Contact us

JESC 2012 - General discussion

Sim

The host of the 10th Junior Eurovision Song Contest has already announced the finalists for their NF.

Here they are:

. Alessandro - Una Chica Especial
. Amy - Heart Is Going Boom Boom
. Femke - Geen tijd
. Jade & Sherilyn - Joy
. Kim - Digidoe
. MainStreet - Stop The Time
. Melle - Dromen
. Sterre - Jouw Ogen

LokoFan444

Re: The Netherlands 2012

The host of the 10th Junior Eurovision Song Contest has already announced the finalists for their NF.

Here they are:

. Alessandro - Una Chica Especial
. Amy - Heart Is Going Boom Boom
. Femke - Geen tijd
. Jade & Sherilyn - Joy
. Kim - Digidoe
. MainStreet - Stop The Time
. Melle - Dromen
. Sterre - Jouw Ogen
Femke is particapating again))) Intresting)))

AlekS

Veteran
Heineken Music Hall will host the event:
Voorgevel%20Heineken%20Music%20Hall%20-%20small.jpg

Confirmation deadline: June 29.

Malta and Cyprus won't participate for sure.

Participants: The Netherlands, Russia, Belarus, Georgia, Belgium, Sweden, Ukraine, Armenia.

Italy and San Marino can debut in 2012, Italy held negotiations in 2011 and San Marino "hopes to debut" according to their head of the delegation.

Possible come backs: Serbia and Greece.

Mickey

No Denmark there yet. Didn't they advertise a Junior Dansk Melodi Grand Prix during this year's grown up national final. What was that for if not JESC?

Kryptonite

No Denmark there yet. Didn't they advertise a Junior Dansk Melodi Grand Prix during this year's grown up national final. What was that for if not JESC?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that it was about the MGP Nordic (more precisely about their NF for MGP Nordic). :p

LokoFan444

Heineken Music Hall will host the event:
Voorgevel%20Heineken%20Music%20Hall%20-%20small.jpg

Confirmation deadline: June 29.

Malta and Cyprus won't participate for sure.

Participants: The Netherlands, Russia, Belarus, Georgia, Belgium, Sweden, Ukraine, Armenia.

Italy and San Marino can debut in 2012, Italy held negotiations in 2011 and San Marino "hopes to debut" according to their head of the delegation.

Possible come backs: Serbia and Greece.

I want that Serbia and Greece this countries really not enough...will be great see come back.
While a great pity that once again only involved Eastern Europe competition, more and more degraded (

AlekS

Veteran
^ Other broadcasters simply aren't interested.
Results ... The Netherlands won among Eastern countries so blaming it on us is moronic.
Money ... probably it's we who are the most rich broadcasters in Europe, uhuh ... :lol: more countries participate -> lower participation fee.

They simply don't want to risk & give away 2 hours of Saturday slot.
I'm hoping for Italy and all other countries which aren't afraid )))

Sim

Don't think Belgium or Netherlands ever will withdraw:p

And I do hope some new countries come or some returning,
I don't get it, in 2004 you had like 18 countries, of those 18 only 4 or 5 still participate

LokoFan444

^ Other broadcasters simply aren't interested.
Results ... The Netherlands won among Eastern countries so blaming it on us is moronic.
Money ... probably it's we who are the most rich broadcasters in Europe, uhuh ... :lol: more countries participate -> lower participation fee.

They simply don't want to risk & give away 2 hours of Saturday slot.
I'm hoping for Italy and all other countries which aren't afraid )))
Yes...totally agree with you plus for broadcsters big problem conducted National Finals and pay for long journeys(
I think the Netherlads will be won honestly...but won Georgia....Here are questions and cause great distrust in Central Europe. They are also quite understandable.
Italy will be great and San-Marino too. This countries many talanted singers.

Sim

I do think jesc have a big problem now:)

Just read somewhere that San Marino and Italy will not debut and serbia or romania will not return.

BGN

I do think jesc have a big problem now:)

Just read somewhere that San Marino and Italy will not debut and serbia or romania will not return.

Yes, there is really big problem. There must be 10 countries competing as a minimum in order JESC to be held.
Now we have 7 confirmed + Georgia which is 99% sure, although not offically in, yet.
The broadcasters from Lithuania and Moldova said that it's highly unlikely to enter, but there is no official decision. Also Serbia and Romania will stay home for sure.
So at least 2 countries among Bulgaria, Macedonia and Latvia have to confirm until June 29th.

BGN

I think that there must be 11 countries in order Eurovision voting system to work (12,10,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1), so there are 3 more countries needed.
Latvia also is unlikely to return (but still there is some chance), so Bulgaria and Macedonia have both to confirm. EBU has to do something maybe...
Last year 13 countries weren't much at all, but now the situation is even worse :(

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I want the UK to enter JESC, but they just don't :(

Jim

I believe that Italy will enter for the first time, all the countries from last year's contest will be in Amsterdam (maybe we we'll also have Moldova!), I think that Denmark and Norway will return and maybe Finland will be one of the newcomers of the competition! So in total 13 or 12 from last year + Italy + Finland + Denmark + Norway = 16 or 17 countries!!!

Milos-BC

Unfortunately I think it is only a matter of time when JESC will be cancelled and shut down completely. General interest is on very low levels, and it is dropping each year as well.

It is a shame as this contest really has potential, but this is how things are standing currently. Sadly.

NemesisNick

I think that there must be 11 countries in order Eurovision voting system to work (12,10,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1), so there are 3 more countries needed.
If there were 11 countries each country would then end up giving some points to every other country.

There is a possible workaround should only 8 countries enter. How about the EBU says for this year the 1, 2 and 3 points aren't awarded. Each country gives points to each of the other 7 countries as follows:

Top 12 pts
2nd 10 pts
3rd 8 pts
4th 7 pts
5th 6 pts
6th 5 pts
7th (bottom) 4 pts

In that scenario, if a particular country gets all 4s from each other country, it would be to all intents and purposes as bad as getting nul points in the adult ESC.

According to Wikipedia, two countries have already picked their songs for JESC 2012, and Ukraine is due to choose their song on 8 July. On those grounds I guess the JESC will now have to go ahead with such a small line-up.

Top Bottom