E ti vorrei amare, ma sbaglio sempre
E ti vorrei rubare un cielo di perle
E pagherei per andar via
Accetterei anche una bugia

E ti vorrei amare, ma sbaglio sempre
E mi vengono i brividi, brividi, brividi​

Last edited by a moderator:

Zerocalcare

We all think we live in the same world but we don't. Leaving aside money, social position and different cultures, we all live in a subjective world detached from reality. Often, just like Amélie Poulain, that's where we take refuge to protect ourselves from the elements. Better to live in sweet lies than in the midst of cruel truth. Therefore, I respect Hijirio's thinking and say that he is right. In its parallel universe, Italy is musically overrated.

However, Italy which is overrated can boast:

1. Three Eurovision Song Contest titles (singing only in Italian) (fifth in the general ranking)
  2. Four OGAE Song Contest (fourth in the general ranking)
  3. Two OGAE Video Contest (third in the general ranking)
  4. Three OGAE Second Chance (third in the general ranking)
  5. Three OGAE Poll (second in the general ranking)
  6. Two Press Awards (second in the general ranking)
  7. One Composer Awards (second in the general ranking)
  8. Summing up the prizes of the Marcel Becencon Awards it is fifth in the ranking
  9. Summing up all the awards and ESC victories ranks third in the ranking with 18 victories
  10. Never won the Barbara Dex Award
  11. Thirty-five Top 10 out of 47 participations (European record)
  12. The only nation among the Big Five to win after the establishment of the most hated group in Europe.
  13. The only one among the Big Five to never come last after the establishment of the most hated group in Europe.
  14. Only 1 last time in 1966
  15. Only once Nul Points in 1966

If we also think that Italy is one of the countries that has fewer ESC stakes, that in the past has never wanted to win the ESC (hindering its artists), that it has no historical alliances and is part of the top echelons of the EBU (but it is one of the 5 nations that spends the most) and that has a good part of the hostile bubble with each entry, the results I have shown are even more fantastic. The average win is the highest in Europe.

I also want to add that the jury vote can overestimate a song or a nation but not the public. The European people are large and they all have different ideas. For the European people there is no politics but always and only rewards what they like and... Italy that almost always manages to win excellent televoting can be proud. The love of the European people establishes our quality.

If historically to compliment an artist you say "Bravo", is there a reason? Anyway... anyone is free to consider Italy overrated.

I'm sure that after this message you will only hear the noise of crickets or the wind in the Thread Italia haha. How can anyone argue with math? 🧐😆

Last edited:

mup

This thread is... well, quarrelsome. o_O

Just my advice to some Italians or Italy fans: if someone doesn't like the Italian song (this year or in the future) don't take it personally. They will keep disliking either the song or the singer no matter how much you reply, explain and so on. People who are already prejudiced against this or that country will never be convinced to appreciate something this or that country sends. People who don't like the song will dislike it even more if the arguments keep going on here. Eventually many will stop posting to avoid being dragged into an endless squabble.

nudiecrudi

Just my advice to some Italians or Italy fans: if someone doesn't like the Italian song (this year or in the future) don't take it personally. They will keep disliking either the song or the singer no matter how much you reply, explain and so on. People who are already prejudiced against this or that country will never be convinced to appreciate something this or that country sends. People who don't like the song will dislike it even more if the arguments keep going on here. Eventually many will stop posting to avoid being dragged into an endless squabble.
You're partly right.
But on the other hand we are here to share thoughts and opinions.
Personally I have never tried to change somebody s opinion. There are many forum members which have expressed their positive or negative feelings about Brividi and with most of them I ve tried to gently debate exchanging personal reasons for liking or not liking this song.
Obviously with someone the conversation becomes a bit more complicated.
I put my passion and dedication, otherwise this thread would be very cold and mechanical to my eyes, with only people commenting I like or I don't like the song.

Ajeje Brazorf

Exactly that. I'm personally not so addicted to "Brividi" and I think it is overhyped (not overrated, because we will see if it really is the 10th of May), and wasn't even my Sanremo winner, but I don't hate it and surely I don't ask others to vote for it just because it represent my own country.

Zerocalcare

Nobody says you have to love "Brividi". Many Italians with a lot of sincerity and balanced judgment, for example, have expressed that the song of Mahmood and Blanco is not as strong as those of Diodato and Måneskin (which however the most hostile part of the bubble has always considered bad and overrated). To the weaknesses expressed, however, there is also the quality of the musical composition which is indisputable, as it is also indisputable that at the ESC there has never been a song sung by a male duo, with an urban atmosphere and which speaks of a love without borders winking at the LGBT community (if another nation had brought such a song, that part of the bubble that is always hostile to every Italian song, would have torn its clothes, would have cried and sang "Brividi" as a glorious hymn). In Thread Italia, Italians and other sincere music lovers expressed their views peacefully and constructively even when hostile comments were posted. But when it is clear that some people will always remain hostile, it does not matter how hard we try, there are only two ways to act: ignore them (as has happened in the previous pages) or explain to them with scientific coldness that their comments are wrong (as I have made me today). I do not see a quarrelsome Thread but only external people who wish it to become one but unfortunately every time they leave the Thread Italia they do it with their tails between their legs 💪😎

0scar

In all honesty all these boastful posts about how amazing Italy is doing in Eurovision is not a good look and probably makes people even like the Italian entry less because.. well.. it is extremely tiring to read, how childish that may be

All those arguments can also be used to explain that Italy is overrated in the contest by the way so you're not making the point you think you are making

Zerocalcare

In all honesty all these boastful posts about how amazing Italy is doing in Eurovision is not a good look and probably makes people even like the Italian entry less because.. well.. it is extremely tiring to read, how childish that may be

All those arguments can also be used to explain that Italy is overrated in the contest by the way so you're not making the point you think you are making
This! xclap

Actually I don't agree with what you wrote but I've always dreamed of saying it xrofl

There are many forum members which have expressed their positive or negative feelings about Brividi and with most of them I ve tried to gently debate exchanging personal reasons for liking or not liking this song.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Nudie, you'd been a definition of "gently" on Måneskin's thread last year. 🤣

There's a Balkan proverb that suits this statement best, in literal translation it goes something like this:

"My dear riflegun, I have known you since you'd been a pistol only" 🤣

Italy has always been great at the ESC (minus Miss Marrone), but this year I'll have to survive 3 minutes of you haha.

I only hope they won't appear with bici di diamanti on stage, if so, I'll change the channel. 🤣

Regardless, should Italy win this year I wouldn't mind it because Mahmood deserved it with Soldi (innovative composition, lyrics and emotions, the topic he chose and how he involved the audience in presenting the song, it was all much more deserving of a win than Duncan).

So best wishes Italy. A pledge only for skipping bici di diamanti. 🤣

nudiecrudi

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Nudie, you'd been a definition of "gently" on Måneskin's thread last year. 🤣

There's a Balkan proverb that suits this statement best, in literal translation it goes something like this:

"My dear riflegun, I have known you since you'd been a pistol only" 🤣

Italy has always been great at the ESC (minus Miss Marrone), but this year I'll have to survive 3 minutes of you haha.

I only hope they won't appear with bici di diamanti on stage, if so, I'll change the channel. 🤣

Regardless, should Italy win this year I wouldn't mind it because Mahmood deserved it with Soldi (innovative composition, lyrics and emotions, the topic he chose and how he involved the audience in presenting the song, it was all much more deserving of a win than Duncan).

So best wishes Italy. A pledge only for skipping bici di diamanti. 🤣
😂😂😂😂😂
But you remember why I was so "" aggressive"" with that person.
I know you do not connect with Brividi but never argued with you about it. Last year we have shared our support to Maneskin, this year is different. ❤️❤️

PolarFoxxie.

What would you do if you would be hypothetically the only man on this planet? Blanco answers: "ohh i couldn't do that, i need to reproduct every day". :rolleyes:

Yikes! Very classy answer. Mahmoud where did you find him. Now, waiting for Italy and mahmood fans to tear me down with emojis and so what replies. :)

Milos-BC

Yet another huge favorite of mine. I actually like this song even more than Mahmood's previous attempt.

I totally wouldn't mind seeing :it: winning again.

12 points.

ArmpitOfEurope

Like, didnt he know hes going to Eurovision? :ROFLMAO:
Ah Italy, l remember us thinking Ukraine 2015 was bad... :ROFLMAO:

TB98

Maybe the concerts were already booked before he won Sanremo? There was a rumor in 2019 that if Ultimo won Sanremo he would decline Eurovision because of his tour.

Ajeje Brazorf

Old news. It was already known he wouldn't have been there on the 5th of May. He is on tour right now, so the concerts were already planned. He would be there for the Eurovision week, obviously.

Top Bottom