Ma sono fuori di testa, ma diverso da loro
E tu sei fuori di testa, ma diversa da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro

Noi siamo diversi da loro​

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
I am not a huge of this song but of Italy at Eurovision in general. And besides Ukraine, Italy would be the most acceptable and necessary winner for the future of the contest, to overcome this fuego bop madness and the execution of intereresting songs in the semis.

malombra

The Maneskin won San Remo thanks to the pandemic that forced the under 30s home on Saturday night of the final ... otherwise a classic pop song would have won. I don't think the miracle will be repeated in the ESC final, I believe in a position among the top 5 and the victory of one between Ukraine, France, Switzerland

Citelis

I am not a huge of this song but of Italy at Eurovision in general. And besides Ukraine, Italy would be the most acceptable and necessary winner for the future of the contest, to overcome this fuego bop madness and the execution of intereresting songs in the semis.
I cannot see why an Italian victory will lower the number of ''Fuegos'' next year. xshrug

Anyway i am considering to vote for Maneskin tonight!

Amethyst

It has not eluded me that this is first in the odds but I don't understand why and I would be very disappointed if this really wins.
What is supposed to be so good or special about this song that Italy is the favorite to win?
I suppose the reasoning behind this is that many people like rock music and that they would all support Italy this year, which would be enough for it to win.

It's that a lot of people simply connect with the song regardless of its genre.xshrugAlso the band has won some of the skeptics with their live performances during the rehearsals ( I saw lot of them pointing out how much surprised they were by their energy, charisma, costant impeccable vocal performances without any pre-recorded vocal help ... etc)

It also won Sanremo despite of being atypical of Sanremo as well. That reminds me of 2017 when the winner of Sanremo was also unusual for that festival and then supposed to win Eurovision next...

Their situation was a little different tho, Mahmood won thanks to the jury ( Ultimo won the televote with +40% while he had something like 15%) while Måneskin 'won' the last televote and the juries. It seems audiences - even not the typical rock ones- just tend to like them.

I see a lot of people saying that their win was because more youngsters were watching Sanremo due the pandemic. I kind of disagree. The under 20/30s aren't typical rock lovers in Italy - to me they won because they gathered the support of different age groups - which is IHMO their biggest strenght also here.

Nevertheless, if rock is that popular, why don't we have more rock songs in Eurovision

Rock is not ''popular'' especially with the eurovision audience but, when a good one pop up, the majority manages to recognize it and reward it somehow.

and why do rock songs normally never win the contest?

Because juries bury them.

Why would everyone who likes rock support Italy and not Finland?

Because rock is an extremely diverse genre and these songs are world apart.

I really don't see what is supposed to be so good about this entry. It also doesn't look good on stage. I guess it's a song for people who don't like Eurovision or anything that's typical of it.

Just tastes. No reason to try to find some kind of contrived explanation. It just happen that it's not your cup of tea.xshrug

During the semi-final, they pointed out that the last time a rock song won was in 2006 but Hard Rock Hallelujah is a lot more melodic, it had visual gimmicks and won during the circus years with 100% televote. I think Lordi was a great winner but Italy this year would be such a disappointing winner for me. I hope someone else will win.

Don't worry, we're not going to win xcoffee

Last edited:
It has not eluded me that this is first in the odds but I don't understand why and I would be very disappointed if this really wins.
What is supposed to be so good or special about this song that Italy is the favorite to win?

I suppose the reasoning behind this is that many people like rock music and that they would all support Italy this year, which would be enough for it to win. It also won Sanremo despite of being atypical of Sanremo as well. That reminds me of 2017 when the winner of Sanremo was also unusual for that festival and then supposed to win Eurovision next...

Nevertheless, if rock is that popular, why don't we have more rock songs in Eurovision and why do rock songs normally never win the contest? Why would everyone who likes rock support Italy and not Finland? I really don't see what is supposed to be so good about this entry. It also doesn't look good on stage. I guess it's a song for people who don't like Eurovision or anything that's typical of it.

During the semi-final, they pointed out that the last time a rock song won was in 2006 but Hard Rock Hallelujah is a lot more melodic, it had visual gimmicks and won during the circus years with 100% televote. I think Lordi was a great winner but Italy this year would be such a disappointing winner for me. I hope someone else will win.

I give it 5 points for being okay for what it is, I suppose.
I started making a top 10 for Eurovision in 2015 and every year from 2015 to 2019, Italy was in my top 10 but this seems to be over now. :eek:

Bla bla bla bla how to write the post that will chanel people NOT TO VOTE FOR ITALY for the sake of KEEPING EUROVISION HOW WE LIKE IT bla bla bla (*Swedish pop lobby)

So this is a song for PEOPLE WHO DON'T LIKE EUROVISION, you say?

No, it is A ROCK ANTHEM LOVED BY MANY NON-ROCKERS AND FOR ALL THE PEOPLE! ALL THE PEOPLE WITH A SOUL WHO HAVE ONCE BEEN EXCLUDED OR HUMILIATED OR DOWNGRADED.

IT APPEALS TO ALL PEOPLE REGARDLES OF THE GENRE.

AND IT IS A PERSONAL MESSAGE AND ACHIEVEMENT BY A BAND WHO WROTE IT, COMPOSED IT, PLAYED IT AND SANG IT, ALL BY THEMSELVES. NO SWEDISH CHEAP PRODUCER.

(*it's also a message for "professional reviewers" like this one hahahahaha)

It is just like Smells like teen spirit, Seven nation army, We will rock you.

So PEOPLE, DISREGARD THESE "WELL INTENTIONED" FAKE REVIEWERS AND VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE

lacrymea

It's that a lot of people simply connect with the song regardless of its genre.xshrugAlso the band has won some of the skeptics with their live performances during the rehearsals ( I saw lot of them pointing out how much surprised they were by their energy, charisma, costant impeccable vocal performances without any pre-recorded vocal help ... etc)

Their situation was a little different tho, Mahmood won thanks to the jury ( Ultimo won the televote with +40% while he had something like 15%) while Måneskin 'won' the last televote and the juries. It seems audiences - even not the typical rock ones- just tend to like them.

I see a lot of people saying that their win was because more youngsters were watching Sanremo due the pandemic. I kind of disagree. The under 20/30s aren't typical rock lovers in Italy - to me they won because they gathered the support of different age groups - which is IHMO their biggest strenght also here.

Rock is not ''popular'' especially with the eurovision audience but, when a good one pop up, the majority manages to recognize it and reward it somehow.

Just tastes. No reason to try to find some kind of contrived explanation. It just happen that it's not your cup of tea.xshrug

I'm gonna vote for Italy tonight, though I'm very skeptical about a win.

But I agree with everything you wrote.

I don't think it was only the youngsters who flocked towards the entry. Quite the opposite actually. I've read hundreds of comments from 50+ people praising the song for its classic sound quality. It has something from the 70s, something from the 90s, it appeals to different generations. I'm 45 and I'm obsessed with them.

Putting Maneskin in the same pot as Finland is like saying a pop fan must like every song put in that wide category. That doesn't make any sense. Rock has a myriad of subgenres. One doesn't have to like them all - and usually doesn't.

Edit: saying that people who support this entry don't like Eurovision is just moronic. That doesn't make any sense.

It is UTMOST BS that Maneskin is loved only by the teens.

I love them because they remind me of the music I LISTENED 20 YEARS AGO.

My colleague, 56 yrs old, called me yesterday (by landline) and she said:

I'm calling to ask whether you gonna watch ESC on Saturday (then lowers her voice of shame haha) because there is an amazing rock band from Italy and could you.....

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
I'm gonna vote for Italy tonight, though I'm very skeptical about a win.

But I agree with everything you wrote.

I don't think it was only the youngsters who flocked towards the entry. Quite the opposite actually. I've read hundreds of comments from 50+ people praising the song for its classic sound quality. It has something from the 70s, something from the 90s, it appeals to different generations. I'm 45 and I'm obsessed with them.

Putting Maneskin in the same pot as Finland is like saying a pop fan must like every song put in that wide category. That doesn't make any sense. Rock has a myriad of subgenres. One doesn't have to like them all - and usually doesn't.

Edit: saying that people who support this entry don't like Eurovision is just moronic. That doesn't make any sense.

Your last sentence - it is Swedish / Fuego TROLLING!

Storm

I don't love Italy but I agree that it's usually a good thing when winners are diverse. Of course I don't want Eurovision to become all rock but I doubt this is going to happen and rock fans deserves to be part of Eurovision as well. Besides, Italy also deserves to win, they have shown great consistency over the years and keep sending amazing and interesting songs so I'd be really pleased with an Italian victory even if I'm not fully in Maneskins corner.

I don't love Italy but I agree that it's usually a good thing when winners are diverse. Of course I don't want Eurovision to become all rock but I doubt this is going to happen and rock fans deserves to be part of Eurovision as well. Besides, Italy also deserves to win, they have shown great consistency over the years and keep sending amazing and interesting songs so I'd be really pleased with an Italian victory even if I'm not fully in Maneskins corner.
That is the right attitude, well said. It is all about good music and rewarding somebody's originality and hard work, not the genre.

E.g. I don't like techno / rave music.

But the Ukrainian song, belonging to that genre, I like and respect for their originality and the quality of music.

And despite not being my favorite, I will vote tonight for Ukraine as well.

A-lister

Veteran
Not my personal fav, but if it's between :it: and :fr: :ch: :mt: :is: , then this just HAS to win...

Although :ua: would be a more exciting winner for me personally...

Kick ass tonight regardless, an Italian win has my approval! xcheer

Amethyst

Zitti e Buoni - Spotify Charts

Viral 50 - 05/19/2021 (x)

TOP 200 - 05/19/2021 (x)

Considering that they haven't fully performed yet these data are not bad... I think...

the latest data pre-final performance:

Spotify - Viral 50 - 05/20/2021 ( x )

Spotify - TOP 200 - 05/20/2021 ( x )

Italy is 27% in the Betting Odds! Followed by France with 19% and Malta with 14%. Ukraine overtakes Switzerland and is fourth at 11%.

It's a good sign because the correction was made after jury vote.

Also, I follow always 10Bet and William Hill, they have been most accurate. They always predicted dark horses by keeping low coefficient for these entries.

CPV4931

Since the Swiss song was released, I always saw Switzerland as the winner, but more and more having the feeling, that Italy could win tonight

nudiecrudi

the latest data pre-final performance:

Spotify - Viral 50 - 05/20/2021 ( x )

Spotify - TOP 200 - 05/20/2021 ( x )

Guys you have to excuse me but I really don't understand those numbers.
That means that they are nr 13 in GB, for example?

Amethyst

Guys you have to excuse me but I really don't understand those numbers.
That means that they are nr 13 in GB, for example?

the top 50 viral is a chart that combine analytics from various social media etc. so it give an idea of the 'most talked about/shared" songs

while the top 200 is purily about most streamed songs on spotify in country x.

And comparing to the other esc songs which ones are the nearest contenders?

Since the general viewers have yet to see the full performances of the Big - 5 it's too soon to make comparisions, the only thing we can conclude is that Ukraine numbers are ( deservedly ) insane. :lol:

Top Bottom