Ma sono fuori di testa, ma diverso da loro
E tu sei fuori di testa, ma diversa da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro

Noi siamo diversi da loro​

Last edited by a moderator:

HayashiM

Veteran
I would totally okay with them winning but why does nobody talk about we might have two rock bands in the final? I would love to see Finland winning too. Finland is more casual rock who would probably get the votes from those voting for Manga (who came 2nd!). Italy is more for the casual viewer who is interested in a spectacular show, glamour, fashion, hardrock - Italy is really making an impact, probably more than Finland but the question is: will the metalheads amongst the Eurovision audience be the larger group or the casual „I want something new and exciting“ audience?

Even I myself haven’t decided whom I‘m voting for, given both are in the final.
I think Italy is gonna be more palatable for the juries. The vocals are a lot cleaner and while both acts offer raw power, I'd say Måneskin has a bit more of a "vintage rockstar" quality. Finland feels more niche and perhaps slightly less "shiny" (?). They can surely benefit from some Linkin Park nostalgia, but I don't know how far will that get them.
If I will spare some of my votes for one of these two, it's Finland. But I surely won't be mad if Italy wins.

I didn't like Iceland in 2019. I heard better industrial rock electro.

Though I replay every now or then the famous vlogs of Hatari on ESC only to laugh like crazy hahaha.

"Do Hatari love children?" 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Also the interview of Wiwis with Hatari is just ahahhahahahahahhahhau

Last edited:

spinachpie

I sure was one of them. Had never heard of Lordi before in my life, but rushed for the phone in a fever of enthusiasm, lol xD
I don't really think we can compare the two entries. Lordi made a grand show of a mock hard rock piece that was highly accessible, lots of fun and enormously entertaining. This is more like the real thing and as such much more hard to swallow by both the average viewer at home and the ordinary ballad lover juror at work.

I actually think this one is far more accessible lol. It has a really appealing hook. It's just SO GOOD.

midnightsun

Veteran
Why do you have to choose? Can't you vote for more than one act in Germany?

If I give my votes to both it basically equals zero votes 😂 But maybe I will, I have 1-2 other favourites besides :it: & :fi:.
For example, I would be AMAZED to see :ch: winning too. Let’s see who is in the final and waiting for the live performances then.

Betwixt Tales

Why are the big 5 getting a jury show now? They aren't to be awarded points until Saturday. I'm confused. :unsure:

Betwixt Tales

If I give my votes to both it basically equals zero votes 😂 But maybe I will, I have 1-2 other favourites besides :it: & :fi:.
For example, I would be AMAZED to see :ch: winning too. Let’s see who is in the final and waiting for the live performances then.
I always vote for whomever I think deserves a vote on the night. Be it 2 or 15 different countries.
Every vote counts toward your favorites getting points rather than those you don't happen to like. Because in the end, it's only the top ten that are awarded points. Be it 12 or 1.
That's at least my way of seeing it.

Yes, please! :)
ZITTI E BUONI TRANSLATION

INTRO

They don't know what I'm talking about
You dressed in dirth, in the middle of mud
(With) cigarettes stains between my fingers
I'm walking around with a cigarette
Excuse me, but this time I do believe
That I can make this leap / turn
So now I'm preparing myself for it

CHORUS 1

Eh, good evening ladies and gentlmen
Get out you actors (reference to the album name - Theater of rage)
You better grab your balls (mocking Italian superstitious gesture)
You are better off being quiet and good (submissive)
Because people here are strange like drug dealers (reference obviously to Italian society - mafia, they refused to answer this in one interview)
Many nights I spent cut out of it (a phrase, cut out of that society)
But now I kick their doors (closing the doors to them)
And I look up high like a climber
Now forgive me mom if I'm always out of line (I do not conform), but...

REF

I'm crazy but different from them
You are crazy but different from them
We are crazy but different from them

CHORUS 2

I have written pages and pages (the vocalist referrs to himself as he writes the lyrics)
And I saw the past (though here he plays a word game, so it can be also translated as I saw first salt and then tears, meaning he saw emotionless people)
These men in cars
Don't drive the fast lane (don't take the risk)
So on the thombstone of one of them I had written
"In my house there was no God"
But if you realize the spirit of the time
You will raise from your oblivion
And there will be no wind that can stop
A natural power
And with a right of point of view
The wind will make me feel intoxicated
And I will research the heights
And if you want to close me up, try once again
To cut my head off, because

REF

I'm crazy but different from them...

OUTRO

People talk but unfortunately don't know what they are talking about
You bring me the wings made of wax (a reference to mythological Icarus, the nickname with which the vocalist appears on SM)
Because I'm suffocating here
People talk but unfortunately don't know what the f**k they are talking...
Repetition of Icarus motive

REF REPETITION 2X

CODA

We are different from them

This is a translarion with references, mythological stories used in the lyrics and Italian idioms.

If you want to pinn ir somewhere, I don't know how to do it.

Last edited:

lacrymea

I would totally okay with them winning but why does nobody talk about we might have two rock bands in the final? I would love to see Finland winning too. Finland is more casual rock who would probably get the votes from those voting for Manga (who came 2nd!). Italy is more for the casual viewer who is interested in a spectacular show, glamour, fashion, hardrock - Italy is really making an impact, probably more than Finland but the question is: will the metalheads amongst the Eurovision audience be the larger group or the casual „I want something new and exciting“ audience?

Even I myself haven’t decided whom I‘m voting for, given both are in the final.
As a rock fan (above all genres), I listened to Finland once and that was it. Nu-metal from the early 2000s, nothing really exciting about it for my taste.

Maneskin are much more appealing to me and brought something equally classic, reminiscent of the 90s, but fresh and utterly exciting at the same time.

It's a matter of taste, I guess. They're both in the rock category, but won't please the same crowd I think.

... is this friend italian or speaks italian?
Lives in Milan. Please if there are corrections needed, say so I can correct!

The references to Icarus and others are fine, but she maybe gets lost in translating the idioms in English. Scalare le rapide or chiuso fuori e.g. Ialians have some problems with English haha

Last edited:

lasse braun

Best :it: entry since Il Volo for me. True class, I will certainly vote for it. I don't see them as winners but it would be epic if they do actually win the contest.

12 points.
ha-ha cool!
for me is italia 2021 the best italian ESC song of all times and il volo from 2015? the badest of all times. :mrgreen:

ha-ha cool!
for me is italia 2021 the best italian ESC song of all times and il volo from 2015? the badest of all times.: mrgreen:
Il Volo is huge success in the Balkans, they perform in big arenas here, to us whatever they do is perfect. So forgive us hahahhah

lasse braun

Il Volo is huge success in the Balkans, they perform in big arenas here, to us whatever they do is perfect. So forgive us hahahhah
yeah - i know,how well known not only at the balkan area they are but for me this kind of music is something similar to operetta means not my cup of tea - i like classic a lot and some operas too but i prefer here mozart,verdi or oldschool classic like bach,vivaldi,beethoven,tschaikowsky,händel ect.
classic is a very wide field - when i need some fresh energy i listen or watching this masterpiece from sylvester 1970.xmusic

yeah - i know, how well known not only at the balkan area they are but for me this kind of music is something similar to operetta means not my cup of tea - i like classic a lot and some operas too but i prefer here mozart, Verdi or oldschool classic like bach, vivaldi, beethoven, tschaikowsky, händel ect.
classic is a very wide field - when i need some fresh energy i listen or watching this masterpiece from sylvester 1970.xmusic

[MEDIA = youtube] -1DsJ5YQr5s [/ MEDIA]
We are more this type of classic music haha

2 crazy Croats live from Verona, Italy

Top Bottom