E ti vorrei rubare un cielo di perle
E pagherei per andar via
Accetterei anche una bugia

E ti vorrei amare, ma sbaglio sempre
E mi vengono i brividi, brividi, brividi​

Last edited by a moderator:

crashworld

Veteran
Old news. It was already known he wouldn't have been there on the 5th of May. He is on tour right now, so the concerts were already planned. He would be there for the Eurovision week, obviously.

Some may say he could have rescheduled the concert to another day?

Personally, I think Blanco in just for the exposure and experience. And Italy being Italy, they are unlikely going to come out with any difficult staging that requires much practise. I'm sure it's just going to be something similar in style to the Sanremo performance that's all. It's the hosting country afterall, typically they are not in to win it, as long as the performance is competent. Which in this case, I'm sure it'll be.

Ajeje Brazorf

Some may say he could have rescheduled the concert to another day?

Personally, I think Blanco in just for the exposure and experience. And Italy being Italy, they are unlikely going to come out with any difficult staging that requires much practise. I'm sure it's just going to be something similar in style to the Sanremo performance that's all. It's the hosting country afterall, typically they are not in to win it, as long as the performance is competent. Which in this case, I'm sure it'll be.

But he can't for contract, probably. It happens a lot of times, expecially if you are touring.

Yeah, I think Brividi will have a simple concept and a simple stage. Winning is not a possibility this year due to circumstances and because the song isn't strong enough in my opinion to win. The performance will be strong as always, but I think the song is too bland to have some chances.

JamieBrown

I can't find any new words to describe the beauty of Brividi. Mahmood and Blanco are working so well together xheat

Only 10 points, just because my love is given to Portugal this year :D

FilipFromSweden

This is gonna be a bit bitchy but why is this even a duet? Mahmood could carry this song all by himself, I don't find Blanco interesting as an artist at all. Mahmood on the other hand will always captivate me

nudiecrudi

This is gonna be a bit bitchy but why is this even a duet? Mahmood could carry this song all by himself, I don't find Blanco interesting as an artist at all. Mahmood on the other hand will always captivate me
There is a reason. It's a talk between two friends. Each of them expressing their fragility in love, without any prejudice one toward the other. Even the verses have a different style because have been written by them, each of them have put their own personality and creativity.
There's another aspect to consider. They belong to two different generations but they have found the right formula to convey their sensibility.

Zeus

I guess it's a taste thing as well. For me, Blanco's voice fits this song way better. Mahmood sounds really nasal and forced, like the key is too high for him.

sucof

But how toxic are Spanish fans on social media?
It is a constant criticism of Italy for everything, even for the color of the sky in Turin!
They are hateful and they make themselves unpleasant, the only people in all of Europe that behave like this!

Ajeje Brazorf

It is a constant criticism of Italy for everything, even for the color of the sky in Turin!
They are hateful and they make themselves unpleasant, the only people in all of Europe that behave like this!

Don't care about them: some Spanish fans are being toxic even about JESC, so I let you imagine... Regarding our song, well, as I said before, I don't think it is as great as someone else said here. I know it's a question of personal taste, but I don't find it that impactful or powerful, and this is supposed to be impactful and powerful as a message.

I also think that Blanco's solo part is the most interesting part of the song, because it creates a great contrast with Mahmood's falsetto parts lifting the song a little. But for the rest of the time I find our entry kinda boring, tbh.

nudiecrudi

Don't care about them: some Spanish fans are being toxic even about JESC, so I let you imagine... Regarding our song, well, as I said before, I don't think it is as great as someone else said here. I know it's a question of personal taste, but I don't find it that impactful or powerful, and this is supposed to be impactful and powerful as a message.

I also think that Blanco's solo part is the most interesting part of the song, because it creates a great contrast with Mahmood's falsetto parts lifting the song a little. For the rest of the time I find our entry kinda boring, tbh.
Personally I think it's simply a question of taste.
Their selling numbers have reached incredible levels, that I don't care that much, but can show how transversal is Brividi s success. Even Maneskin have had such explosion before ESC, which says a lot considering a masterpiece Zitti e Buoni is.
Somehow a song or an artist does not connect with our inner part.

Zerocalcare

I also think that Blanco's solo part is the most interesting part of the song, because it creates a great contrast with Mahmood's falsetto parts lifting the song a little. But for the rest of the time I find our entry kinda boring, tbh.
Mahmood and Blanco and their song "Brividi" pays too high a bill. The fault was the very high level of our representatives in the three-year period 2019 - 2020 - 2021 and obviously last year's victory is also a heavy legacy. Nobody, not even Mahmood (who gave an interview on the matter) believes in another victory.

It is true that our entry is less impactful than "Soldi", "Fai Rumore" and "Zitti e Buoni" but it is also true that on the side of the musical construction, the meaning and originality of the male duo and the atmosphere urban mixed with the theme of free love (LGBT or straight) cannot be discussed. If we look at things from the right angle we can understand that all these songs are qualitatively equal. Then the rest is all a subjective matter. There are those in the forum who said last year that they hated Måneskin and this year instead appreciates the choice of Mahmood and Blanco.

Ok. I want to follow your example and say that "Brividi" is less strong. Are we really sure that being less strong means not being successful? Do you really think some past winners really deserved it? For example, I love Maro's choice but I still can't understand Salvador Sobral's victory! What was so strong about "Amar Pelos Dois"? Personally, I believe that the keys to Sobral's victory were his poor health, his way of being a "refined revolutionary" almost Bohemian and that way of singing that made what was not at all sound strangely high-level. Was Lordi with "Hard Rock Hallelujah" a strong song? Grotesque masks and fandom Metal that planned a mass vote... I took two examples among many but... what powerful message could these songs ever have inherent? Ajeje, the ESC does not always win the most beautiful song but the one that, in one way or another, manages to keep its qualities intact after months of waiting, which has that "special recipe" that allows it to grow in public, which is lucky enough that nothing goes wrong, which is not involved in a "catchy battle" or "ballad battle" (therefore not having too many fearsome opponents), which manages to suffer fewer losses in the jury vote.

Among the voices of Mahmood and Blanco, which are balanced properly, I prefer that of Blanco which, in my opinion, gives an extra touch to the final result. Many mocked Blanco because he skipped the Rehersal ESC because of the tour. According to these people, Blanco may be unprepared in the Main Event. Instead, I want to point out that we are talking about a professional who won his first Sanremo! Isn't Sanremo an equally heavy stage to face? Obviously, in both cases (ESC and SR), he can count on the presence of a top European and world singer like Mahmood.

I conclude by saying that I would be happy if another nation won. I would be satisfied not with a Top 3, not even a Top 5 but with a simple Top 10.

nudiecrudi

I have saw the first rehearsal snippets and I hope Mahmood's eyeglasses are their just to cover his eye bags... 😅😅😅
Yes:cool:. After the marathon, travelling around Europe, he will take some vacationes in Torino:ROFLMAO:. The outfit will be completly different. I have good feelings about their staging. Hope they will use also the LED floor. Seems that all the lights will be used.
:ROFLMAO:

PolarFoxxie.

Mahmoud and the other individual didn't make friends at Eurovision. I see they don't follow other contestants on Instagram. What a surprise.

Jonkonfui

Yes that is true we are too intense sometimes... But come on too few criticisms to Italy after the sun be quiet fuckedup.

Zerocalcare

Mahmoud and Blanco served unbearable, unlistenable vocal horror. Wowww, sorry Italy 0 Points. I had to mute them, Also they are kissing on stage in the end in cheek. Sorry Italy, this is unlike some other Songs not a Gay song. Therefore no points from gays. (n)(n)
Why are you always so negative, PolarFoxxie? Did Mahmood and Blanco snatch your boyfriend? 💔🤣

Top Bottom