E ti vorrei amare, ma sbaglio sempre
E ti vorrei rubare un cielo di perle
E pagherei per andar via
Accetterei anche una bugia

E ti vorrei amare, ma sbaglio sempre
E mi vengono i brividi, brividi, brividi​

Last edited by a moderator:

Zerocalcare

2. Dude, first of all, don't tell me what I think. Second, yes there are Swedish songwriters on a lot of the songs in Eurovision, as there are for American artists, or in K-pop. That still doesn't make Malta a part of the "nordic block".
4. Ofc I speak for myself. If you have a problem with what some other people has written on the forums you can take it up with them (Fluke or others). Don't project their comments on to me, they have nothing to do with me.
5. You are claiming that Italy is not popular in the Bubble? Italy is ranked top 5 on this very site, has been top 5 since this years ranking started (from when Italy released it's song ofc), they are very popular in the Bubble I would say. The jurys have had Italy as their number four both 2021 and 2019, I would say that is an exelent result. Everyone is punished if they drop in quality, that's not exclusive for Italy.
6. If that is how you define that privilege then Italy definately has it since they are pre-qualified. It is per your own definition a privilege that Italy holds.
7. Where have I ever asked a rethorical question? Yes I know what to think about Italy, I like Italy. That has never been what this discussion has been about. What is "anti-Italian explanation" and when have I ever explained something in an anti-Italian way? I have never said that Italians are "boring, full of energy and think only of strategy", now you are just making stuff up man. You said that logic is missing and that is for sure true about this last point of yours.
8. You seem to be under the impression that I want to change the system with the Big5, I don't. I think it's great that some of the highly populated countrys want to cough up the big bucks so that the rest of us can enjoy a high production value contest. But if the question is if it is fair? Well that is a whole other story...
I was writing a long and articulate answer and I was very proud of myself. Then I realized I was wasting my time. Each of us will always remain firm in his convictions. Let's let the music do the talking and the final verdict will prove whether they were right or not 😎

Good night 🌛😴

Ezio

Veteran
Fun fact: I was just listening to this song and I was shivering

Zerocalcare

Tonight on TG1, Diodato confirmed that he will be a guest at the Eurovision Song Contest 2022!

Nobody can make me stop thinking that Diodato would have won the Eurovision Song Contest 2020.

bazinga

Last night I had my first ever Eurovision dream that Poland and Italy were the last two countries still waiting to receive their televote points. In the end Italy won and Poland got second place.

sucof

Zerocalcare

Ufficial spot (in English an Italiano) Eurovision Song Contest 2022 + backstage:

Last edited:

PolarFoxxie.

3 years since he appeared in Eurovision and i still don't get fandom obsession with that individual mahmood and his popularity in Italy. I just don't get it. What people see in his songs and voice.

midnightsun

Veteran
Tonight on TG1, Diodato confirmed that he will be a guest at the Eurovision Song Contest 2022!

Nobody can make me stop thinking that Diodato would have won the Eurovision Song Contest 2020.

He was my #2 in 2020, almost on par with Gjon's Tears and I was rooting for him too to win ESC (to me, only Switzerland or Italy were winners). Still sad he didn’t get to participate and I‘m so happy he‘ll get his chance to stand on a Eurovision stage.

shameless

He was my #2 in 2020, almost on par with Gjon's Tears and I was rooting for him too to win ESC (to me, only Switzerland or Italy were winners). Still sad he didn’t get to participate and I‘m so happy he‘ll get his chance to stand on a Eurovision stage.
I still have that gut feeling that if ESC2020 would've have happened, he would have won. It was exactly the time there for a song like this to win. But we will never know.
I just have to decide if in my alternate universe timelime Italy would've also won last year or if France would've succeeded. I guess Gjon's Tears wouldn't have had participate and neither would've had any of the repeaters from a year before. :D

Zerocalcare

On Sunday 8 May there will also be Cristina D'Avena among the Eurovillage guests.

The famous Bolognese singer will entertain all her numerous fans, and not only, assisted by the band Gem Boy on the occasion of the evening dedicated to civil rights and LGBT +.

In recent days, the program of concerts to be held at the Parco del Valentino in Turin on the occasion of the Eurovision Song Contest 2022 was announced ... (Continue in the article).

hijirio

Veteran
I still have that gut feeling that if ESC2020 would've have happened, he would have won. It was exactly the time there for a song like this to win. But we will never know.
I just have to decide if in my alternate universe timelime Italy would've also won last year or if France would've succeeded. I guess Gjon's Tears wouldn't have had participate and neither would've had any of the repeaters from a year before. :D
how about a triple win? 🤣 italy is being sooooo overrated lately, and i really can't relate with the hype as none of these entries have been in my top 10

nudiecrudi

I'm still wondering why some people here haven't still clear the concept of OVERRATED.
A perfect example of being overrated by the ESC bubble was San Marino last year. Either juries or public didn't vote for Adrenalina, a very well appreciated song by the Fandom.
Italy overrated? Why?
We won the televote two times 2015 2021. came top 3 two times 2019 2018
And top 10 two times 2017 2013.
Millions of voters have over valued Italy?
With this way of judging if a song is overrated i can say the same thing about 90% of all the winming or top 10 songs all over last years.

hijirio

Veteran
I'm still wondering why some people here haven't still clear the concept of OVERRATED.
A perfect example of being overrated by the ESC bubble was San Marino last year. Either juries or public didn't vote for Adrenalina, a very well appreciated song by the Fandom.
Italy overrated? Why?
We won the televote two times 2015 2021. came top 3 two times 2019 2018
And top 10 two times 2017 2013.
Millions of voters have over valued Italy?
With this way of judging if a song is overrated i can say the same thing about 90% of all the winming or top 10 songs all over last years.
The good results examplified in your post only go to confirm that Italy is the textbook definition overrated, and San Marino receiving low points last year means it was underrated. Are you sure that you understand what these words mean???

nudiecrudi

The good results examplified in your post only go to confirm that Italy is the textbook definition overrated, and San Marino receiving low points last year means it was underrated. Are you sure that you understand what these words mean???
I perfectly meant what you're saying.
Since Italy wasn't even in your top 10 last years you simply think that it is overrated because has reached results in your opinion italy does not deserved. That's right?
Italy in years has got more or less support by the Fandom, juries and public simultaneously not because is Italy but because we have always send solid songs, that you may not like.
That means not being OVERRATED but being awarded for what you deserve.

Top Bottom