Tu portami dove sto a galla
Che qui mi manca l’aria

Ma sono fuori di testa, ma diverso da loro
E tu sei fuori di testa, ma diversa da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro

Noi siamo diversi da loro​

Last edited by a moderator:
No worries! I was just calling out how it's weird we had a song that more or less glamorous artists that lived unhealthy lifestyles and died young from substance abuse or from taking their owns lives (referenced in the lyric like the 27 club headshot we don't want to grow up ) and that was ok. Man looks down at table though and it's a whole scandal. I hope they take a test. Everyone needs to be careful with what they're saying cause it's a pretty serious accusation to make.

We were actually commenting here yesterday (some saying he is not a genuine rocker whatever) how they advocate for not drinking nor taking drugs and LGBT rights.

How they are trying to set up a different rock model to youngsters.

And the very next day that same man bends over to pick up glass from the floor and ends up being Kurt Cobain. 🤣🤣🤣

THE BIGGEST PARADOX OF ALL IS THAT THAT THE SONG WITH WHICH THEY WON TONIGHT TALKS EXACTLY ABOUT THIS TYPE OF PEOPLE DEHUMANIZING YOU AND DEFAMING YOU FOR BEING DIFFERENT.

Remisan

THEY ARE WIN!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!

I was sitting with other people, I got here just now, to say that the guys are the best. xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart

And people continue to talk. How damn symbolic. Maneskin's song has such a relevant message!

Where is the logic???
How can a Eurovision participant use drugs on the show? Where have you seen at least one person who could do this?
This is in addition to the fact that the guys have said many times that they are against drugs
Why stupid people are so stupid?
One moron takes a line in a song out of context and comes up with complete nonsense. Now it is impossible to bend over without being mistaken for a drug addict!xwall

RevNet

THE GOOD:
  • This is some nice punk rock.
  • It's memorable.
THE BAD:
  • I said it with Finland, and I'll say it here: Choosing a rock song is always a gamble.
THE VERDICT:

Whereas Finland's entry is a mix of rap-metal and post-hardcore, this entry is pure punk rock. It'll be really interesting to see if Italy really can do any genre of music and still be in the hunt for a win, and this entry will be a true test of that. This definitely would've qualified if it wasn't already in the Final. Let's see who wins out of Finland's metal vs. Italy's punk, shall we? 10 points
Well, it looks like Italy not only won the rivalry of rock songs in this year's contest against Finland, Italy also won the whole thing! I'll echo some of the other members here and say that yes, Italy can probably send a song of any genre they like and still be in the hunt for a win. This win just about proves that. They have talented folks, and ever since their return, you knew that a win was eventually going to come their way at some point. While I wanted Iceland to win, this is a talented bunch of rockers. This is a pleasant surprise to end this ESC season. See you in Turin, I guess?

I want to put what Matt said in the context of the song we all witnessed tonight winning.

Damiano David wrote ZITTI E BUONI 4 years ago, in the early days of their career when he and Maneskin were mocked and insulted for looking different and behaving different.

ZITTI E BUONI Damiano dedicated to all the misunderstood people excluded from the society.

ONE LINE IN THE LYRICS OF ZITTI E BUONI EVEN CONDEMNS ITALIAN MAFIA SOCIETY RELYING ON DRUGS:

"HERE PEOPLE ARE STRANGE LIKE DRUG DEALERS"

ON THIS NIGHT, WHEN IT HAD WON:

1. THE SONG CONDEMNING DRUGS CULTURE

2. THE SONG THAT WAS MEANT TO SILENCE ALL THOSE VOICES WHO WANTED TO DEHUMANIZE US, DEGRADE US

3. THE SONG ENCOURAGING US TO HAVE STRENGTH TO STAY TRUE TO OURSELVES

PEOPLE WHO HAVE FALSELY ACCUSED THEM OF TAKING DRUGS HAVE JUST PISSED ON THE MOMENT THAT ALL OF US DESERVED.

THANK YOU MANESKIN FOR THE MESSAGE SENT, WE LOVE YOU AND RESPECT YOU.

AS YOU SAID IT YOURSELF DAMIANO:

La gente purtroppo parla, non sa di che cazzo parla! ❤🇮🇹

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
i showed this to my dad and he loved it (for reference: he DESPISED netta and disliked salvador) so yay xcheer

i think it was said here the reminiscence with queen, and my dad, as queen stan, also identified that energy freddie had but for him it's not even close to queen's impact etc

but anyway it was overall positive it's what matters :lol:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
The Italian thread all season long
8IRkvhC.jpg

VirginiaVision

I didn't think they could do it, but here we are! I was sure that there would be enough jurors that stuck up their noses and said "this is too loud". While that may have happened, there certainly were not a lot of those people in the voting audience tonight!

Well done Italy; congrats on proving me wrong!
Il rock and roll non è morto! :it:

Betwixt Tales

We don't know he actually did it though? It's your minds going there, just him leaning down. No one sees the coke, no one can say for certain except for a dodgy looking camera angle? If he did then for sure it's disgusting and hopefully something will be done about it, any drug abuse of any kind isn't cool at all. It can destroy peoples lives, but I'd rather wait for confirmation before piling on a hate train for what is an unfortunate few seconds on camera.
As staff on this site, I think it's really bad practice to feed into a baseless lie like this, talking about "if" and "wait for confirmation".

The man was LOOKING DOWN.

I'm so disgusted that people are spreading these kinds of rumors. And feeding into them. It's not okay. (n)

Zeus

I can see a scenario in which a lot of countries battle for the juryvote (Switzerland, France, Bulgaria, maybe Belgium, Malta, Portugal etc), so nobody really walks away with it. And than Italy will receive a massive televoting result and wins the contest.
Golden comment, I'm sorry.

Happy that this scenario came true.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
As staff on this site, I think it's really bad practice to feed into a baseless lie like this, talking about "if" and "wait for confirmation".

The man was LOOKING DOWN.

I'm so disgusted that people are spreading these kinds of rumors. And feeding into them. It's not okay. (n)

Excuse me? He obviously wasn't taking drugs, so I'm not feeding into anything thank you very much so wind it down. I meant people should wait until its confirmed before accusing someone, quite literally a couple posts above me is people acting as if its factual information in order to feed drama. Straight up slander.

nofuxCZ

People seriously thinking he snorted coke should take a good look at that video again and focus on where are his hands and head and where is the table. Must be some serious wizardry if he was able to snort from 20cm distance (his head is way above the table) and without using his hands (both of his hands in fist position are visible the whole time).

Anyway, big congrats Italy! Can't wait for 2022 xcheer

Betwixt Tales

Excuse me? He obviously wasn't taking drugs, so I'm not feeding into anything thank you very much so wind it down. I meant people should wait until its confirmed before accusing someone, quite literally a couple posts above me is people acting as if its factual information in order to feed drama. Straight up slander.
You start by asking if we knew if he did it, which opens up for the possibility that he did, instead of just straight up saying it's a bad-faith rumor with no evidence. Which it is. You then continue to talk about how, if he did do it that it's disgusting. That is feeding into the lie instead of shutting it down.

But I'm glad to see you being clear in the comment above, saying that he obviously wasn't during drugs. (y)

You can't confirm a negative. That's why (most) justice systems are built around proving that someone did something, rather than them having to prove they didn't.

Edit: My last comment about how I don't think it's alright to spread this rumor wasn't meant specifically at you. But everyone spreading the lie. It can seriously harm Damiano and Måneskin's business.

Last edited:

mauve

Veteran
To believe that somebody is using cocaine sittin next to 60 years old head of delegation and 50 years old manager while whole world is watching is either

1. Immense stupidity!!!

2. Immense evilness

Choose where you belong.
People are bad losers. AND stupid. Still believing that every takes drugs. But we knew all along that haters would find a reason where there is none.

mauve

Veteran
You cannot bring drugs into the arena, we all get checked constantly. To believe that they were actually doing this in the Green Room in front of 180 Million viewers is hilarious. This is libel and people need to be really careful with what they are putting out there.

We do not allow libel defamation on this forum so please keep that in mind when posting stuff like that going forward.
Thank you, Matt for putting am end to this discussion here in this forum!

hijirio

Veteran
Sing a song with lyrics essentially glamouring the young deaths of famous musicians from substance abuse and suicide: Radio silence from fandom.

Man looks down at table: DRUGS!!!!!!!!!!

No?

There was a lengthy discussion in the Finnish thread in this forum about the lyrics of the song being controversial, maybe you haven’t seen it lol

musicfan

Finland v Italy probably upped the votes there
and maybe even
France v Switzerland

It's hard to ignore the underrating of some songs in the televote.

Top Bottom