E ti vorrei amare, ma sbaglio sempre
E ti vorrei rubare un cielo di perle
E pagherei per andar via
Accetterei anche una bugia

E ti vorrei amare, ma sbaglio sempre
E mi vengono i brividi, brividi, brividi​

Last edited by a moderator:

Rasmus0714

I was always wondering whatever happen to Sanremo Giovani 2017 winner's Lele? He seemed like completely disappeared after winning?

hzalfa

I was always wondering whatever happen to Sanremo Giovani 2017 winner's Lele? He seemed like completely disappeared after winning?
He did, from what I can find online he acted in a webseries released in early 2020, but hasn't released new music since 2018.

Franzilein

Whatever Italy decides to do, it will be amazing. They haven't disappointed with their entries since their comeback, they will not disappoint by hosting. So excited what they will have in store for us next year xheya

EDIT: Also huge question mark about the conversation a few pages prior. If I understood right, some people think that ballads are old and outdated, and upbeat songs are modern? This is wrong on so many levels, I can't even :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

nudiecrudi

EDIT: Also huge question mark about the conversation a few pages prior. If I understood right, some people think that ballads are old and outdated, and upbeat songs are modern? This is wrong on so many levels, I can't even :ROFLMAO:
I completly agree with you.
Its a question of quality.
Adele sings mostly ballads but they are so modern. Arcade is 100 % ballad but it's not outdated at all.
This year ballad haters could be happy.
We had only two ballads in the final, maybe three unless we consider Karma an uptempo ballad and much more upbeat songs

Whatever Italy decides to do, it will be amazing. They haven't disappointed with their entries since their comeback, they will not disappoint by hosting. So excited what they will have in store for us next year xheya

Thanks for the nice words, Franzilein xrose You are one of the members of EscYOUnited who thinks in a calibrated way and, if he doesn't prefer a song, he doesn't spit hate.

Now I want to make some considerations regarding 2022. I will not speak Italian but I will reason objectively. I believe that Italy will organize a sensational ESC and I am sure that our song in the competition will be very competitive. The rumors circulating in this forum that "the host country will surely fail" are just a baseless legend. Let's see the rankings of each host country from 2000 to 2021 :geek::

2000 = Sweden 7th (Top 10)
2001 = Denmark 2nd (podium! Here the host country risked winning)
2002 = Estonia 3rd (another podium for the host nation)
2003 = Latvia 24th
2004 = Turkey 4th (EscTurkey have you seen? xheat)
2005 = Ukraine 19th
2006 = Greece 9th (second Top 10)
2007 = Finland 17th
2008 = Serbia 6th (third Top 10)
2009 = Russia 11th (good course at the ESC - for me the enough is reached in 13th position)
2010 = Norway 20th
2011 = Germany 10th (4th Top 10)
2012 = Azerbaijan 4th (5th Top 10)
2013 = Sweden 14th (here Sweden was a little below expectations but the position is not bad)
2014 = Denmark 9th (6th Top 10)
2015 = Austria 26th
2016 = Sweden 5th (7th Top 10)
2017 = Ukraine 24th
2018 = Israel 23rd
2019 = Portugal 26th
2021 = Netherlands 23rd

So ... let's recap ... 2 podiums, 7 Top 10 (by Top 10 I mean those who did not reach the podium) and 12 positive positions (I also added the 14th place of Sweden). The bad positions and the disasters are a total of 9. Can you explain to me why the legend of the "failure of the host country" was born?

Sweden, for example, has shown that its "musical method" has been performing. If the musical landscape is flourishing it is difficult for this to fail (then it can happen that once or twice to slip). Italy (I want to speak after his return) has shown that they have a very good selection. I already feel on my skin the vibrations of terror of the haters in knowing that Italy will reach the Top 10, the podium or risk winning again. If this happens ... EscTurkey and DenizESC will tear all their hair. They will risk being known as "Yul Brynner's secret children" xrofl

Instead, with regard to (old) ballads and (modern) catchy songs, I agree with Franzilein. We start from the assumption that everything modern has its roots in the past (nothing is ever totally new - sensational innovations have happened a few times in history and have been fundamental vines for cultural development, for the advent of a "New Era") .

Many catchy songs of 2021 that many have praised have winked at the past more than you think. It is useless for you to hit the ballads hard to pass "old" Italy because it shows ignorance or bad faith. This year then the speech does not really exist: Italy has brought a Rock and ... you (some haters) have idolized Gjon's Tears and Pravi. However, I think that if we had brought the song from France and Switzerland, the comments would have been very harsh :sick::poop:(n)xangry: like what happened for Diodato's "Fai Rumore" xshrugI'm sorry "Try again - you'll be luckier!" xqueenbitch

Last edited:

lacrymea

Franzilein

I completly agree with you.
Its a question of quality.
Adele sings mostly ballads but they are so modern. Arcade is 100 % ballad but it's not outdated at all.
This year ballad haters could be happy.
We had only two ballads in the final, maybe three unless we consider Karma an uptempo ballad and much more upbeat songs

Exactly. A ballad is first and foremost simply a song category. They can be dated or modern just as much as a dance / upbeat song – or was Denmark this year modern just because it had roughly 50 more beats per minute than Slovenia's entry? xfacepalmI'll say it again and again, some people use the weirdest and most confusing justifications to express their antipathies, it's such a toxic way of handling music :lol:

Have you seen the presentation ceremony of Euro 2020? If this is the first taste ... ESC 2022 will be sensational!!! xheya
No, what happened?????

P.S. Btw spread the lines wider, you are constantly attacking the middle of the pitch from the left, whereas Terim pulled a classic Italian / Milan trick 🤣 on you and had parked a bus in that exact middle of the pitch. 😝

No, what happened?????

P.S. Btw spread the lines wider, you are constantly attacking the middle of the pitch from the left, whereas Terim pulled a classic Italian / Milan trick 🤣 on you and had parked a bus in that exact middle of the pitch. 😝
It was a very colorful ceremony, there were fireworks, a beautiful choreography, the orchestra played, Bocelli sang and presented Totti and Nesta.

P.S .: EscTurkey maybe paid the referee. We were denied a penalty and were punished with an absent offside 🤣

hijirio

Veteran
It was a very colorful ceremony, there were fireworks, a beautiful choreography, the orchestra played, Bocelli sang and presented Totti and Nesta.

P.S .: EscTurkey maybe paid the referee. We were denied a penalty and were punished with an absent offside 🤣
say what? I think you really need some fresh air.
I am not even watching it, soccer is for toxic straight men. #cantbeme #notmycase

On a side note, can you please stop mentioning me on this thread? thx #leavemealone

A-lister

Veteran
Exactly. A ballad is first and foremost simply a song category. They can be dated or modern just as much as a dance / upbeat song – or was Denmark this year modern just because it had roughly 50 more beats per minute than Slovenia's entry? xfacepalmI'll say it again and again, some people use the weirdest and most confusing justifications to express their antipathies, it's such a toxic way of handling music :lol:

Very true, I think the problem is that the ballads that often end up in ESC aren't really modern or fresh-thinking but some of the more clichéd stuff one can come up with (and I guess with upbeat stuff it's easier to give it a pass because it's more for the fun, wheres with ballads it should be, at least on paper, feel a bit more closer and "real" which those clichéd ballads don't manage to do).

I think this is the reason why alot of people dread Eurovision ballads, but of course ballads as a genre doesn't mean that they can't be modern or different, it's just that they happen not to be too often in the ESC context.

Mrm

Veteran
I want Fiorella Mannoia to win San Remo 2022 and represent Italy at 2022 ESC! xlove xheart

nudiecrudi

Nessun Dorma and our Queen's We Are the Champions!
It has nothing to do with Eurovision but it is nice to see some "life" after months of darkness, the ending of this video gives you the chills!

Rome, italy 11/06/2021
That was pure class. A masterpiece opera aria, an excellent singer, many colorful fireworks, without being too much . Simple, effective and classy it's what we'll need next year.

That was pure class. A masterpiece opera aria, an excellent singer, many colorful fireworks, without being too much . Simple, effective and classy it's what we'll need next year.

I saw Totti and Nesta (also Nesta for the 1st time without Stam next to him to spoil the moment) and that was enough for me. 🤣🤣

Top Bottom