Che qui mi manca l’aria

Ma sono fuori di testa, ma diverso da loro
E tu sei fuori di testa, ma diversa da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro

Noi siamo diversi da loro​

Last edited by a moderator:

malombra

Italy has so much more to offer. Ancient sites (Pompei, Erocolano, Ostia Antica ...) are absolutely stunning! Well, yes, Pizza and Sambuca are quite nice as well ... :whistle:

Dutch people are just not as refined + they are jealous because Dutch cuisine sucks lol. (I know I am)
if you reduce everything to the ancient ruins and the kitchen, I get angry with you too ... please don't provoke me a chauvinistic and very bad defense (towards others) of Italy

History, music, art, food, landscapes, sea... and I could go on. We have a lot to offer and we are happy to share this with us.

The only warning: female tourists will be preyed upon as soon as they cross the border. Warning! Without realizing it ... you will see a man jumping out with a rose! xrose:eek:

History, music, art, food, landscapes, sea etc ... and I could go on. We have a lot to offer and we are happy to share this with us.

The only warning: female tourists will be preyed upon as soon as they cross the border. Warning! Without realizing it ... you will see a man jumping out with a rose! xrose:eek:

There is a special advice that all Balkan fathers give to the daughters before hitting Adriatic in July:

Do whatever, but don't sleep with an Italian, he is untrustworthy. 🤣🤣

Last edited:

sucof

When you mention Italy to me, in this order I remember:

1. A nest of Western civilization / a parabole of Western popular cultural

2. Architecture

3. Art

4. Amazing poets and novelists

5. Fashion

6. That Roman Law exam that gave me migranes for life 🤣

7. The teacher of Italian who taught me nothing and called my mom to school when I had a tough period of adjusting after my friend's death, to accuse me I'm taking drugs because I was in bad mood and snorting on class (whereas I took medication for asthma and nasal corticosteroide in April). Mom locked me for a month untill proved innocent. 🤣 There Damiano, you're not the only one honey. ❤

Still waiting for teacher of Italian to die so I can "honour" her on her funeral. 🤣

8. Stumbling by accident on lecture of Y. Varoufakis in Rome 🤣
Excuse me but I have to be a patriot :-) I would like to remind you that Italy is also the second industrial power in Europe after Germany, as well as fashion, cooking and art.
Not much is known :-)
it is one of the most industrialized countries in the world, in fact we are part of the g7, even if many think we live on tourism and art , you know, a few months ago a Dutch politician said that Italians stay all day on the beach sleeping and with women, I wouldn't want people outside Italy to really believe it! 😁

More info:

Last edited:
Excuse me but I have to be a patriot :-) I would like to remind you that Italy is also the second industrial power in Europe after Germany, as well as fashion, cooking and art.
Not much is known :-)

[URL unfurl = "true"] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Italy [/ URL]

I know that, my cousin was offered a job in Turin as an industrial engineer. But then opted for Germany.

I was only mentioning first associations that came to my mind

mauve

Veteran
@malombra You just read what you want to read! Who said something about reducing Italy? I mentioned the ancient sites because I have been to Italy many times and the sites fascinate me. You are truly a chauvi!!!

Miloutchi

@malombra: You must get angry often then. You can't expect ignorant people to be non-ignorant all of a sudden ...

Tbh, I realize I am very ignorant in many aspects, including this one, but if that's a reason to be angry with me, then I will probably remain as ignorant and you as angry. You can't expect everybody to know as much as you, especially those from a different background. You can only educate them and hope they'll listen.

Looren

Veteran
Italy has so much more to offer. Ancient sites (Pompei, Erocolano, Ostia Antica ...) are absolutely stunning! Well, yes, Pizza and Sambuca are quite nice as well ... :whistle:

Shame that he didn't add spaghetti too :lol:

But well yes I guess that Italy has much more to offer that Pizza and Sambuca :lol:

[USER = 19857] @malombra [/ USER]: You must get angry often then. You can't expect ignorant people to be non-ignorant all of a sudden ...

Tbh, I realize I am very ignorant in many aspects, including this one, but if that's a reason to be angry with me, then I will probably remain as ignorant and you as angry. You can't expect everybody to know as much as you, especially those from a different background. You can only educate them and hope they'll listen.

IMO @malombra only tried to show national pride as Italy is often neglected as one of leading economic powers of the World. That was overshadowed with the Euro crisis recently so people tend to forget it is a leading economy.

malombra

I state that I am not a chauvinist until I hear the usual idiotic clichés about Italy. And my defense is not based on economics but on culture. All Western culture was formed in the Roman law schools, on the structure of the state. The first European University is Italian. the first bank is Italian. If piano and violin had not been invented in Italy, what a big loss would it have been eh? and the pentagram? Do we want to talk about the engineering of roads, bridges, aqueducts? The telephone, the radio? Had it not been for the Benedictines and Dominicans, all the ancient culture would have been lost. And I give up everything else that would be left over and it would be really embarrassing for many. Now, if you will allow me, I don't remember if it was a comedian or is it a Roman saying that says: "when you were still going through the caves, we were already fags" :p

Amethyst

I state that I am not a chauvinist until I hear the usual idiotic clichés about Italy. And my defense is not based on economics but on culture. All Western culture was formed in the Roman law schools, on the structure of the state. The first European University is Italian. the first bank is Italian. If piano and violin had not been invented in Italy, what a big loss would it have been eh? and the pentagram? Do we want to talk about the engineering of roads, bridges, aqueducts? The telephone, the radio? Had it not been for the Benedictines and Dominicans, all the ancient culture would have been lost. And I give up everything else that would be left over and it would be really embarrassing for many. Now, if you will allow me, I don't remember if it was a comedian or is it a Roman saying that says: "when you were still going through the caves, we were already fags" :p

To quote a wise man:

🦵👢 "Don’t take it too seriously❤️"

harey

My final word of all this stupid controversy:

I know that sometimes Frenchies may be harsh towards Italians (and vice versa) but it's what we call "amour vache" and at the end of the day the vast majority of people here just like your country (and music, and food, and landscape, and many more things... Maybe just not your national football team. 😁)!

I know that sometimes Frenchies may be harsh towards Italians (and vice versa) but it's what we call "amour vache" and at the end of the day the vast majority of people here just like your country (and music, and food, and landscape, and many more things... Maybe just not your national football team. 😁)!

And I thought Materazzi was a French favourite 🤣🤣

harey

@PollyWantsACracker But it is nothing if we compare it by how we are collectively victims of trauma due to Germany in Sevilla in 1982. I wasn't even born yet but I got nightmares of it. 😭

malombra

«Solo Parigi è degna di Roma e solo Roma è degna di Parigi»"Seule Paris est digne de Rome ; seule Rome est digne de Paris." I love you but I stop here because if I think about the economic and business issues between our two countries I become a beast ...;)

nudiecrudi

Let's change the argument guys.
Here is a long article on Repubblica, one of the most famous and moderate newspapers in Italy, analyzing all the songs and why we should love ESC.
First time in my life I read an article like this regarding ESC.
Mainly the author praised Ukraine, France, Russia, Finland, Lithuania, Portugal and somehow Iceland, the quintessential of ESC.

mauve

Veteran

I was on your site ... are you a fan of Kiki's delivery service??? :love: One of my fave movies by Hayao Miyazaki! #offtopic

Top Bottom