Contact us

JESC 2010 - Minsk

Sim

I think Milos is correct.

Most of the countries are not attracted to be in JESC.
Like I've said before, something has to change.

Though, I must say here in Belgium, JESC is popular since the beginning in 2003.
And I think Milos it's a shame that not many people know the Serbian song because I really like it

I think the top candidate for winning is Sweden
but I do think Armenia will win:p
don't ask my why, just some male intuition

MyHeartIsYours

For me, even though Im a massive ESC fan, the spin-off's have been intensely boring; JESC and EDC was even worse even though I expected to like it with it being hosted in the UK! Let the EBU just stick with good old Eurovision from now on and put their maximum effort into improving that!

AlekS

Veteran
And I think that Serbia will win or Armenia. Sweden is ordinary, commercial, not to mention that she's quite old. As long as I watch this contest only child songs used to become the winners. Those songs which suit young kiddies the most... I don't associate the Swedish entry with JESC.
I think that Armenian entry is the most charismatic but the song sucks, Serbian entry has a good song on the other hand but not so bright charisma. Not gonna make exact predictions because I have to see the final performances.
And it would be hard because we will have X-Factor that night.

AlekS

Veteran
For me, even though Im a massive ESC fan, the spin-off's have been intensely boring; JESC and EDC was even worse even though I expected to like it with it being hosted in the UK! Let the EBU just stick with good old Eurovision from now on and put their maximum effort into improving that!

If it's boring for you then why do you visit this sub-forum? Is it something masochistic? :rolleyes:

ps. I don't think that Eurovision should be improved by the EBU. Broadcasters and performers should improve their entries :)

MyHeartIsYours

Aleks I was curious as to whether JESC was finishing ;). And I actually didnt write that being in a mood about Aiden, I promise!! :lol: :lol:
I just think that the EBU would be better concentrating on the main show rather than dividing it's attentions between 3 contest of which only 1 is successful.
And there is always room for improvement including at ESC ;). I'd like to see lots of things done but that's a different story...
xkiss

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
Aleks I was curious as to whether JESC was finishing ;). And I actually didnt write that being in a mood about Aiden, I promise!! :lol: :lol:
I just think that the EBU would be better concentrating on the main show rather than dividing it's attentions between 3 contest of which only 1 is successful.
And there is always room for improvement including at ESC ;). I'd like to see lots of things done but that's a different story...
xkiss
First of all not 3 but 2.
Hmmm, as for success - it's all subjective. If it exists and broadcasted it's already success. If it brings profit - it's already successful.
They don't divide their attentions simply because summer & beginning of autumn is a dead season in ESC and it will always be like that ;)
ESC will never become better/worse without JESC xshrug

oh, also it's a little bit ungrateful because before providing improvements EBU tested them on JESC :lol:

Milos-BC

^^ Yeah I agree on that.

I think that the quality of this JESC is quite low and we don't have such great songs as we used to have. My fave is Latvia, but I also think Armenia has the biggest potential to win, even though I don't like the song too much. Georgia could also do well, and Macedonia is also a strong contender for top 5. I hope Serbia will do well, but I don't believe we will win.

Oh, and thanks Sim :D

Schlagerman1

Esckaz has had a junior jury with former artists in JESC and has put Sweden as the winner! :eek: :lol:
Will never happen believe me...

I have done a pre-prediction before the rehearsals that looks like this:
1. Armenia
2. Latvia
3. Serbia
4. Georgia
5. Belgium
6. Russia
7. Moldova
8. Lithuania
9. Sweden
10. Belarus
11. Ukraine
12. Malta
13. Macedonia
14. Netherlands

AlekS

Veteran
^ their juries never predict it right so I'd started worrying if I was a Swede :lol: j/k.
My prediction:
1. Serbia
2. Armenia
3. Georgia
4. Belgium
5. Sweden

ps. I like the improved version of our entry. I hope she can deal with it vocally. If she can then she will get my 5th place.

Milos-BC

My personal top 10 now is (I didn't include the Serbian entry):

1.Latvia
2.Georgia
3.Netherlands
4.Macedonia
5.Ukraine
6.Belgium
7.Armenia
8.Sweden
9.Russia
10.Moldova

Schlagerman1

Have looked through half of the rehearsals today (Lithuania-Russia) and the strongest one so far has been Serbia, but also Russia and Ukraine surprises me. Worst was actually Sweden, Josefine was shaky in the beginning of her song, but even if she sung it overall well...jesus how boring it got! :(

You can watch vids of the rehearsals on escdaily or on junioreurovisions website! :)

Luke

JESC 2011 WILL take place, most likely in Sweden.

Schlagerman1

I am very surprised Sweden maybe takes care of it! :eek: But we need to promote ourselves, so this is a way in the right direction! :)
Maybe even Norway and Denmark will come back, and possibly Finland may debut too, that would be cool! (Cause I am tired that we are alone..:()

Top Bottom