Che qui mi manca l’aria

Ma sono fuori di testa, ma diverso da loro
E tu sei fuori di testa, ma diversa da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro

Noi siamo diversi da loro​

Last edited by a moderator:

sucof

How much do we bet that France will win with the reassuring copy of Edith Piaf? .
The French also had to win the 2006 World Cup (the fifa corruption scandal teaches us nothing?) But Italy ruined their plans at the last moment :-(), let's see can do it again this time ;-)
Eurovision is geopolitics!

Last edited:

John1

I am unfortunately thinking the same. The audience at the GF night won't be rock-fans in the majority, so my guess is that either Malta or France will be winning. But I am soooo ready for a shock winner as Maneskin!
idk about that, but i'd love to see maneskin winning ;)

CypriotGirl

Veteran
:it: has a really strong entry this year. At first I didn't really like it, but now I find it very strong. Rock stuff rarely gets appreciation in ESC, but when it does, it's huge. I think this one will do very well on Saturday.

Franzilein

I like the performance and love the song, but I can't see this winning on Saturday. The staging is not much more than a cool rock staging, and I have a hard time seeing this resonate with the juries unfortunately. Wouldn't be surprised to see this in the lower top 10, but since the juries and televoting could be quite indecisive this year they still have a shot with a big televoting score.

Not much more than a cool rock staging... for a rock song...

Maybe we should ask Croatia's dancers now that they're available to do some twerky moves on Saturday, that would surely fit so much better.

tsegaye

Maybe we should ask Croatia's dancers now that they're available to do some twerky moves on Saturday, that would surely fit so much better.
Hahahah, I never said that anything else would suit this song in particular, I just mean that the staging doesn't feel that... special? It's high energy and they're charismatic, I'll give them that, but I don't think that it contains anything that we havn't seen before (except for Damiano's suspenders of course).

Personally I love the song and like the staging, but for the general viewer I can't see them thinking much about it besides it being a regular rock entry, but in Italian. My friends that aren't that interested in Eurovision just thought that it was a standard rock song when they saw the preview yesterday, but they might be an exception of course.

crashworld

Veteran
Just watched the SF1 performance, can I just say that staging is the best one Italy has ever since they returned to the contest?
It's still very simple, but everything about it matches the band's image and the song vibe. Usually Italy's stagings are pretty basic and does not elevate the song much, but damn, this time they did a great job. I have said it before, Damiano's vocals are damn good, almost like the studio version. Such a pity this song is just not my cup of tea, if not I would really get behind Italy winning the contest.

sucof

Just watched the SF1 performance, can I just say that staging is the best one Italy has ever since they returned to the contest?
It's still very simple, but everything about it matches the band's image and the song vibe. Usually Italy's stagings are pretty basic and does not elevate the song much, but damn, this time they did a great job. I have said it before, Damiano's vocals are damn good, almost like the studio version. Such a pity this song is just not my cup of tea, if not I would really get behind Italy winning the contest.

Rai relied on this Milanese studio for the staging. He has created the scenes for the biggest concerts in stadiums and arenas in Italy and in the world, I just say, for example, that in Italy he deals with Vasco Rossi's concerts and fashion shows for Giorgio Armani

Franzilein

Hahahah, I never said that anything else would suit this song in particular, I just mean that the staging doesn't feel that... special? It's high energy and they're charismatic, I'll give them that, but I don't think that it contains anything that we havn't seen before (except for Damiano's suspenders of course).

Personally I love the song and like the staging, but for the general viewer I can't see them thinking much about it besides it being a regular rock entry, but in Italian. My friends that aren't that interested in Eurovision just thought that it was a standard rock song when they saw the preview yesterday, but they might be an exception of course.

All good, just joking around :lol: But what did you expect them to do or what do you think the "general audience" expects? This is pure rock. I don't think a group as authentic as Måneskin needs any groundbreaking staging or gimmicks, not to mention that I don't think any contestant in the first semi-final brought anything new / "not-seen-before" to the ESC besides Ireland (can't say anything for SF 2, haven't been spoiled yet).

tsegaye

All good, just joking around :lol: But what did you expect them to do or what do you think the "general audience" expects? This is pure rock. I don't think a group as authentic as Måneskin needs any groundbreaking staging or gimmicks, not to mention that I don't think any contestant in the first semi-final brought anything new / "not-seen-before" to the ESC besides Ireland (can't say anything for SF 2, haven't been spoiled yet).
No worries! :lol: True, in my opinion I don't think Månskin needs that either, but to win over the non-rock fans I think could have had more cool cuts or something (unfortunately I'm not a stage director but I feel there's something missing) that would have heightened the performance just to give them that extra winner-oumph... Regarding the qualifiers from the first semifinal Malta gave something relatively new song wise since many havn't heard charleston in that way before, but I get your point and agree to some extent!

nudiecrudi

No worries! :lol: True, in my opinion I don't think Månskin needs that either, but to win over the non-rock fans I think could have had more cool cuts or something (unfortunately I'm not a stage director but I feel there's something missing) that would have heightened the performance just to give them that extra winner-oumph... Regarding the qualifiers from the first semifinal Malta gave something relatively new song wise since many havn't heard charleston in that way before, but I get your point and agree to some extent!
Oh yes. That is true. A bit of Charleston is smth very new.
And having a glam rock song totally in Italian isn't?

I agree that camera is bad.

E.g. when he takes a bow to the audience, the camera should be front on Damiano.

Instead it flies away from him on his side.

But everything else is perfect

On point!

These guys dont need anything else but themselves.

Franzilein

Song-wise I agree, but I thought we were talking about the staging? We had solo singers accompanied by four dancers a ton in this SF alone :lol: If this continues in SF 2, I'm sure Italy will stick out by simply being a band :lol:

tsegaye

Song-wise I agree, but I thought we were talking about the staging? We had solo singers accompanied by four dancers a ton in this SF alone :lol: If this continues in SF 2, I'm sure Italy will stick out by simply being a band :lol:
Hahah I'm talking about the entries in whole! I realized I forgot about Ukraine too :lol:

midnightsun

Veteran
First of all - I preferred the suits. Pity they didn’t wear them. Performing half naked gives them a bit of bad boy image that can’t be taken seriously.

Second - the song is not my favourite, it’s way too monotonous for me. However, I‘m living for that bassline, it’s amazing. Also the accompanying guitar riff is the best piece of music I‘ve seen for a long time if not at all in Eurovision.

This song is loud, unexpected, powerful and has some interesting and musically noteworthy, sophisticated parts. The whole hype around it is built on the live performance and I have to say they SLAY!
You cannot NOT be impressed. You have to watch straight for the three minutes, even haters of rock won’t dare to go to the loo, they will be hypnotised and dragged to the couch. It’s impossible to not feel anything when watching them.They will gain votes only for the surprise effect.

I would not mind them winning. I‘d even they they should win! (Amongst a few others)

At the moment it’s tough to say if they have a real chance. Yes, Italy didn’t often do well in the past with the juries but Italy‘s songs have always been audience magnets. The songs are especially suited for the public, no surprise, they songs are the winners of a live festival. Of course they do connect more with the public. The songs are loud, positively aggressive, very emotional, loud voices (exceptions happend, I know).
They will never be juries favourites. And it’s not because juries prefer "sophisticated songs". (I wish they did but the truth is, they prefer generic songs more often than the public.)

FilipFromSweden

I just saw the performance - looks like a modern, kickass rock concert? We rarely see rock in this style or on this high level in Eurovision and it's done perfectly. I'm betting money on this one

Jopi

Just watched the performance. I LOVE IT. The beginning OMG!!!! Everything sounds and looks so good! Well, exsept Damiano's outfit. No no no. I want the SILVER PANTS BACK DAMIANO!!! I don't like that high waisted s*it, I wanna see his belly bottom :LOL:
Also the PARLA part really looks like.. I'm just gonna say it

Like Damiano and Victoria are having sex on stage on that part of the song :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom