Contact us

JESC 2011 - Yerevan

AlekS

Veteran
The Head of Armenian delegation Goar Gasparyan and the Head of Armenian broadcaster Alexan Arutunyan announced today that JESC 2011 will be hosted by Yerevan (Armenia) on December 3, 2011.

The venue: Demirchyan Sports Complex
object_2.1272018411.03671.jpg

s1.jpg

Capacity: 10 000​

They also plan to invite world stars. The show will be sponsored (partly) by EBU. The expected amount of participants is 18-20.

Source: Armenia Today, Panarmenian, Armenia News etc.

Here's a big pic of Yerevan --> http://www.mountain.ru/article/article_img/2261/f_13.jpg

94ayd

That was fast! :lol: It's nice, as Armenia has totally earned it with their great results and we haven't really been in the Caucaus regions so far. :) I hope we do well at ESC and maybe return. If not us, at least some other countries should return/debut. :)

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Once again, Ketnet – a flemish childrens TV channel will be responsible for organising the countries’ national selection for Junior Eurovision 2011. The TV channel encourages children aged between 10 and 15 to enter the countries national selection “Junior Eurosong”, to be given the opportunity to represent their country in Yerevan, Armenia.

To take part in the competition, you must send a video or recording of yourself singing either an original song, or a coversong to VRT-Junior Eurosong, lokaal 4B19, 1043 Brussel or as an e-mail to [email protected] by February 4th at 18.00 CET. Those who are selected to take part in the competition will be given singing and dancing classes, and a chance to produce a song of their own for the show during the school holidays.

SOURCE

Milos-BC

This is a first time that the winner hosts the next competition. I am pretty sure that Armenia will offer a great show! :)

AlekS

Veteran
I've just seen a weird thing in the web.... but it's not there already, there's a rumor that Slovakia will debut in 2011 :lol:
Definitely not after ESC 2011, imo )))

AlekS

Veteran
@Ciprian. That's because you used to send crappy entries.
Now we finished last in 2010 :p
and btw, the only time when you were last was in 2009 :lol:

The politic voting has also joined the JESC...
What a load of ....... :p
Belgium would finished out of the top-10 if it was true. But you were 7th in 2010 and 4th in 2009.
Meh, doesn't work.

Or your political support is bigger than ours :rolleyes:

Schlagerman1

I don't think that it is politics that has made Romania done so bad in JESC, I feel that the song maybe is too good for the contest...

The Romanian songs has always been high class..maybe too high class to feel like an honest child entry. That is the biggest problems, of course it exists political voting, but it is not the whole story in this case..:p

Schlagerman1

I have been thinking..wouldn't it be great if Azerbaijan competes in JESC this autumn? Then the chances for an Armenian representative in ESC in Baku would be more apprioriate? Both countries now have the chance to proove the world that they can handle it well and it would be very cool to see that come true. 2011-2012 may even become historical! :D

madlen_t

Two countries have already withdraw from the contest, it's confirmed that Latvia will not take part in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2011 because of the financial crisis. Sources have also indicated that Malta has also withdrawn from the contest. Further discussions are for a possible return of Romania, as well as discussions between the EBU and several broadcasters including one in Western Europe.

Top Bottom