E ti vorrei amare, ma sbaglio sempre
E ti vorrei rubare un cielo di perle
E pagherei per andar via
Accetterei anche una bugia

E ti vorrei amare, ma sbaglio sempre
E mi vengono i brividi, brividi, brividi​

Last edited by a moderator:
Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
I agree on The Hu, but she's still completely unknown, so at best she could try to participate in Sanremo Giovani again.

I figured as much, but hey, in the meantime I'll have her future releases to look forward to.

I don't know anything about La Rua so I won't comment.

They participated in Sanremo Giovani twice (the latter of which was the year Baglioni used Giovani as wild card tickets to the Big and unfortunately they ended up in the same lineup as Mahmood):

(thank you random person that uploaded this because I never saw this performance and OHAI Amadeus!)

(the women at 1:30 are me when I listen to La Rua :lol:)

I love their energy (and their use of the xylophone)!

I disagree on Emanuele Aloia, the way he mentions literature and art in his works is so unbearably cheap. It seems like he literally opens his high school literature/art book on a random page and then mentions whatever that page is talking about in a song. It's not surprising the bulk of his popularity comes from high school girls who feel smart because they understand the references in his songs. Sorry, I wanted to rant about him for a while and this is the first chance I got :p.

How I imagined you while reading this:

69e0f558b3e9fb5169b1f5e3c75c98e9f46ed0f4.gif

I don't know who you're referring to that wouldn't do Sanremo

Ernia. He's said he's not interested because he wouldn't want that much attention on him since he's more of a private person and that "the Sanremo public" wouldn't understand or show him love, later he said he could never enter Sanremo because the majority of his discography contains a lot of obscene lyrics.

I can assure you Ghali is 100% included in the list of artists that are too big for Sanremo

ead6fc3c994c17b6d595c98250ecc8d7d6b129e4.gif

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
After a decade of seeing Italy back in Eurovision has now been completed, now I can safely say that I want my country to withdraw again. Only 3 female entries in a decade, and stopping the gender alternation after 2016 is not nice to see. Helped by the fact that female singers don't win Sanremo, because of its voting system and because the hype is never for them, there's no way to overcome this state of things. All Italy does is sending fanwanks, and as you already know, any country which sends stereotyped entries that appeal to the fans is not a good thing in my book. We could have the potential of sending classy entries every year sung by talented people like Malika Ayane, Arisa or Annalisa, but there's no chance for it, because they can't find their space in Eurovision, because there'll always be some male fanwank to prevail over them. Therefore, Italy's presence in Eurovision is useless.

After a decade of seeing Italy back in Eurovision has now been completed, now I can safely say that I want my country to withdraw again. Only 3 female entries in a decade, and stopping the gender alternation after 2016 is not nice to see. Helped by the fact that female singers don't win Sanremo, because of its voting system and because the hype is never for them, there's no way to overcome this state of things. All Italy does is sending fanwanks, and as you already know, any country which sends stereotyped entries that appeal to the fans is not a good thing in my book. We could have the potential of sending classy entries every year sung by talented people like Malika Ayane, Arisa or Annalisa, but there's no chance for it, because they can't find their space in Eurovision, because there'll always be some male fanwank to prevail over them. Therefore, Italy's presence in Eurovision is useless.
Honestly wishing that after a decade Italy will withdraw from the ESC again is not a very Italian sentiment. I think AshleyWright is coming to visit you soon in Birmingham and you will walk around laughing hand in hand :gimmefive::lol: What would be the reason for this thought? The lack of Italian female representatives? In fact, Victoria De Angelis is known to be transgender xrofl I hate these words that make us seem backward and conservative in the eyes of the world. I'm tired of "Politically Correct" xbored Those WHO DESERVE to go must go to the ESC. There must be no "man-woman alternation". This is discriminatory. Why take a place away from a man to necessarily send a woman? The same thing with the opposite reasoning: if a woman deserves why should a man win? xthink

For example, in Hollwood, if a director wants to win the Oscar, in addition to talking about social issues (now in the same way as a banal fashion xqueenbitch), he must take on the "minorities". Therefore, out of 10 people who must be hired, it is mandatory to hire: 3 women, 1 Asian or Latin American and 2 African Americans (their level of competence does not matter). What happens? 6 Caucasians who completed their studies successfully remain jobless. This is discrimination! Work must reward COMPETENCE. I love equal rights but I hate the rather grotesque direction we are taking. We live in a world of impositions, false and medieval "smarter and more fashion" (as Willie Peyote sang).

Let's go back to the ESC, did you consider Annalisa, Malika Ayane and Arisa right for the ESC? xthink I enjoyed their songs but they were all weaker choices that would have made our haters rejoice xheya So far only Nina Zilli has had the strength to shine at the ESC. The fault is not of our jury or of the "patriarchy" but of weak songs and interpretationsxshrug

mauve

Veteran
Honestly wishing that after a decade Italy will withdraw from the ESC again is not a very Italian sentiment. I think AshleyWright is coming to visit you soon in Birmingham and you will walk around laughing hand in hand :gimmefive::lol: What would be the reason for this thought? The lack of Italian female representatives? In fact, Victoria De Angelis is known to be transgender xrofl I hate these words that make us seem backward and conservative in the eyes of the world. I'm tired of "Politically Correct" xbored Those WHO DESERVE to go must go to the ESC. There must be no "man-woman alternation". This is discriminatory. Why take a place away from a man to necessarily send a woman? The same thing with the opposite reasoning: if a woman deserves why should a man win? xthink

For example, in Hollwood, if a director wants to win the Oscar, in addition to talking about social issues (now in the same way as a banal fashion xqueenbitch), he must take on the "minorities". Therefore, out of 10 people who must be hired, it is mandatory to hire: 3 women, 1 Asian or Latin American and 2 African Americans (their level of competence does not matter). What happens? 6 Caucasians who completed their studies successfully remain jobless. This is discrimination! Work must reward COMPETENCE. I love equal rights but I hate the rather grotesque direction we are taking. We live in a world of impositions, false and medieval "smarter and more fashion" (as Willie Peyote sang).

Let's go back to the ESC, did you consider Annalisa, Malika Ayane and Arisa right for the ESC? xthink I enjoyed their songs but they were all weaker choices that would have made our haters rejoice xheya So far only Nina Zilli has had the strength to shine at the ESC. The fault is not of our jury or of the "patriarchy" but of weak songs and interpretationsxshrug
I can only consent you. Female empowerment is important, but you shouldn't forget the competence over it. And I say this a s a woman. As far as ESC or Sanremo is concerned, Malika Ayane, Arisa or Annalisa hadn't been the better choice. They were okay, but nothing more. And we shouldn't complain about Italy. They send diverse entries year for year. When a song performed by a female is great again, she will be recognized and sent. But then again, the statement was made by Gianluca known for her hatred for men ... and finding hate for women in every corner. ;)

I can only consent you. Female empowerment is important, but you shouldn't forget the competence over it. And I say this a s a woman. As far as ESC or Sanremo is concerned, Malika Ayane, Arisa or Annalisa hadn't been the better choice. They were okay, but nothing more. And we shouldn't complain about Italy. They send diverse entries year for year. When a song performed by a female is great again, she will be recognized and sent. But then again, the statement was made by Gianluca known for her hatred for men ... and finding hate for women in every corner. ;)
The woman is important and it is important to allow him to express himself at the same level as the man but we must not exceed. This also says my mother who is a woman. Having reached equality between men and women, the only yardstick is "competence". Malika Ayane, Noemi, Arisa and Annalisa's songs were very good but they were wrong "ESC choices". Let's think, if we had sent one of these women, they would have lost against Destiny's excellent song, suffered the vocal power of Peristeri, Tina and Soklic and penalized by the audience of Efendi. However, if men have won in these years it is because their songs were stronger. For this reason alone. It cannot be said that we are penalizing women! Right now on television there is an advertisement with Emma Marrone that talks about ... discrimination against women! I believe many here are looking for a way to find a flaw in the Italian musical movement, a movement that is proving musically not to be "conservative" and retrograde.

rasmuslights

Veteran

I would not mind Annalisa, Arisa... I mean love them, but it's true that this has nothing to do with sexism - nothing. Same thing with Sweden when some woke people accuse them of sexism for sending mostly men.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Reading today the news about the passing of Milva, one of Italy's biggest music divas, it saddens me how she and other big Italian divas never went to Eurovision, such as Loredana Berté, Patty Pravo, Fiorella Mannoia, Loretta Goggi, Nada, Giuni Russo, Gabriella Ferri etc. Only Mia Martini and Iva Zanicchi were lucky enough to go to ESC. And now the same is happening to the likes of Annalisa, Noemi, Arisa, Chiara Galiazzo, Malika Ayane. We will definitely regret never sending them to ESC, when it will be too late. Again, Italy needs to withdraw from Eurovision, because it's a country without any dignity whatsoever.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Reading today the news about the passing of Milva, one of Italy's biggest music divas, it saddens me how she and other big Italian divas never went to Eurovision, such as Loredana Berté, Patty Pravo, Fiorella Mannoia, Loretta Goggi, Nada, Giuni Russo, Gabriella Ferri etc. Only Mia Martini and Iva Zanicchi were lucky enough to go to ESC. And now the same is happening to the likes of Annalisa, Noemi, Arisa, Chiara Galiazzo, Malika Ayane. We will definitely regret never sending them to ESC, when it will be too late. Again, Italy needs to withdraw from Eurovision, because it's a country without any dignity whatsoever.

sorry but your comments always crack me up hahaha:) agree that it is sad, but Italy is not a country without dignity.

nudiecrudi

This person should have some weird life.
Sorry to judge but I really think it.
What the hell does he/she proves to spell all those absolute non realistic facts?
Is he/she happy or content to see other's people reactions to his/her poisony messages?
Maybe he/she is the one who wanted so hardly Paola and Chiara to go to ESC and i can tell you this person has real problems.

A-lister

Veteran
How about a song that's actually 3 minutes, and released before the deadline date - oh wait, that will never happen.

The songs are released before the deadline date though, they are just shortened for Eurovision, I don't see the issue tbh xshrug

I much prefer Italy's approach to have a selection of songs that are organic and actually represent their music scene without having Eurovision in mind, instead of our (Swedish) approach of a national selection with artifically-made-to-fit-MF songs that don't represent our music scene.

Italy is clearly doing something right and it resonates with people because what they get are true Italian products and entries that actually represent what Italian music looks like and not purposely made for Eurovision. Italy invites us in instead of desperately trying to fit in.

Sanremo attracts some of the biggest current names in Italian music. Now imagine having a Melodifestivalen with actually popular acts like Veronica Maggio, Miriam Bryant, Victor Leksell and Miss Li entering songs not compromised for MF instead of a bunch of has-beens and desperados such as Charlotte Perrelli, Tess Merkel and Eric Saade entering songs specially penned for MF without any artistic value...xshrug

Last edited:
Bravo
The songs are released before the deadline date though, they are just shortened for Eurovision, I don't see the issue tbh xshrug

I much prefer Italy's approach to have a selection of songs that are organic and actually represent their music scene without having Eurovision in mind, instead of our (Swedish) approach of a national selection with artifically-made-to-fit-MF songs that don't represent our music scene.

Italy is clearly doing something right and it resonates with people because what they get are true Italian products and entries that actually represent what Italian music looks like and not purposely made for Eurovision. Italy invites us in instead of desperately trying to fit in.

Sanremo attracts some of the biggest current names in Italian music. Now imagine having a Melodifestivalen with actually popular acts like Veronica Maggio, Miriam Bryant, Victor Leksell and Miss Li entering songs not compromised for MF instead of a bunch of has-beens and desperados such as Charlotte Perrelli, Tess Merkel and Eric Saade entering songs specially penned for MF without any artistic value...xshrug
Bravo A-lister xclapIt would be nice if you all followed the example of Sanremo. It is okay to believe in the ESC but the musical culture and language of your country and courageous artistic experimentation cannot be lost. This is our message. You all have so much beauty to give. You just have to look inside. This way the ESC would become more competitive and intriguing. It would be exciting to always see, like this year, many songs fighting for the victoryxyes

The only changes I would adopt to the ESC format are:

1) the organization of the event only in case of victory (remove): in this way the small musical realities will always be afraid to aim for victory and will be content to bring commercial songs. I would adopt the same method as the World Cup and the Olympics: nominations. Is this the only positive aspect? No! By doing so, Sweden, for example, could win 3 ESCs consecutively; honor would not be a burden xup

2) Evening of the covers as happens in Sanremo. It would be nice to see a singer singing and impersonating a historic ESC song. The points of this evening add up to the final standings.

3) Subdivision of votes into: public 50%, press room (former juries) 25% and ... special jury (made up of famous singers such as: Madonna, Enrique Iglesias, Skunk Anansie, Mika etc ...) 25%

Finally ...

4) establishment of the "A-lister Award" for the best shrug xshrug I'm kidding! :lol: I love you, friend!:gimmefive:

What do you think about it? Do you like my ideas? :geek:

hzalfa

2) Evening of the covers as happens in Sanremo. It would be nice to see a singer singing and impersonating a historic ESC song. The points of this evening add up to the final standings.

3) Subdivision of votes into: public 50%, press room (former juries) 25% and ... special jury (made up of famous singers such as: Madonna, Enrique Iglesias, Skunk Anansie, Mika etc ...) 25%
Are you seriously thinking of taking the most controversial AND the most convoluted aspects of Sanremo respectively and putting them in Eurovision? Talk about a bold proposal...xshock

Are you seriously thinking of taking the most controversial AND the most convoluted aspects of Sanremo respectively and putting them in Eurovision? Talk about a bold proposal...xshock
I don't want to make the ESC the same as in Sanremo. I like the freshness and speed of the ESC. It doesn't occur to me to make ESC a 5 hour show 😆

But the "cover evening" is fascinating. Singers could sing, of their choice, any song that has trodden the stage of the ESC in the past. The new generations would discover the songs of the past and we could see the singing and stage ability of the artists in the competition.

What else is similar to Sanremo? The creation of 3 voting blocks? Yes, that's right but ... my ideal third jury must be made up of singers who are or have been famous.

Anyway ... Sanremo has inspired the ESC in the past. Why can't he do it now? ;)

hijirio

Veteran
Make Italy great again

A-lister

Veteran
Bravo

Bravo A-lister xclapIt would be nice if you all followed the example of Sanremo. It is okay to believe in the ESC but the musical culture and language of your country and courageous artistic experimentation cannot be lost. This is our message. You all have so much beauty to give. You just have to look inside. This way the ESC would become more competitive and intriguing. It would be exciting to always see, like this year, many songs fighting for the victoryxyes

The only changes I would adopt to the ESC format are:

1) the organization of the event only in case of victory (remove): in this way the small musical realities will always be afraid to aim for victory and will be content to bring commercial songs. I would adopt the same method as the World Cup and the Olympics: nominations. Is this the only positive aspect? No! By doing so, Sweden, for example, could win 3 ESCs consecutively; honor would not be a burden xup

Finally ...

4) establishment of the "A-lister Award" for the best shrug xshrug I'm kidding! :lol: I love you, friend!:gimmefive:

What do you think about it? Do you like my ideas? :geek:

Thanks mate ;)

Although, if there is one topic here we might disagree on then it's the format. I like the concept of Sanremo (= songs for the Italian market representing the Italian music scene), but the format itself is a bit clumsy to me.

The last thing I want is for ESC acts to sing covers though, I really don't like any shows with covers. I know in Sanremo it might work internally for Italy because there's a history with that, but it would look like a singing talent show a la Idol, X-Factor or The Voice if introduced in Eurovision and that's a big no no. We already have issues with juries ignoring the songs they judge over "big vocals", if this would be introduced I think it would be even worse.

Anyways, I don't see it introduced so there's no risk for it.

nudiecrudi

I really appreciated your sane criticism.
We have had divers opinions sometimes, respecting each others idea, but this time Chapeau
Your deep, real, cynical and sincere criticism is exactly what I think about not only Sweden but in general.

Mimmon

Veteran
I don't know what I want for Italy next year so I am expecting unexpected from Sanremo lineup....
Maybe Fasma or Irma or idk....

Also I want Italy to break host country curse of being last in Grand Final

Top Bottom