E ti vorrei amare, ma sbaglio sempre
E ti vorrei rubare un cielo di perle
E pagherei per andar via
Accetterei anche una bugia

E ti vorrei amare, ma sbaglio sempre
E mi vengono i brividi, brividi, brividi​

Last edited by a moderator:

hunty73

Seeing as most of the footage is missing from 64 how about Gigliola Cinquetti,Italy of all places honours the different generations and what an amazing moment it would be.

sucof

Oh Sanremo, dolci ricordi!
Dov'è Bugo? 😁😁

Last edited:

hungo

I don't know what I want for Italy next year so I am expecting unexpected from Sanremo lineup....
Maybe Fasma or Irma or idk....

Also I want Italy to break host country curse of being last in Grand Final
never ever italy will get last

nudiecrudi

I'm sure that SanRemo next year isnt going to be influenced by ESC and the quality of the proposals will be very high.
I dont think we'll have songs tailored for ESC, and even we will, they will be butchered by the juries immediatly,
The most important thing is that the winner or the main contenders for the win should have strong projects. Maneskin, Diodato, Mahmood, Gabbani, Il Volo, Gualazzi, Mengoni, MetaMoro, Nina Zilli....all of them released good albums and not just the ESC song.
I ve been saying it from 2011. We italians have to thank Caterina Caselli, from SUGAR discografic label. She was the first that understood the importance of using the spectacular ESC occasion to promote valid artists or projects. You may like or not Gualazzi's music, I love it and bought that album, but you can't deny the solidity of that project. And she was right because after the ESC 2011 Gualazzi gained a lot of popularity and has been invited at some of the most famous jazz festivals around Europe.
He who sows reaps and Maneskin are really triumphing also with the other songs of their album, not only with Zitti e buoni.
We have an expression in italian "fare bella figura" which means "make a very good impression" and I think it will be the leitmotiv of the italian ESC. We'll show the best of us and Im sure that if ESC 2022 will be held in Milano, I cant talk about other cities, the entire city will be envolved and transformed in an extended outdoors stage with all the most famous fashion and design brands trying to get envolved as they do during the fashion weeks and International Design&Furniture Fair (Salone del Mobile ).
Finally Im not going to read those stupid messages saying "Italy doesn't want to organize ESC" or "Look what they have done in 1991" ( which yes seemed to be a mess but 30 years have passed and our opinion about Esc has changed ).

I bims

Veteran
I'm actually really excited who will represent Italy 2022 because if a country could pull it off to win twice in a row in the current contest it could be Italy. So far most host countries just internally selected a song that had "last place" written all over it but if Italy sticks to the Sanremo winner they will actually be in the race defend the title.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I'm actually really excited who will represent Italy 2022 because if a country could pull it off to win twice in a row in the current contest it could be Italy. So far most host countries just internally selected a song that had "last place" written all over it but if Italy sticks to the Sanremo winner they will actually be in the race defend the title.

I can totally see... I wouldn't like it tho, because I'm expecting Italy to win again in the next 6 years so, I'd rather wait for a bit..

hzalfa

Who is Morgan?
Wait, you missed all the Sanremo drama in 2020? :lol:

Bugo entered the competition together with fellow singer (and famous drama queen) Morgan. The song was written by Bug, so they decided that Morgan should work on the arrangement for the cover night, Morgan didn't even try to make a presentable job, resulting in a trainwreck performance and a verbal fight between the two. The night after, during the performance of their (regular) song, Morgan decided to change the lyrics and use some of the lines Bugo told him during their fight, so Bugo decided to simply leave the stage and this resulted in them getting disqualified from the competition.
The video of Bugo leaving the stage is, I think, the second most watched video on RAI's channel, it became a huge meme for more than 1 year in Italy, to the point that 2 of the Sanremo 2021 indirectly reference the episode.

mup

Italy
2011: Mad Love Love
2012: Female Love Love
2013: Essential Love Love
2014: Mess Mess
2015: Big Love Love
2016: Narrow Love Love
2017: Karma Karma
2018: Nothing Nothing
2019: Soldi Soldi
2020: Make Noise Noise
2021: Parla Parla
2022: ?

The Dutch male host gave an idea: Pizza Pizza, Sambuca Sambuca... a bit trite I know, Italian cuisine offers so much to choose from. :LOL:

A-lister

Veteran
Wait, you missed all the Sanremo drama in 2020? :lol:

Bugo entered the competition together with fellow singer (and famous drama queen) Morgan. The song was written by Bug, so they decided that Morgan should work on the arrangement for the cover night, Morgan didn't even try to make a presentable job, resulting in a trainwreck performance and a verbal fight between the two. The night after, during the performance of their (regular) song, Morgan decided to change the lyrics and use some of the lines Bugo told him during their fight, so Bugo decided to simply leave the stage and this resulted in them getting disqualified from the competition.
The video of Bugo leaving the stage is, I think, the second most watched video on RAI's channel, it became a huge meme for more than 1 year in Italy, to the point that 2 of the Sanremo 2021 indirectly reference the episode.

I obviously missed this, I can't really sit through Sanremo to be honest :lol:

Anyways I just checked it, the "song" seemed awful anyways... :lol:

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Italy are only just getting started I feel and I can't wait. "Zitti e buoni" wasn't even the best song in Sanremo 2021, frightening thought...

A-lister

Veteran
Italy are only just getting started I feel and I can't wait. "Zitti e buoni" wasn't even the best song in Sanremo 2021, frightening thought...

I agree, although I think it might have been the strongest shot at winning yet (setting my personal taste aside).

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
OMGGGGG, Maria Sole's discography is finally on Spotify xheart

She was this irreverent singer who released in the 70s/80s albums full of desecrating and satirical songs about subjects like sex, going to the toilet, etc. She also released music as recently as 2017/2018.

If only there could be a way to get her to compete in Sanremo next year...

Zeus

It's always hard to perform at home, after the one who won the competition.

I feel like Germany did the right thing with Lena. Maybe boring for some people, but I would just say: let your winner perform again. Maybe with a song even closer to them.

Top Bottom