E ti vorrei amare, ma sbaglio sempre
E ti vorrei rubare un cielo di perle
E pagherei per andar via
Accetterei anche una bugia

E ti vorrei amare, ma sbaglio sempre
E mi vengono i brividi, brividi, brividi​

Last edited by a moderator:

Ianp16

I'm just drawing upon personal subjective experiences. i'm sure millions of other people would have had different experiences when visiting Italy. I just felt like I was a nuisance when I was there, rather than a welcome tourist. And I am certainly not a tourist snob. I'm assuming it's because I mainly visited Sicily which is known for being a bit different, culturally, than most of the mainland? I could be wrong. Anyway, I'm sure Italy will make great hosts.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
I think that some Eurofans, after Italy's victory, are looking forward to Sanremo 2022 and ESC 2022 xwaitAccording to the statistics, the host nation is always destined to fail, often with disastrous results xwall However, are we sure this will happen? I believe that Italy will dispel this curse of the "host country" and ... POP! BOOM! KABOOM! Other livers will explodexrollinglol

I agree with Nudiecrudi's analysis xyes The Sanremo selection is not a simple selection for the ESC. Our Festival, as "clumsy" as it is considered xbeee, is a tough competition to win. Furthermore, there are too many juries to agree: the press room, the opinion poll jury and the public. Let's not forget the weight of the orchestra's vote and the points obtained through "the cover night". Our champion, now that we are interested in the ESC, can almost always be in the "Top 10". Our "failure" are the positions from 11th to 15th position xqueenbitch

So ... the juries next year will have to work hard to bury us even more! I recommend following the teachings of Sensei John Kreese of the "Cobra Kai":

Sensei John Kreese: "What is the law of the fist?!" xdiablo

Students of the dojo: "Strike first, strike hard, without mercy!" xmadxrofl

Mhm, let's see...

Appreciating and overestimating very ordinary Italian male songs in ESC is not a thing that happens by nature. It's just a human fact, and like all human facts it has a beginning, and it will also have an end.

Someday, it will come the day when finally an end to this will be put. Nobody knows when, but it certainly will happen.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I'm just drawing upon personal subjective experiences. i'm sure millions of other people would have had different experiences when visiting Italy. I just felt like I was a nuisance when I was there, rather than a welcome tourist. And I am certainly not a tourist snob. I'm assuming it's because I mainly visited Sicily which is known for being a bit different, culturally, than most of the mainland? I could be wrong. Anyway, I'm sure Italy will make great hosts.

hmm probably depends on where you go... I think people in the cities are mostly snobby but I think that doesn't just go for Italy but any larger city...

sucof

I think that some Eurofans, after Italy's victory, are looking forward to Sanremo 2022 and ESC 2022 xwaitAccording to the statistics, the host nation is always destined to fail, often with disastrous results xwall However, are we sure this will happen? I believe that Italy will dispel this curse of the "host country" and ... POP! BOOM! KABOOM! Other livers will explodexrollinglol

I agree with Nudiecrudi's analysis xyes The Sanremo selection is not a simple selection for the ESC. Our Festival, as "clumsy" as it is considered xbeee, is a tough competition to win. Furthermore, there are too many juries to agree: the press room, the opinion poll jury and the public. Let's not forget the weight of the orchestra's vote and the points obtained through "the cover night". Our champion, now that we are interested in the ESC, can almost always be in the "Top 10". Our "failure" are the positions from 11th to 15th position xqueenbitch

There is another consideration to be made. In the past, Rai was afraid of winning the ESC to further invest too much money after Sanremo. There was also fear and I can motivate it with facts, Rai was afraid that in the next edition the other countries could play "a bad joke" that would make us win but also host the next edition xgaah However, we are talking about an era where the ESC was not yet in its prime. Today, however, winning the ESC implies not only the achievement of a global honor but it is also a tool, in case of victory, which can boost tourism and bring a lot of money also in terms of sponsors xqueenbitch Even if Italy wants to win next year, there is too much competition xshrug We do not need to fail to avoid hosting the ESC 2023. Boys and girls, Italy would be happy to host even more editions (you have seen the "war" that is breaking out between Italian cities to host the event xqueenbitch). Tourism is our greatest industry. For us Italians it is an investment with a guaranteed source of income xup

So ... the juries next year will have to work hard to bury us even more! I recommend following the teachings of Sensei John Kreese of the "Cobra Kai":

Sensei John Kreese: "What is the law of the fist?!" xdiablo

Students of the dojo: "Strike first, strike hard, without mercy!" xmadxrofl
a little clarification, tourism is not our biggest industry, it is an important part of our economy (13% of the total)
The Italian economy is based on the production of goods, we are the second largest manufacturing and industrialized country in Europe after Germany.

SANREMO 1996 the golden ages

Last edited:
a little clarification, tourism is not our biggest industry, it is an important part of our economy (13% of the total)
The Italian economy is based on the production of goods, we are the second largest manufacturing and industrialized country in Europe after Germany.

SANREMO 1996 the golden ages
I knew it, Sucof. When I wrote that tourism is our biggest industry, I simplified it. After all, it is tourism and food that Eurofans will come to enjoy in Italy. They will certainly not come to buy mechanical parts, agricultural goods and works of art haha. Anyway ... I advise you to avoid talking about all our excellences or here the controversy breaks out and we are pointed out by the haters as "proud" and "overrated" xD

I hope that Rai entrusts Dante Ferretti (winner of three Oscars) with the care of the scenography xbow

Also I hope our DJs are invited too xmusic

I hope it will be a great and exciting party! xdance2xhugxheyaxyaaay

hijirio

Veteran

DenizESC

Banned
Poor Emma :( She really didn't deserve that treatment.

Well, sometimes a news article like this can bring so much insight about a society's social dynamics.

thank you escunited for this valuable piece.

Yea sadly this is still common in countries like Italy, they think women are equal but women are only as much as what they wear and what they look like etc. this is absolutely no progressivism ............

hijirio

Veteran
Yea sadly this is still common in countries like Italy, they think women are equal but women are only as much as what they wear and what they look like etc. this is absolutely no progressivism ............
Yeah, unfortunately all female pop singers are underrated in San Remo. My faves always end up in bottom 5.
But if you're a man wearing a tuxedo from 1950 and sing a piano ballad = top 3 guaranteed.

Searching for justice in San Remo is like trying to dig a well with a needle.

Emma is not there to be cataloged in Italy as "The worst ESC failure". No one has ever said this to Emma but she puts her hands forward xbored

Following the example of "The Vendettas", here is another singer who is advertising herself using the name of Damiano and Maneskin xcoffee

Emma should shut up. It is a privileged one like few. It is a "not winning" product but brought to ESC only thanks to the strength of Maria De Filippi xshrug

Today, thanks to "sexism" many artists, politicians and influencers have a way not to fall into oblivion. Fortunately for them there are many blind people who believe in their false claims xqueenbitch

#totheESCwhodeserves
#nodifferencebetweenmanandwoman

rasmuslights

Veteran
Emma is not there to be cataloged in Italy as "The worst ESC failure". No one has ever said this to Emma but she puts her hands forward xbored

Following the example of "The Vendettas", here is another singer who is advertising herself using the name of Damiano and Maneskin xcoffee

Emma should shut up. It is a privileged one like few. It is a "not winning" product but brought to ESC only thanks to the strength of Maria De Filippi xshrug

Today, thanks to "sexism" many artists, politicians and influencers have a way not to fall into oblivion. Fortunately for them there are many blind people who believe in their false claims xqueenbitch

#totheESCwhodeserves
#nodifferencebetweenmanandwoman

have to agree...

yeah sure there may have been some critique of her dress etc... but like name one star that didn't receive critique? we all do not just stars. Don't know why did she expect that she will do her job and nobody would criticize her for it...

And Damiano got lots of hate for his fashion sense as well so that point of hers is irrelevant...

hijirio

Veteran

You know how we say in Turkish, "İki kişinin bildiği sır değildir" ;) ;) ;)

I really think San Remo is out of date for today's music standards and should be replaced by another modern NF with well-produced, futuristic and expensive tracks. That's my opinion after all.

have to agree...

yeah sure there may have been some critique of her dress etc... but like name one star that didn't receive critique? we all do not just stars. Don't know why did she expect that she will do her job and nobody would criticize her for it...

And Damiano got lots of hate for his fashion sense as well so that point of hers is irrelevant...
I agree, Rasmuslights. Every cantate, from every country, has been "hit" by the critics. Even Blas Canto was ridiculed for some of his choices ... the Spanish singer just wanted to remember his grandmother ... xwall

Can anyone explain to me why these controversies always come out when there is a record coming out or the release of a new song? xthink

That said, Emma was "punished" by Europe not because of sexism but because her song was actually weak (I used a sweet word) xshrug

DenizESC

Banned

I really think San Remo is out of date for today's music standards and should be replaced by another modern NF with well-produced, futuristic and expensive tracks. That's my opinion after all.
I'm shocked and disgusted, it still happens in 2021 (well 2014). No wonder the shows are so boring when there is so much sexism everywhere and probably even inside the San Remo organization. #scary

we can donate here to the European women's lobby to help women all around Europe + don't forget to sign the Helena Dalli petition

If the words of this article were written in a newspaper they would have more value. We could use paper to wipe our asses xrofl

Fiorello hit hard on the "Politically Correct" carousel who tried, unsuccessfully, to throw mud on a great gentleman like Amadeus.

No prevaricating comments were made. These are only the sterile controversies of those who try to advertise themselves xleft

I dedicate this song to you, EscTurkey. Translate it. For me Willie Peyote is the "moral winner" of Sanremo xyes

hijirio

Veteran
I'm shocked and disgusted, it still happens in 2021 (well 2014). No wonder the shows are so boring when there is so much sexism everywhere and probably even inside the San Remo organization. #scary

we can donate here to the European women's lobby to help women all around Europe + don't forget to sign the Helena Dalli petition

No wonder that it's always m*n who deny sexism in our daily life. The people who say that Emma is creating controversy to promote her album are the same kind of people who call rape victims "attention seekers". Not surprised.

You are right. Something must be done :lol:

DenizESC

Banned

You are right. Something must be done :lol:
This was shocking indeed omg, I still have trauma.

The European minister taking Von Der Leyen's seat without a second thought is the peak issue with today's world and then saving face by blaming everyone else but your self. I hope that man will be imprisoned... Let's start a petition.

hijirio

Veteran
Funny, just because I'm from Turkey I only have the right to criticize the countries that have a worse record than Turkey.

Actually we should always ask everyone's passport one by one, and if their country has a good record then they can be allowed to join the discussion. If your country is behind, you have no right to have a say. Because we are all representives of millions of people in our country.

I think everyone should be subject to a test of 'fallacies of reasoning' before joining the forum.

Here's a helpful link :D

Top Bottom