Contact us

JESC 2014

94ayd

Guys, you've no idea, everyone's been talking about our result as a reason for national pride! :eek: :D

DanielLuis

I really hope BNT will find a way to take part in ESC 2015! With a song as strong as "Planet of the children" they can surely do well.

BGN

Can someone tell me what the reaction is in Italy? Do they even care?

And can the Bulgarians tell me what is Bulgaria's reaction to getting 2nd? I hope they aren't too disappointed :(

In Bulgaria JESC broke all possible records. More than 1 600 000 people were engaged throught BNT's Eurovision social netwroks, even more watched it live on TV. It's trending topic and people are extremely happy. More than 350 000 Bulgarians watched it through junioreurovision.tv BNT are considering to host it next year.

EDC0708

Does anyone know if the split results are still going to be published. It might be better for the contestants if they are not, I suspect Bulgaria might have won the televoting.

FilipFromSweden

Guys, you've no idea, everyone's been talking about our result as a reason for national pride! :eek: :D

In Bulgaria JESC broke all possible records. More than 1 600 000 people were engaged throught BNT's Eurovision social netwroks, even more watched it live on TV. It's trending topic and people are extremely happy. More than 350 000 Bulgarians watched it through junioreurovision.tv BNT are considering to host it next year.

This makes me so happy to hear :D imo Bulgaria was the real winner

Terence

I never liked the JESC but I followed parts of it being hosted in Malta & all, on the whole I think we've done a decent job. Bodes well for whenever we might host the actual ESC show!

I don't mind the winning song - he's a very good performer. Was he the only male singer? That must've helped.
Our Federica has done a terrific job I think, though I'm not keen on the song. I can barely understand a word she says. Her voice is so much better than the song.

Ironically, Federica bet him on 'Ti lascio una canzone' - a TV show hosted in Italy a few months back. Karma is a bitch!

SRBIJA

Banned
I never liked the JESC but I followed parts of it being hosted in Malta & all, on the whole I think we've done a decent job. Bodes well for whenever we might host the actual ESC show!

I don't mind the winning song - he's a very good performer. Was he the only male singer? That must've helped.
Our Federica has done a terrific job I think, though I'm not keen on the song. I can barely understand a word she says. Her voice is so much better than the song.

Ironically, Federica bet him on 'Ti lascio una canzone' - a TV show hosted in Italy a few months back. Karma is a bitch!

The show itself was brilliant, definitely makes me want to visit Malta soon. xheya

nunaney

I wonder if Czech Republic will join Junior Eurovision if they do well in adult Eurovision next year. We'll probably lose a couple of the Balkan countries but Ireland and Hungary should be joining and maybe Azerbaijan, Romania, Moldova and Portugal will come back too. It would be nice if JESC 2015 could get 20 countries.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Oh my goodness. I'm not interested in this event at all. In fact, I absolutely hate it.. but out of curiosity, I just watched the Maltese entry of this year. It was simply marvellous. I actually can't believe how good the song or the girls voice is. Incredibly majestic performance. I watched a recap video of the songs and it was the usual stage school darlings, squeaking/attempting to wail over annoying dance tracks. Federica Falzon's "Diamonds" was something very, very special though. It made me go cold. On the other hand I felt utterly embarrassed watching the winning song.

I don't know how old the Maltese girl is (looked 14-ish) to me. I just wished they'd saved her and that song for a couple more years and entered the big thing with it. Sensationalxheat

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I don't know how old the Maltese girl is (looked 14-ish) to me. I just wished they'd saved her and that song for a couple more years and entered the big thing with it. Sensationalxheat

She's only 11 ;)

EDC0708

News about the online voting which broke:
Online voting 2014: you broke the internet! | News | Junior Eurovision Song Contest - Malta 2014
Apparently 4,000 people watched online last year, so the EBU were expecting around 8,000 viewers this year, with the system prepared for 15,000 viewers. 37,000 people visited the online voting page in the first three seconds, and so the site broke!
They're strengthening the online voting system for the 2015 contest.
Still no news on the split voting for this year yet.

94ayd

Online voting 2014: you broke the internet! | News | Junior Eurovision Song Contest - Malta 2014
Apparently 4,000 people watched online last year, so the EBU were expecting around 8,000 viewers this year, with the system prepared for 15,000 viewers. 37,000 people visited the online voting page in the first three seconds, and so the site broke!

Rumour has it, it was the crazy Bulgarian disapora wanting to support Krisia. :mrgreen:

SRBIJA

Banned

Just rewatched this. Our live performance was weak IMO, I don't think she is a bad performer but you could clearly hear her voice was shaking throughout big part of the song. Also, performing right before Malta (who was one of the strongest performances of the night for me ) was a disadvantage for us. The outfit and that backdrop didnt really and it all ended up being just an okay cute ballad but nothing impressive.

Sim

I don't think ebu has ever announced the split voting... so don't think they will do it now

EDC0708

I don't think ebu has ever announced the split voting... so don't think they will do it now

They were certainly intending to publish the split results this year, according to the Ask Vlad video about the voting, and this article here published the day before the contest:
Coming up: the 2014 Jury Final | News | Junior Eurovision Song Contest - Malta 2014
"Following tomorrow's Grand Final, the split results of the Jury and Televote will be revealed."

There's even a section on the website for where the split results are supposed to be:
Results | Junior Eurovision Song Contest - Malta 2014

Maybe the EBU decided not to publish the results, perhaps one of the acts did quite badly, and it would be upsetting for them to see the split results. Or there was an issue with the voting that we don't know about, and they will sort that out first before publishing the split?

Top Bottom