stockholm Syndrome. If by now, with yet again 12th place, didn't ring a bell about the contests, then it never will. And I heard Masevski, the composer of the song "Dancing through life" and "Love will lead our way", said that: "we did everything right, we just have no luck". It's more than luck. You have to pay the juries in order to do well in both contests. And second, you are not Australia. The jury results, pretty terrible (with Ireland and Cyprus completely ignored), reflected this by putting Georgia first (I see that they are hovering this junior contest, as they are constantly in the top3) and if that wasn't a wtf moment, then I dunno what is. The online voting in the last 15 minutes was a disaster. The web-site was down most of the time and it allowed space for manipulation (I mean it's not sms, it's easier to shuffle a poll).

Only one word: Staging

That's what they're missing.

The green effect in her performance looked too cheap.

All the time I was like "omg I hope it's nothing but just the screen in the arena is lagged and this is not how it actually looks on TV, there's no way they intended to make it look this way."

In general they are trying hard to make their entries look cheap with wrong staging.

aletem

Only one word: Staging

That's what they're missing.

The green effect in her performance looked too cheap.

All the time I was like "omg I hope it's nothing but just the screen in the arena is lagged and this is not how it actually looks on TV, there's no way they intended to make it look this way."

In general they are trying hard to make their entries look cheap with wrong staging.
There was nothing wrong with the staging. It's just people getting used to say the same thing over and over and over again. It had a nice background, she sang well (on both occasions) and she had a nice and likable song. Nothing wrong with the staging of "Love will lead our way", "Za ljubovta", "Eo, eo"... Martina did really well back in 2004, with an ok song, great singing and not really any staging. And I didn't have any expectations and knew she would end like that undeservedly, because Martija last year ended 12th too. They will have to bribe broadcasters/juries if they want to secure points, otherwise I don't see the point of participating and people paying money to the corrupt EBU for fees and those money come from the people.

We can argue that Russia had a cheap staging with furniture, Armenia's use of hoverboard (which was already seen), but that's a different story. It doesn't cut away the shitload of points they received from the jury. xshrug

out of last 7 macedonian junior eurovision appearances, they have finished 12th 6 times:lol:
It's rather sad than funny. For some occasions perhaps deserved if the song really didn't click, but for other times it's just being underrated (especially last year and this year).

Joni

I was in the arena, poor Muireann from Ireland was crying halfway through the voting. xcry1
Got so sad seeing a child like that.

Really? That's awful, hate to hear that. She is such a lovely person. :( I don't know what went wrong, I expected Ireland to get their best result so far in JESC. Hopefully they will continue in the contest anyway.

Alaska49

ummmmmm did someone seriously imply cyprus should have gotten more points? i loved the song but the performance was the most obvious last place in the history of life

also macedonia for the second year in a row did worse than they probably should have because they missed the target demographic of jesc AND yes, had poorer staging. that is absolutely a valid criticism and ignoring that over the outlandish claim of "other countries bribe juries" is naive at best.

Top Bottom