Contact us

JESC 2009 - KYIV

AlekS

Veteran
Because of the quarantine that ends right on November 20th (gah! :| ) the dress rehearsal will be hosted without people in the venue, only people from abroad who've already got tickets (all tickets are free) will be allowed to be there.

The JESC 2009 final night will go as planned, with people in the venue.
All people who've already applied for tickets on the dress rehearsal can exchange them on the final tickets.

Milos-BC

I watched all of the rehearsals, and i can say that i like how the stage looks like, though it looked a bit different on the graphics we had before. The only thing i don't like is that it's maybe too dark, but probably it will look better on TV. :)

I really liked the Maltese and the Belgian rehearsal, and Belgium grew on me a lot these last days. Hopefully they will have a good result this year :)

I bet that Belarus will win, it's way too horrible, but i can see the kids from the other 12 countries fall in love with it :(

AlekS

Veteran
^ it's too dark because they don't use all lighting on rehearsals, the same was on ESC 2009 rehearsals ;)

ps. I hope that Belarus' won't win.

TF100

In my opinion Sweden and Belgium are in a league way beyond the others, clearly the best 2 for me. However Sweden will be bottom 3 because it's too much like a real song and not a JESC entry, and I doubt Belgium can win either. I just hope that Belgium makes Top 5 at least... I don't think Belarus has the potential to win, it's a bit too 'dark' for JESC, and I'm not sure the 'western' countries will know what to think of it. I'd guess the most likely winner is Russia...

AlekS

Veteran
After watching all rehearsals... I dunno.
I don't really like Belgium. Sweden is too old. Russia can be a dark horse, can't wait for the dress rehearsal. With this improved music we have a chance to be 6th or 5th. Imo, everything depends of the camera work and how it would work with performances.
Imo, Belarus will be the winner. It's too weird, Harry Potter fans will vote for "Magic rabbit" :cool: :lol:
Just like Georgia 2008 - "1 huge WTF" entry :lol:

Milos-BC

^^ That is exactly why i think that Belarus will win :lol: I would really be surprised if he doesn't win. I predict Belarus as the winner, and Russia as second, following Armenia on third place. Belgium could be 4th or 5th maybe. And yes Sweden will most likely fail, i'm sad to say that, as it's one of my faves too :(

it's too dark because they don't use all lighting on rehearsals, the same was on ESC 2009 rehearsals ;)

lol, i didn't know about that :oops: Then i'm sure it will look great during the dress rehearsals, and the main show itself :) ;)

AlekS

Veteran
^ I dunno tbh, I wasn't in the venue so... but big lead screens were covered in the 1st day if I'm not mistaken.
It seems that they will check all systems until the dress rehearsal.
I guess it was brighter yesterday, I'm not sure.

Schlagerman1

I have tried to guess how everyone will vote in JESC tomorrow, which is very hard to do :lol:

And here it is :p :

20u90gj.jpg

I think Russia will make it all the way. I hate the belarussian song, but I know that it will get a lot of votes from the public, but the jury will prefer Russia I think, and will make it. :p
Ukraine 3rd, my favorite Belgium 4th, which I am happy with! :)
Sweden 8th, thanks to the jury there! :p
Last place for Romania, will get no friend vote this time, but will get a few points from many countries, since the song is nice, but not great. :p

AlekS

Veteran
ok, here's my prediction:

1. Belarus'
2. Russia
3. Armenia (3)
4. Belgium (4)
5. Ukraine (1)
6. Sweden (2)
7. Serbia (5)
8. Georgia
9. Malta
10. Macedonia
11. Romania
12. Cyprus
13. The Netherlands

() - my personal top-5.

Alexu

I'm watching the show right now....I really like it :D

My favorites: Belgium, Macedonia, Russia, Sweden, Armenia...and of course Romania (I love it, but many people think that is a bad song)

Ani Lorak is just gorgeous :shock: ...I love her :D But she had a full army of dancers :lol:
That song Shady lady, is just great, is one of my top 10, best esc songs ever :)
Congradulations Ukraine for the nice hosting! (I'm waiting for the results :lol:) See ya! ;)

Emreign

:(((((((((((((((((((((

TOO BAD WINNER....

THE NETHERLANDS SONG WAS TOO BAD....

POOR ARMENIA :((((((((((

RUSSIA CAME 2ND :shock:

THANKS ALEX FOR GREAT UKRANIAN SHOW :D

TF100

I can't believe it.. I never thought I'd live to see NL win an ESC... I'm so happy even if I don't even really like the song, this just seems so incredible after all these years!! :D

AlekS

Veteran
I'm SOOOOOOO happy, zomg :lol: :D
Like a child :lol: :cool:

Ani was THE star today. The host and the guest star, she combined both perfectly. I liked her Greek (?) white dress.
She adores children so I've been satisfied with her since her appointment, I've already knew that she would be gr8 )))
Timur (though the right spelling is Timoor) was so gorgeous :oops: :)

The hosting went gr8, no serious mistakes. Pheeew. I can stop worrying :oops: :)

Decorations didn't look like ESC 2009 at all, I mean they looked similar on the pic a little but in the real life it was something new. It wasn't about mega cool decorations I think everything was perfect and nothing was distracting opinion from performers. I liked the lighting. Even with the limited budget everything looked gr8. The stage wasn't typical Ukrainian stage, it reminded me the old days, ESC in the 90's for some weird reason.

The Dutch song wasn't my fave but I'm happy that the Western Europe rules this time. They've been waiting for a long time + they had gr8 songs this time )))
zomg, I really liked Belgium after the final listening/viewing.
Belarus' finished low and it was unexpected for me but it wasn't my fave though.

Hmmm... "neighbour" voting still exists and it will exist with any voting system. But I don't think that it's a true bad thing, people shouldn't be blamed for choosing something close to them + we've seen that "non-neighbour" voting was there as well. Look at the winner ))) Western countries were in the minority and they finished high with the same voting system like last year.
The only difference was ... the voting that started from the beginning of the show. But it didn't benefit anyone, imo, so I don't think that it's a bad thing anymore so no worries about adult ESC :mrgreen:

JESC 2009 was the real Junior Eurovision ... I liked it very much. Let's greet Belarus' with hosting JESC 2010 and of course it will be something different and special just like every JESC =)

CONGRATULATIONS THE NETHERLANDS!!!!! xdance xclap
xwave1

Sim

First of all: Congrats Netherlands!

And Laura you did it wonderful.
4 times 12 points, you did really make us nervous, at some point we tought we could win.

I think this shows that also west-european countries can win it
but a jury is necessary;)

Mrs Filipovski

1. Ani was probably on drugs becauseshewastalkinglikethisallthetime
2. Appropiate to sing shady lady infront of kids :mrgreen:
3. She said she couldnt guess that Belarus would give 12 to Russia .. BIG LIAR (N)

AlekS

Veteran
Mrs Filipovski said:
1. Ani was probably on drugs becauseshewastalkinglikethisallthetime
it wasn't bugging me, maybe I was on drugs too, like everyone who liked her ;)

Mrs Filipovski said:
2. Appropiate to sing shady lady infront of kids :mrgreen:
YES. Because sometimes kids sang even more daring lyrics :mrgreen:

Mrs Filipovski said:
3. She said she couldnt guess that Belarus would give 12 to Russia .. BIG LIAR (N)
Considering her awful performance... I don't think so.
BIG IRONY.
as for guessing. I agree with you. Even with the new system it's still old "I can guess their votes".
Everyone could guess the Dutch votes, Ukrainian votes, Belorussian votes etc....

Top Bottom