5 2.8%

4 2.3%

10 5.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Zerocalcare

This year I see much tougher women opponents than in previous years: Giorgia and Elodie, if they have the right song, they can win. They are both charismatic and talented (although on pure talent I say that Giorgia is superior). In my opinion Giorgia could be the real "crazy horse" of the competition. The past few years have not seen women winners in San Remo not because of the "patriarchy" (as many like to see it) but because they didn't have songs strong enough xshrug

nudiecrudi

This year I see much tougher women opponents than in previous years: Giorgia and Elodie, if they have the right song, they can win. They are both charismatic and talented (although on pure talent I say that Giorgia is superior). In my opinion Giorgia could be the real "crazy horse" of the competition. The past few years have not seen women winners in San Remo not because of the "patriarchy" (as many like to see it) but because they didn't have songs strong enough xshrug
I agree with your analysis.
I would consider also the power of demos copic and press jury.
Last year M&B were unbeatable because Brividi was appreciated by the critics and the press even before the song was released during the firs night. Having both of them a huge fanbase the televote was on their part, Elisa didn't have any chance. The year before Maneskin won over Fefez. The televote wasn't enough for Fedez who climbed during the last night from middle positions to top three ones. But at the end the other juries claimed Maneskin as winners surpassing Ermal and Fedez.
Saying that, I think all depends by the songs. If Ultimo has a song similar to his style, typical Italian melodic song, I don't think is going to be awarded much by pressandcritics jury but he could be balanced by the public vote.
Giorgia and Marco have huge fanbases too. And guys we are talking about Georgia, the most important overall Italian singer under 50, she is 52😜. Incredible style voice, charisma, professional, carrier. I said overall, public and critics because Laura Pausini is worldwide known but in terms of quality and style GIORGIA is above her. She has everything. And her music has always been contemporary and contaminated. I don't think Giorgia has decided to come to Sanremo just to be there. She has a real project.
I would love to see her win and obviously go to ESC.
Personally not a fan of Ultimos music but I can understand why he is so appealing to the young and not public. Mixed feelings about him in ESC.
Marco Mengoni is another big gun too. Whatever he sings is quality and successful. Huge fanbase, appreciated by the critics and press, radio friendly. He clicks all the boxes. Usually I'm for non returning artists. But if he has an excellent contemporary song, why not.
Very curious about Madame, Levante and Elodie.
This year we have all the ingredients for a fantastic Sanremo. And having 28 songs, hope they don't make any elimination, the forth and final nights will be less talky and more musically 😍

Zerocalcare

I agree with your analysis.
I would consider also the power of demos copic and press jury.
Last year M&B were unbeatable because Brividi was appreciated by the critics and the press even before the song was released during the firs night. Having both of them a huge fanbase the televote was on their part, Elisa didn't have any chance. The year before Maneskin won over Fefez. The televote wasn't enough for Fedez who climbed during the last night from middle positions to top three ones. But at the end the other juries claimed Maneskin as winners surpassing Ermal and Fedez.
Saying that, I think all depends by the songs. If Ultimo has a song similar to his style, typical Italian melodic song, I don't think is going to be awarded much by pressandcritics jury but he could be balanced by the public vote.
Giorgia and Marco have huge fanbases too. And guys we are talking about Georgia, the most important overall Italian singer under 50, she is 52😜. Incredible style voice, charisma, professional, carrier. I said overall, public and critics because Laura Pausini is worldwide known but in terms of quality and style GIORGIA is above her. She has everything. And her music has always been contemporary and contaminated. I don't think Giorgia has decided to come to Sanremo just to be there. She has a real project.
I would love to see her win and obviously go to ESC.
Personally not a fan of Ultimos music but I can understand why he is so appealing to the young and not public. Mixed feelings about him in ESC.
Marco Mengoni is another big gun too. Whatever he sings is quality and successful. Huge fanbase, appreciated by the critics and press, radio friendly. He clicks all the boxes. Usually I'm for non returning artists. But if he has an excellent contemporary song, why not.
Very curious about Madame, Levante and Elodie.
This year we have all the ingredients for a fantastic Sanremo. And having 28 songs, hope they don't make any elimination, the forth and final nights will be less talky and more musically 😍
To your perfect analysis I add only one thing. Giorgia is the one who, together with Alex Baroni, has forcefully cleared the R&B genre in Italy. Musically they were pioneers and technically absolute monsters. Laura Pausini is a great performer but Giorgia is a crystalline talent. If Giorgia duetted with Alicia Keys will it mean something? xlove

Zerocalcare

The first episode of the "Zerocalcare Musical Garage" begins! xheat Every day we will talk briefly about an artist to get to know him better. Today's choice falls on the historic Articolo 31.

The historic line-up consisted of J-Ax (vocals and lyrics) and DJ Jad (bass and scratch). Why did the two artists choose the name "Articolo 31"? xthink The band's name refers to the notorious "Section 31" of the Broadcasting Authority Act, a law enacted by the Irish Parliament in 1976 following the unrest in Northern Ireland, which constituted a serious threat to freedom of expression in that country. Well, you can immediately understand that Articolo 31 was at the beginning a protest, dissing and underground group. Their favorite genre has always been Hip Hop and in Sanremo 2023, it will most likely be the Hop Hop genre that will be the protagonist.

Here are some of their "Old Age" songs:

Later the band broke up and the members decided to pursue their solo projects. Between the two, J-Ax was the one who maintained a good success even as a soloist, without reaching high peaks. Later J-Ax fell into oblivion a little and devoted himself purely to the discovery and production of young artists (among which we can mention Fedez) and to featuring with the "New Generation" itself. Ultimately this is the kind of songs that J-Ax (New Age) produces:

The Hip Hop genre was therefore partially abandoned by J-Ax to move to Latin Music (which has a frightening amount of fans). The ratings and the importance of J-Ax have increased but at the same time, those who remembered him as a rebel who opposed the system xmetalxpolice, now rebuke him saying with bitterness "You have become like those you fought xcoffee" (in the same wake of Orwell's "Animal Farm" where the revolutionary pigs inevitably transform themselves like the master who oppressed them xshrug).

The first episode of the "Zerocalcare Musical Garage" ends here. Tomorrow I will introduce Giorgia! xheyaxfaint If you're looking for me, for anything, you'll find me right there in my "girl pickup truck" xbeach

A warm greeting from your Zerocalcare and repeat our slogan with me "Here on the Zerocalcare Musical Garage there is only overrated Italian music!" xrofl

Bye xkiss

Last edited:

mauve

Veteran
Today is Sanremo Giovani's final. If some of you are interested, you can listen to the songs here:

My favorite songs are

Tua Amelie – Noor
and
gIANMARIA – La città che odi

But they all use too much autotune, I wish they wouldn't use it that much. It gets on my nerves. :(

lasse braun

Today is Sanremo Giovani's final. If some of you are interested, you can listen to the songs here:

My favorite songs are

Tua Amelie – Noor
and

But they all use too much autotune, I wish they wouldn't use it that much. It gets on my nerves. :(
i prefer colla cio most - further we have 10 males,so a male(s) will win it. :LOL:
german esc-kompakt will have a livechat too - maybe you're also there?

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance

My favorite songs are

Tua Amelie – Noor
and

L'anima balla performed by OLLY
Asfalto performed by Colla Zio
Giorno Di Scuola performed by Romeo & Drill
Sincera performed by Giuse The Lizia
Tua Amelie performed by Noor
Pupille performed by FIAT131
La citta che odi performed by gIANMARIA
Maldite performed by MIDA
Mille Porte performed by Manini
Le cose piu importanti performed by Will

Sottotera performed by Sethu

Sotto Voce performed by Shari

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
Amadeus called down the Giovani in pairs and announced if they won Sanremo Giovani and clinched a spot at Sanremo or not:

Shari and Giuse The Lizia = Shari
gIANMARIA and Colla Zio = Both
Sethu and Manini = Sethu
Noor and Fiat131 = Neither
Will and Romeo and Drill = Will
OLLY and Mida = OLLY

With 6 instead of 3 Giovani winners, the new Sanremo total is 28 contestants!

mauve

Veteran
I liked Noor the most - she sounded different than the other contestants and had some individuality. So sad she didn't make it. :( Besides her, the only artist I liked was Seth. The other songs were entertaining, but had either too much autotune or just sounded like songs you heard often before.

hunty73

I think Madame could do very very well this time.Sugar Music know how to get the jury vote and she has developed very well.Very pleased to see Levante back as well.

Zerocalcare

I listened to Noor's song xmusic and I agree that it probably wouldn't have disfigured in the main event of Sanremo 2023 however the causes of the elimination seem clear to me xqueenbitch

Let's take a look at the pros and cons:

PROS xkiss:
  1. "Tua Amelie" is a beautiful song: well structured, adorable and delicate. Strangely it's one of those few songs that stood out to me from the "new generation".
  2. Noor has a beautiful voice (which in my opinion, although not similar in all respects, winks at those of Annalisa and Elisa) and a good basic technique.
  3. Noor also has a discreet stage presence that makes her stand out from anonymity.
CONS xpunish:
  1. "Tua Amelie" is a beautiful song, as I said before, but it's also "a song that can't climb that extra step". In all that lovely, delicate atmosphere you notice that, in the long run, the song lacks texture; it is soft as a cloud xshrugAn apt comparison between "Tua Amelie" and a foreign song? "Rockstars" by Malik Harris. The German artist also composed an emotional and delicate song but in practice this too lacked consistency. xcoffee
  2. Noor's voice is good and I see potential but still I can't love many voices of the "new generation" (who hardly move away from Trap sounds or singing). I hate listen singers sing nasally or rolling their tonguesxgaahPerhaps many of you who are not Italians do not notice it but when these singers sing like this they seem like patients who have just woken up from a coma and cannot articulate the words xcrazy I also have a hard time understanding what they are saying. xthink
  3. In Sanremo you don't need a discreet stage presence and a "radio-friendly" song to win but much more and even in that case long-term success is not guaranteed (as has happened so far to Gaudiano, Folcast, Davide Shorty and Tecla - with the exception of Leo Gassman who is the son of a very famous actor in Italy).
I know, I'm the "Italian Simon Cowell". I am strict. I want more. I want quality xqueenbitch

Last edited:

BernadetteCydonia

I don't see why so many people suddenly felt Noor? I thought she was doomed from the very beginning, whoops.

Anyway, now that we've ended up talking about Sanremo Giovani, Colla Zio were indeed one of the greatest. "Asfalto" is a bop but the live band version ended up a bit messier than the studio version, so I thought that on that alone it wouldn't make for a great impact... but they qualified and I can't be any happier xheart
The rest of the results were okay I guess. As for all other qualifiers I'm mostly content for Gianmaria and Olly too, I had Will in my top 6 as well. Awfully gutted for Giuse the Lizia not making it; some people did compare him to Tananai but he didn't sound as bad as him on his first Sanremo 2022 appearance ngl. Should've gone through.
Shari's song kiiiiinda overrated unfortunately; I know Salmo is one of the greats as a songwriter/producer kinda guy but come onnnn the song was basic as all FUCK. But hey, at least one token girl got out from Sanremo Giovani, for once! And Amadeus's dream of seeing Shari on Sanremo has now been fulfilled

Top Bottom